Holes in my Fossil packs!

pseudopsycho

Aspiring Trainer
I recently purchased some 1st edition fossil booster packs on ebay. They all seem to have a semi perforated side with 3 or 4 very small holes along the side of each pack. I'm trying to figure out if that's normal for these packs or if they have been tampered with.

Attachments

• PICT0050.jpg
    PICT0050.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 148

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Booster pack question

I remember those marks from years ago. I believe it was done by WOTC packaging machines.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller

Strange. I have never seen those marks on a booster pack.

Ice

Returnee

I haven't either, if i were you i wouldn't open them and in a few years sell them on ebay for a crap load of $$$

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer

I doubt marks like that would help increase a packs value seeing as people would most likely want one in the best condition possible. I've been noticing a lot of those holes on the Boundaries Crossed booster packs. I personally find it displeasing to look at. I know they havn't been tampered with but that's always the first thought that comes into my mind.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top

I have noticed those marks on various WOTC packs, primarily Gym Challenge/Heroes packs. I guess it's just a packaging error. It shouldn't effect the cards though.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I think they might have happened on the belts that quickly moved them from machine to machine and some machines had little pns that help seal packs. Sometimes during sealing they would press down to far and sometimes puncture the booster covers for the cards but I don't think the holes released any pressure from the holes though. It was something like that. Not sure how PUSA does it though.:)

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

I've gotten Neo Discovery packs that came in a weird order... anyone know if this was a tampered with pack or if that was just later producing, but the cards are usually... 3 uncommons, the rare and then the commons... the lot of 4 I got had the rares all the way in the back, which is cool but suspicious... I did get a holo though and it seems like it's gem mint but it's curious.

DML

Aspiring Trainer
I recently purchased some 1st edition fossil booster packs on ebay. They all seem to have a semi perforated side with 3 or 4 very small holes along the side of each pack. I'm trying to figure out if that's normal for these packs or if they have been tampered with.
Heya,

Did you ever do anything with these? Open them? Prove they were legit? I have some base set packs with the exact same holes. At the time of buying the seller confirmed all his other packs in the box also had them.

Now with the boom on pokemon cards maybe someone can confirm.

Thanks

Keith O’Boyle

Aspiring Trainer
I have similar holes in some of my base set booster packs that I’ve held onto for the last 20 years. Would you consider these “new” or “used” on eBay? I’m thinking used since they’re technically damaged I guess but they’re in perfect condition besides that. Some may have a small tare but that’s it.

thehobe

Aspiring Trainer
I have about 9 packs left of first edition Team Rocket cards that I purchased personally over 20 years ago from a Target store in the SF bay area. These packs ALL have the 4 small pricks/holes in the right side of the cards packs in similar positions as seen in the photo attached. They have never been out of my hands so there has been no tampering.

Attachments

• DSCN2410[1].JPG
    DSCN2410[1].JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 6