General Writing Discussion Thread | Current Topic: NaNoWriMo

RE: Writer's Lounge

Hmm, ahh. I got one. Thanks Incenernnnim (your name is weird...)

I will get to work on it right away.

I get that a lot. It's the name of one of my fake Pokemon, a pyrokinetic ermine (hence, the combination of the words "incinerate" and "ermine" to get Incinermyn).

Martini said:
I know I've talked to [member] Zyflair [/member] and [mod] Incinermyn [/mod] about this, but would anyone be willing to put some quality time into a collab fic... We'd have everyone make a character and vote on them (Can't vote yourself) and then a story line (Same deal with character) and build off one another chapters. I think it would help grow the WC a little bit, and help the members get to know each other through mutual interest.

Actually, I am part of a Transformers RPG like this.

Kamara12 said:
Hey does anybody have a topic for my next poem? I just need a topic.

You just create your own topic. But I would think that you would dump all of your poems there instead of making separate topics.

Kecleon-X said:
You just create your own topic. But I would think that you would dump all of your poems there instead of making separate topics.

What do you mean? I am not supposed to have my own collection of poems?

Kamara12 said:
What do you mean? I am not supposed to have my own collection of poems?

I think he thought that you were going to make a new thread. He's referencing the compilation rule I made a while ago for people who want to post a lot of short poems in a short timespan. Basically, I just don't make a bunch of separate threads for individual poems unless they're long.

*Kecleon facepalms at his utter newbishness*

A topic as in a theme! Wow, that was embarrassing.

Kecleon-X said:
*Kecleon facepalms at his utter newbishness*

A topic as in a theme! Wow, that was embarrassing.
Try this for first-person action statements:
Code:
/me facepaws
/me facepaws

/me asks Zyflair why she told the secret NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!

Well, my writing styles kinda mix around, and jumble up with everyones, I can write dark, and happy, and so forth..

Another think Apollo (Never gonna stop calling you that) I think if we seriously did this it would be fun.

And Zy... I might just cheat and embarrass you ;)

Martini said:
* Martini asks Zyflair why she told the secret NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!

And Zy... I might just cheat and embarrass you ;)
Do what you want. Just have some dignity and wear the avvy I've got planned for you if you don't want to lose my respect.

Martini said:
* Martini asks Zyflair why she told the secret NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!

Well, my writing styles kinda mix around, and jumble up with everyones, I can write dark, and happy, and so forth..

Another think Apollo (Never gonna stop calling you that) I think if we seriously did this it would be fun.

Some secret. I spied on your profiles last night and saw you talking about it. Secondly, you can call me Incy too and I'll be fine with it. But call me AtI and you're banned!

Incinermyn said:
But call me AtI and you're banned!

I once called him ATI. Note to self: never, ever call him that again.

Focusing on Martini's idea, I personally support it, but I don't know; I think there's just some sort of flaw in there. If someone could name it, I'd be grateful.

Hey folks. I am planning another fanfic. You know the Aura Guardians in Pokemon: Lucario and the mystery of Mew....I was thinking of starting a fanfic about them.

I'd advise on concentrating on one project at a time, given you already have a story posted. However, I've got two fics I'm working on sort of simultaneously too, so I guess I can't say much.

Kamara12 said:
Hey folks. I am planning another fanfic. You know the Aura Guardians in Pokemon: Lucario and the mystery of Mew....I was thinking of starting a fanfic about them.

Like Incy said, I think that one project is enough. My father always says: "If you have too many irons in the fire, one's gonna get cold.". This is a metaphor of saying that if you have too many projects going at once, one is going to be left behind and eventually scrapped.

But, I do have another Fan-Fiction on a Transformers Forum (A zombie fiction! :O ), and I am trying my best at a novel, so I can't really say much.

I love writing stories, but since I'm on my iPod the only stories I have (which are fanfics) are messed-up Sonic things about Julie-Su and a mental Sally Acorn. So yeah...I haven't really written a Pokemon fanfic yet but I might eventually. Closest thing I have right now is a walkthrough for a messed-up Pokemon game that I made up (which isn't finished anyway).

It's generally a bad idea to be working on multiple fanfics at once. If you do, one of them tends to get ignored completely, and/or they will all suffer in quality. Just focus on one and just that one; it'll look better.

but since I'm on my iPod the only stories I have (which are fanfics) are messed-up Sonic things about Julie-Su and a mental Sally Acorn.
That sounds so hilariously bad, but mostly hilarious. =P

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
It's generally a bad idea to be working on multiple fanfics at once. If you do, one of them tends to get ignored completely, and/or they will all suffer in quality. Just focus on one and just that one; it'll look better.

That sounds so hilariously bad, but mostly hilarious. =P

Lol I know right? They're both really messed-up stories...and I wrote them on the notepad thing...

Just write on your I Pod anyways. My fics Protection, and The Shadows were both written on my I Pod, and some people liked them.

Back