Heatmor - The Answer to Durant?

The Yoshi

Wumbo
13.jpg

Code:
Heatmor – Fire – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[C] Hot Tongue: 10 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is Durant, this attack does an additional 50 damage.
[R][C][C] Firebreathing: 50 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

So is this an answer to Durant mill decks? It's extremely easy to tech, being a Basic, and only requiring a Colorless Energy to hit Durant for 120. So is it worth teching?

I'd only run it if you can't take out Durant with what you have. Like, if you're running Tornadus (or even Tornadus EX), you can just take them out in one hit and you wouldn't need the Heatmor. It's a nice tech for decks that can't OHKO Durant without some sort of disadvantage (like taking damage with Zekrom, detaching energy with Reshiram, etc), though.

I can't believe they are making a single card that completely counters a Tier 1 deck. The sadest part is they are making it so it literally is a counter to Durant. Not your best work Pokemon.
So, yes this is a perfectly legit durant counter.

If Durant is really a problem for you, and you're concerned about losing to it, then yes, I'd say the Pokemon that is a basic with an attack that even has Durant's name in it is a good counter to it. That's the most specific tech card I have ever seen. It is literally an awful attack against everything but a single card. That's the definition of a tech, if you ask me.

I guess I need to run Durant for at least 1 Cities if I ever want to have a chance with it then...

Damnit, and here I was enjoying this little card eating ant so much :(

I know lots of people in my area will be teching one of these into there decks =/
Oh well, I shall eat decks untill this set is released!!

Short answer: yes, it's a perfect Durant counter. Fire anteater > metal ant.

However, it's a horrible card outside of that matchup. It's complete deadweight and it doesn't even have free retreat. Durant isn't even Tier 1 as it is anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much. It could go into YanZone or something like that that can't deal with Durant. But ultimately, that card will probably see no play. The better players avoid Durant, so none of them will tech for it either. If Durant were hugely popular and wrecking Cities, it would be much more playable.

I also agree with #12 that having such a hard counter to such a fun and not-OP deck is disappointing. However, the deck was starting to run an attacker like Cobalion anyway. That will just become necessary for it now.

I will be carrying a Heatmor in every deck until Durant dies off because of Heatmor seeing play. I'm up for a 1 to 2 card tech if it gives you an auto win against a deck in the format. The only things Heatmor wouldn't help in are Reshiboar, or Reshiphlosion.

This... This is very disappointing. The fact that Durant has so much potential and now it's been completely ruined by one card... It frustrates me to no end. Great job ruining one of the funnest decks decks in the format.

Is it really that enjoyable? It is clear that a lot of people dislike Durant, and feel that it is a cheap way to win, personally I don't care, but I know a decent amount of people have been complaining about it. Also, I have heard from Durant players that it is a really boring, simplistic deck, and I know for a fact that it is no fun to play against.

iisnumber12 said:
I can't believe they are making a single card that completely counters a Tier 1 deck. The sadest part is they are making it so it literally is a counter to Durant. Not your best work Pokemon.
So, yes this is a perfectly legit durant counter.

Dude the whole set is just meta counters.You got heatmor(Durant),empoleon(Reshiram),all the dark pokemon(Chandelure),galvantula(Yanmega),swanna/blissey(Kyruem),aerodactyl(Gothitelle and the truth),and Espeon(Cobalion and Vanilluxe)
It sickens me.

Heatmor is very situational If you're not going up against Durant, I don't think it's worth it IMO cause skilled players can beat Durant without needing to run Heatmor just to get around it.

If you're playing something like TyRam, ZPST/ZET, and any other deck that doesn't force you to discard cards from your deck **cough** CaKE **cough**, then you're in smooth sailing. If you're that desperate run 3-4 FSL and Super Rod.

But what If Heatmor is prized, what then? Rotom UD isn't as consistent as Azelf was last format, too bad If they printed something like it now it'd be Catcher bait.

Well I would rather have to take prizes until I get a tech rather than add a 5 card tech that is extremely inconsistent.

As I kinda said earlier, this card shouldn't be printed because durant isn't destroying like Luxchomp or Gallade/Gardivoir, it is just a deck out there. While we're at it let's just create a card that beats every good deck, so only a deck that counters everything wins and then loses to theme decks which lose to meta decks. Heatmor is just the start of another Rock-Paper-Scissors format.

This is easily the best card in format and the coolest card ever.

Anyway, it makes sense that it beats Durant if you think about it. The whole fact that it's a FLAMING ANTEATER, and Durant is a STEEL ANT kind of... seems logical to me. lol.

You shouldn't have to tech against Durant. If you don't have an awful start and just play smart, it should NOT be that difficult to beat it. I know there are exceptions, but seriously. It's not that bad.

Guys, just chill. This mechanic isn't even anything new.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/great-encounters/59-zangoose.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/great-encounters/3-darkrai.jpg

Skill - The Answer to Durant: New seiries coming soon. People seriously need to learn that Durant is horrible when paired against anyone who knows what they're doing/knows how th play the matchup. I'm probably going to write an article on this, because Durant is terribad. As for the mechanic, they have done this beofre for "rival pokemon", Heatmor is an Anteater and Durant is an Ant.

Back