BW/BW2 Game changing moves/abillities

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk
I was looking at all the new moves and abilities and i was really impressed. Question is, how game changing will they be?
Boiling water: great base power of 80, special, nearly all water pokemon get it, and Burn! Thats right, everyone who needed a strong special water move instead of surf can also burn.
Also an ability: Mishevious Heart
Actually only sabeleye and erfuun (the cute turned ba cotton sheep) get it. Whats it do?
All non damaging moves go first (as in before bullet punch!) Plus it has tons of moves for this like Taunt, Leechseed, Sub, and Cotton Cloud (which +3 defense). Plus its fast.
So basically, wanted to make a thread on NEW moves and abilities that seem useful.
But not dreamworld ones ok?

Well on the bright side the Dream World Abilities are infact breedable but whether or not you can breed those Pokemon with those Abilities outside of the Dream World at the Pokemon Day Care in the Isshu Region is unknown unless otherwise.

So basically there's 2 Pokemon Day Cares, one in the Dream World and the other in the Isshu Region somewhere I forgot though.

Trickery:
It uses the opponent’s strength. The higher the fighting opponent’s attack is, the greater the damage.
That's something some sweepers should be scared of.

Trickery is pretty amazing. Erfuun is still my favorite at the moment as the best annoyer/staller. Not even junpluff can stop it.
Bet sand power and scatter will dominate, especially sand scatter doryuuzu with garchomp. Unbeleviably high attack and now speed. Perfect for sweeping with stone edge/earthquake and Xscissor.
Also, once people seee the dangerous pokemon like shandera or erfuun, theyll try to flee. So, Zoroark can just play as one of them and then bombard pursuit.

Encourage- Strengthens the power of moves, but gets rid of the secondary effect. Now, think about moves with bad side effects.

Here are some moveslearned by some Pokemon with Encourage-
Outrage and Thrash- You aren't forced to use the move repatedly, and aren't confused afterward.
Brave Bird and Double-Edge- No recoil damage.
Superpower- No stat decrease.

And best of all....
Explosion- You don't faint after using it.

I think it doesnt count self imposed damage/ stat loss....
I remember hearing how popular smeargle was. Now it has technician which should be even more interesting. Sketch gives it access to all priority moves like aqua jet and quickattack, plus fake out. Plus boosts from moves like devestate. (yes its a dw ability, guess we should be able to talk about them as well)

I have another one:
Dragon Tail:
It sends the opponent flying and causes the opponent to switch out. In a wild battle, the battle ends.
BP: 60
This has a high chance of commonly being found on stall teams, a damage dealing equivalent of roar.

The only issue is that it might miss, but the damage is really useful.
Another mive that caught my attention is nitro charge. 50 base is ok, but powers speed. Thats especially useful for enbouu. Plus, many pokemon can use it like shimama and electivire (who also could use the boost). And if someone wanted to, they could nitro charge flash fire pokemon like shandera. It gets the speed boost and increases a friends power.

plus, with jaroda's dream world ability, perseverance, it reverses its stat changes. ex, leaf storm ADDS to its special attack. jaroda is officially ou. :)

Breloom gets technician via dream world. Oh lord, it won't be fun. Breloom's got the same base attack as Scizor does, so Mach Punch will essentially do the same as Bullet Punch, except w/o being resisted by Water types. And breloom has access to Swords Dance just like Scizor does. This should be fun. >.>

@UBE
It is confirmed that negative effects still happen, so none of those examples work. It gets rid of the burn chance on Flamthrower, the flinch on Iron Head, the Defense drop from Crunch, etc.

So happy for breloom to. Mach punch with bulletseed/sword dance/spore or leech seed.
Already planning to use jalorda on a team to beat all sand teams (im after you beloved doryuuzu).
Leafstorm/leechseed/sub/ toxic or hp(fire or ice?)
Dragonite is gonna be fun with multiscale. With roost it will constantly take only half damage. Plus its new toy aquajet could be useful if not, extremespeed. Itd just hit fast, heal, take little damge and do it again.

@frostwind- Use hp fire, Jaroda works much better as a sweeper after a few Leaf Storms. Toxic is pretty pointless on it, because it's not a staller if it has Leaf Storm.

Good idea. Think i might start a sunnyday team.
Arcanine gets closecombat so its a canidate, along with erfuun (why is in my first post)

Simple Beam: It sends a puzzling idea to the opponent. The ability of opponents who receive this attack becomes Simple.
That is a way to get around Shadow Tag and Arena Trap.

Gear Change: It spins the gears and not only raises its attack, but also sharply raises its speed.
That, is good.

Harvest: The same berry can be reused infinitely within one battle.
Unfortunately, the only pokemon that can have this ability are Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Tropius, through the dream world. I imagine their usage will be increased. I mean, imagine a never-ending lum berry.

Breloom gets technician via dream world. Oh lord, it won't be fun. Breloom's got the same base attack as Scizor does, so Mach Punch will essentially do the same as Bullet Punch, except w/o being resisted by Water types. And breloom has access to Swords Dance just like Scizor does. This should be fun. >.>
Except that Breloom doesn't exactly have all the resistances that Scizor has.

Gear Change/Charge IS a good attack, but it's on the wrong Pokémon. The only guys who can learn that are people in the Gear evolution line; the strongest physical Steel move they learn is Gear Saucer. Which is basically a Steel-type Doubleslap.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...
I was just reading the thread... and you said no Dream World abilities?
Why not?
ANYWAY!
Another EXTREMELY broken Pokemon of 5th Generation is Cloyster.
Let's take a look.
Icicle Spear is now 25 damage, EACH.
It has 30 PP.
His ability, skill link, makes it sure to hit 5 times.
This means this is an automatic 125, plus STAB, plus its above average attack stat, plus life orb if you wanted, PLUS the addition of the new move, Shell Break, that lowers your defenses by one each, but DOUBLES your attack, special attack, and speed.
A good set would be this:
Adamant nature @ Life Orb
Icicle Spear
Shell Break
Explosion
Rock Blast
EASY SWEEP!
P.S. Cotton Cloud only raises defense by 2 points. :)

Well there was already a thread on that but since its old, who cares?
Lets talk dream world abilities to!
Also cloyster does seem really powerful now. The only thing we need now is a new snow causing pokemo (articuno was so close) and a hail team could have been set.
For erufuun, cotton guard could be useful. Taunt/sub/leechseed is mandatory. With cotton guard, itd be even better at stalling but toxic or u turn should be used instead IMO. Chlorophyll is almost useless.
Solarpower charizard wont be as powerful with out a priority fire move.
Telpathy dialga could be fun with groudon.

Also, i just forgot about infernape. Iron fist is perfect for it.
Fire punch/thunder punch/ mach punch/ filler like fakeout and itd be set.

** Fire Punch, Mach punch, ThunderPunch, and Close Combat.
CC is counted as a punching move. :D
The complete roster of moves boosted by Iron Fist are:
Bullet Punch Steel Physical
Comet Punch Normal Physical
Dizzy Punch Normal Physical
Drain Punch Fighting Physical
DynamicPunch Fighting Physical
Fire Punch Fire Physical
Focus Punch Fighting Physical
Hammer Arm Fighting Physical
Ice Punch Ice Physical
Mach Punch Fighting Physical
Mega Punch Normal Physical
Meteor Mash Steel Physical
Shadow Punch Ghost Physical
Sky Uppercut Fighting Physical
ThunderPunch Electric Physical
You're welcome. :p

Thanks yoda. Always forget close combat. Think it got to much of a boost, so blaziken still cant keep up. It could probably just skip stat boosting and hit with....
Infernape 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Fire punch
Thunderpunch
Mach Punch
Close combat
3 stabs, one type coverer, a lot of pain
Also, electivire got a bit of a boost. I prefer motor drive, but im liking nitro charge (power and speed boost) and wildbolt. With icepunch it gets a lot of types. If only it got ironfist to.

Back