How did you find this place?

Zyflair said:
The league I played TCG at suggested it to me.

tybike said:
Through friends.

Both of these, actually. Someone at a BR mentioned the main site, but I didn't get to visit it until about 6 months later. Then, about 6 months later than that, my friend got me to join the forums.

If I recall correctly, there were VGC Reports on this site before? lol

It might've been another site, but I was looking around for VGC Reports and such, found this site, lurked for awhile, and then joined

Wow, that's going back a bit now. Aug 2008, probably the only good thing I did that month was join the beach.

I wanted to make a fresh start on a few forum and searched in a few things that I liked; including Pokemon of course. I have been "hiding out" if you like. This is the only forum I am active on now. And hope to be active for another number of years. Thanks for making me feel old.
And I hope everyone does what is in DarkVoid57's sig.

This thread seems to be a lot of old people and a lot of young people.

I was looking for Poke'mon Cosplay and it linked me towards the thread which had a picture of my Shaymin cosplay on the first post. I soon joined afterwards because the SEGA forums was starting to annoy me.

I started using Serebii for new pokemon info or help with games. I then found PB (I think through searches) and I thought that it's news was organized better than Serebii. And I lurked for a while. Especially during the HGSS revealings and what not. And finally I had to make an account so I could talk about the new game with all you fine folks. The rest is history.

Zyflair said:
The league I played TCG at suggested it to me.

dis

I then lurked for about a week, looking at pretty much everything, started a group in PB Groups or whatever it was called way back when for VG, and evolved from there.

I was searching for deck ideas and found this... a bit of lurking and I finally joined.

I used to be a member of Serebii.net forums and during my time there I read a lot about the whole Pokebeach Vs. Serebii war which was pretty good entertainment. If it wern't for those wars I don't think I would have found this place. It was only recently that I joined the forums though because too much lurking might be bad for health.

I found out that Pokebeach was a good news site for the Pokemon TCG - I started following it right around when Legends Awakened came out. I didn't actually end up joining the forums until meeting WPM at a Supreme Victors prerelease; I'd been on the fence for the past few months but that encounter was enough to tip the scales.

And now here I am today - a Pokebeach regular who pretty much everyone knows. Wow. Time sure flies.

I came across Pokebeach.com while reading a Bulbapedia article about the fifth gen games being officially announced (there was sort of a random reference to this site or something that got my attention and made me want to check it out). At first I wasn't too interested because I quickly found out this was mostly a site for TCG news and the like, but after a few weeks my interest grew because the information being posted on the main page was easier to digest and keep up with than on Serebii's almost daily onslaught of essentially useless information about their own updates to their website and such.

Hmm I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but for the most part I still remember how I came here. In about September of 2007, I had heard/seen that a PMD2 game was supposed to be coming out. Naturally curious, I had looked it up on the web. At first, I came to a site that gave some information about it. However, it was pretty poorly organized, and I was still curious for more information.

The next site I came to was PokeBeach. The information was much more organized, and better yet, I found out it was also a good TCG news site as well. (I was clueless about any Japanese TCG releases at the time.) Excited about my find, I kept coming back every now and again, mostly checking up on DP4 news. Finally, at about the time DP4 was released and Secret Wonders pre-releases were happening, I found out about the forums, and by extension, the "Deck Garage." I decided to post my atrocious "burn and poison deck" (which has long since been deleted. :[) trying to get any help I could.

Fast forward 4 years. I haven't played the TCG in a very long time, have faded in and out of competitive VG countless times, and have had numerous bouts of inactivity.... (I'm still relatively inactive compared to my activity level in 2008)

...yet I'm still here.

Ya I remember how I got here...

So I was surfing the net for VGC 2011 analysis' when I found like Team Roids or something. His team was completely Rock weak, so I decided that I wanted to respond. Before I did, though, I looked at the chat and liked the people there :3. So I joined and responded to that guy. Really love this place!
DNA taught me a bunch, so thank ya!

My boyfriend and his friends always talked about it while we play at league so it intrigued me. I had him help me get used to it and now I enjoy looking on here for options when it comes to the Pokemon TCG.

Before lurking around Pokebeach,I previously relied on Serebii for pokemon updates/news.

However,I grew weary of it,so after searching google for other pokemon oriented sites,I stumbled across pokebeach.

I found it quite interesting,thus,after an approximate two years of lurking,I decided to join.I've yet to regret the shift.

I believe I was looking for a place to get deck help. The atmosphere of other places didn't seem right so pb is where I stayed. Now I've evolved into being a competitive battler in addition to being good at the TCG.

Chrome72 said:
Ya I remember how I got here...

So I was surfing the net for VGC 2011 analysis' when I found like Team Roids or something. His team was completely Rock weak, so I decided that I wanted to respond. Before I did, though, I looked at the chat and liked the people there :3. So I joined and responded to that guy. Really love this place!
DNA taught me a bunch, so thank ya!
...I've been trying to find your forums username for a few weeks now, and finally I have it.

Back