Heatmor - The Answer to Durant?

So what if the deck runs 1 pokemon? Lots of decks could run 1 pokemon if they wanted to, it just wouldn't be good. Durant just happens to be a deck that IS good just by itself.

I'd like to see a deckmthat runs one of these, 4 FSLs, 4 Super rod, 4 Good rod, 4 junk arm, 4 recycle, and 39 energies. The durant troll

alexmf2 said:
So what if the deck runs 1 pokemon? Lots of decks could run 1 pokemon if they wanted to, it just wouldn't be good. Durant just happens to be a deck that IS good just by itself.

And any of those decks would be stupid also.

People who lose to Durant are either

1. Not playing the Durant Matchup well by playing too many draw supporters and using their PONTs too early.
2. Just plain unlucky with their starts.

Honestly, Heatmor is not that necessary to counter Durant (unless you're Gale) and just playing smart is enough for one to beat it.

Brisk Cakers said:
People who lose to Durant are either

1. Not playing the Durant Matchup well by playing too many draw supporters and using their PONTs too early.
2. Just plain unlucky with their starts.

Honestly, Heatmor is not that necessary to counter Durant (unless you're Gale) and just playing smart is enough for one to beat it.

Your playing The Truth. Your opponent is playing Durant. Just from that, who do you think is going to win? I would be putting my money on the Durant. The only matchups that Durant can't win is ReshiPhlosion and ZekEel or ZPST.

TBH, durant can win against any deck against an unprepared player. ZPST really hurts it because they can apply the pressure T1, but durant can tear apart magneel, goth/reun, megazone, and any deck that heavily relies on sage's/juniper/electrode. However, if the opponent knows what to do, it's harder. Even though people might tech this in, if you devour it, there goes their counter. Durant is not a stupid deck. Just because you win by milling them doesn't make it stupid. So what if it runs only one pokemon? Thats all it needs other than rotom.

alexmf2 said:
Your playing The Truth. Your opponent is playing Durant. Just from that, who do you think is going to win? I would be putting my money on the Durant. The only matchups that Durant can't win is ReshiPhlosion and ZekEel or ZPST.

Woah, hold on. I play The Truth and Durant is by far my easiest matchup. Play aggressively to get out Vileplume+attacker that can OHKO Durant (Cobalion, SEL, Donphan, Zekrom, etc.) and its an autowin so long as you have 15 or so cards left in your deck-not that hard. I've never even come close to losing to Durant using The Truth. If you have unfavorable The Truth, Reshphlosion, Reshiboar, probably Magneboar, Eelzone, and ZPST matchups, I don't think the deck is good enough or going to see enough play to warrant the use of Heatmor.

Then that is weird, because The Truth is a relatively easy matchup for Durant. It can't use Twins.

Magneboar and Eelzone are also good matchups because Magnezone draws a lot.

Nobody plays Reshiboar.

Cake and VVV are also good matchups.

Glaceon said:
Then that is weird, because The Truth is a relatively easy matchup for Durant. It can't use Twins.

That's true, I forget most people run The Truth much more Twins based than I do. Still, I'm not sure any deck has such a bad matchup against Durant that it would warrant the use of Heatmor.

The Durant you have played must not have had a good list. Chandelure (with Vileplume), all Magnezone decks (except Magneboar), Cake, VvV, Gothitelle, google Engine decks, these are all decks that have an almost autoloss to Durant.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Glaceon said:
Twins is only crucial when yoou need to set up 2 stage 2s.

Magneboar and Eelzone are also good matchups because Magnezone draws a lot.
Draw doesn't really hurt them because everyone plays shuffle supporters

Nobody plays Reshiboar.
Rougechomp would not like you for that

Cake and VVV are also good matchups.
Cake has a 50-50 and VVV can beat you if they are a smart player with a good list

Replies in bold

Cake does not have 50-50. It goes through a 4th of its deck just in order to get charged up. Thats not even including the 1-2 other times they will need to pop the 'trode if they don't get any energy off the first. Nobody DOES play ReshiBoar, it's not that good anymore if people did. Magnezone loses to Durant so badly its not even funny. What happens when Durant mills three of your four N? How are you supposed to get that 2 energy you need every turn without using Magnetic Draw? It's a huge autoloss. Twins may not be crucial when you only want to set up Vileplume, but it certainly slows them down a lot.

Guys, we're talking about Heatmor here, not Durant. However:

Celebi23 said:
I didn't think it would be any good, but great players like Ness and Ignatius are playing it now.

That's...strange. If they like to play it, props to them. I don't think I'll be playing it because of this, but does it change anyone else's opinion?

Oh and Zero got de-modded and Shakespeare got re-modded

iisnumber12 said:
Replies in bold[/b]
Nope, VVV is an autowin with durant. You only need to devour 2-3 times and you win. It doesn't matter if they're paralocking you, with eviolite and spec. metal, they're barely doing any damage per turn.

Yes, and to add onto that, a tanked up Durant (I legit got out a 4 Sp {M}, Eviolite Durant) resists all damage against Mewscoops.

Glaceon said:
Yes, and to add onto that, a tanked up Durant (I legit got out a 4 Sp {M}, Eviolite Durant) resists all damage against Mewscoops.

Dont forget the 20 resistance of Durant.

pokemonjoe said:
Nope, VVV is an autowin with durant. You only need to devour 2-3 times and you win. It doesn't matter if they're paralocking you, with eviolite and spec. metal, they're barely doing any damage per turn.

It's not an autowin, but a very favorable matchup. If they set up Vaniluxe and Vileplume, they pretty much win

Getting back on topic, is there anything else even as close as heatmor at countering durant? (A counter, not a deck)

Back