General Writing Discussion Thread | Current Topic: NaNoWriMo

RE: Writer's Lounge

Okay. Maybe you could work on a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story.
I sometimes can't come with any ideas that hasn't been used for previous stories, so it might be hard.
I can't help but notice the gigantic contradiction here.

@Typhlowolf, what kind of fanfiction are you going for? What genre, what universe, etc. are the kinds of questions that would help what kind of advice we can give.

Think of the beginning, think of the ending, the middle would get easy. :3

Finally had time this vacation to do the prologue of my story. I have to finish proofreading and revising it before I post it, but there's also one more thing.

I kinda need a title. I was thinking "The Tournament," but I realized that doesn't work because it's not really a tournament, it's just one fight. Also, only a small part of the story is actually going to be spent in that fight. Any ideas?

Think of the main thing in your story and come up with a clever title. :p

Hai everyone! =3

Quite frankly, this is more of spam than anything, but I just wanted to let everyone know that since I'm on Spring Break, I'll have time to review quite a few of y'all works (do not correct, please. Thanks), of not all of them. Best case scenario: I do so and manage to get up the next chapter of Disbelief (which I have scrapped and started over to address Apollo's criticisms). Overall, I'm just going to be more active around these parts for at least a week! ^_^"

Sadly, I don't have time in the near future for any serious critiquing no thanks to work. However, I'm making slow progress on Feral Twilight again and may have chapter six up in full before the end of the weekend (depending on when I finish it and my Internet access).

I am about to post my first story here. I have been gone quite sometime.

The story shall be Pokemon Shadow Apocalpse and feature some humans that have undergone experiments in which they have been given the power to launch Pokemon Attacks. There is an evil scientist that they must combat and ect.

Nightmane said:
I am about to post my first story here. I have been gone quite sometime.

The story shall be Pokemon Shadow Apocalpse and feature some humans that have undergone experiments in which they have been given the power to launch Pokemon Attacks. There is an evil scientist that they must combat and etc.

Sounds interesting! I'll keep an eye out for it and critique it first chance I get.

This is not intended to attack/bash anyone, but I've realized that alot of writers use alarm clocks to start off most stories. Just out of curiousity, why? I've never remembered using such an item once, yet I see so many others incorporating it.

I wake up to the sound of an alarm clock every workday. I've used the same one since I was in school too. This was a given for Jay's bedroom in Feral Twilight since I modeled his character a bit off my own lifestyle, though his alarm clock is fancier than the one I've always used.

Yoshi used it too, so I followed. Also, before I posted my story, I figured that the story would just start with one character waking up. :p

It could vary. For example, I noticed that my story, Journey, does not use an alarm clock to start off. That is because the main character is not a human or other creature that depends on technology to wake them up. In other stories whose character is a human, it normally starts out with an alarm clock. But if it's from the narrator's point of view, it could be different.

And as for history of my childhood, I never really used an alarm clock to get up. My parents would just wake me up, or I'd wake up myself. But nowdays I use an alarm clock.

Note to self: When I write my next fanfic, don't have it start with an alarm clock. (Currently, the original years-old draft does, but my other stories do not, so I want to change that, because an alarm clock sounds so horribly cheesy to me.)

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Note to self: When I write my next fanfic, don't have it start with an alarm clock. (Currently, the original years-old draft does, but my other stories do not, so I want to change that, because an alarm clock sounds so horribly cheesy to me.)
Mission = Accomplished. ;3

Hmm, I don't see a problem with that. In TQ, I start off with an alarm clock, but thats after Josh had a terrible nightmare.

Anyways, as for Pokemon Trainer's Quest, I just added my first two chapters. The adventure of Josh and Amber are yet to be completed though and there is a long journey still ahead.

Lucky Fire said:
It could vary. For example, I noticed that my story, Journey, does not use an alarm clock to start off. That is because the main character is not a human or other creature that depends on technology to wake them up. In other stories whose character is a human, it normally starts out with an alarm clock. But if it's from the narrator's point of view, it could be different.
You say that as if all humans rely on technology to wake up. I personally can't stand alarms, I awake when I awake, and that's that.

most people do not have the luxury of being able to get up at whichever time they want.

Zenith said:
most people do not have the luxury of being able to get up at whichever time they want.
I don't have that luxury, exactly. Just seems I don't really have a problem getting up when I need, through methods other than alarm clocks.

I'm not sure if I'm meant to be posting things like this on this thread or whatever, but I've just started a new story that I posted the introduction or first chapter type thing of a couple of hours ago. I'd really appreciate it if a few of you read and and commented - all constructive criticisms (or maybe compliments if I'm lucky) are welcomed. Cheers guys :)

/me sighs and facepaws.

I get hung up with work, and what do I see when I get back? Almost nothing. Very well, I apologize for my own inactivity and will actually finish that formal response to the critique that Apollo so considerately gave upon my request. I was thinking of getting back to writing anyhow since I've found a short break in this hectic academic semester.

Yes, I'm ranting even when you all probably are just as busy/more busy with your own lives. Take this as how you see fit, because I'm not going to hunt you down to force any of you to work on a fanfic. I'm done now.

I've been sort of preoccupied lately too, which is why I may have seemed a little inactive. A lot of stuff has been happening for me in real life and it's mostly centered around work. I intend to be a bit more active this coming week and hope to get some much needed updates made on my projects, especially my next chapter of Feral Twilight (and possibly a small revival for Biohazard, depending on whether or not I get it done soon).

Back