XY Future Regions in Gen VI

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
Hi guys,

I recently watched this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0 , and it brought up an interesting point. For those who don't want to watch the whole thing, here is a summary. In the games, there are people hinting at a new regions and regions. Many people talk about past wars with neighboring regions. In the official guide book, under berries, it has a note which staes that there are 14 berries left to find and trade to X and Y from other regions. The theroy is that maybe, before Gen VI ends, there will be a few new regions and games. Many people were complaining that there weren't very many pokemon. Just out of curiosity, did the official statement by Junichi Masuda state that there would be well over 100 pokemon in this region, X and Y or this generation? What this could be hinting at this that there will be, in future games coming in this generation, a new region and new pokemon.

Now, what could this region be? (by the way, this part is all me) Well, let's look at France. France has had, in history, wars with Spain, Germany and England. Could it be one of those regions? Wait, isn't there somewhere in the games with train tracks leading somewhere? I believe they are on the very far eastern side of Kalos, going west. They might be going somewhere in the games (I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.), but what if they aren't. What country is west of France. Well, nothing, but as the trackes go into the ground, it might not be too hard to assume they turn slightly north and go to England. This would make for an awesome new region and one I would love to see.

As for the legendary, it could always be Zygarde. THe regions are close and as so, it would not be too hard to assume that they would share some legends. They might add on new ones and add a new trio or something too. Or they could be different and have Z round out Kalos and start with ΑΒΓ (Greek, beginning of the alphabet), next time. Who knows? All I know is that I would love to have a new region in this generation.

So, yeah, this has been DrEspeon and I am excited to see what you guys think!

[Edit: I do know that I am crazy speculating the next few games with X and Y having just come out, but it is so fun :D ]

Rob234111

ArticunoX
I too believe that there will be another new region for Z version. Also, we could be getting the long awaited R/S/E remakes.

In city farthest to the East (can't remember the name right now because I don't have my 3Ds with me, there are train tracks. Sure, they look like the head West, but if you look carefully, they also head East into a tunnel. There's nothing to the East though, so my guess is that there will be an event to unlock another region or something, or that it'll all be reveal in the "Z" version.

Perhaps on the other side of those mountains, there is a whole bunch of new Pokemon that we haven't seen yet because, well, Data Mining isn't available to us this generation. I think this makes the games so much more fun... We DON'T know everything there is to know about the game. We can discover it when Nintendo wants us to know.

I do recall an interview where they said these games would have more than 100 new Pokemon for us to learn about... We only have 69.

Definitely can't wait to see what turns up over the next few months.

DrEspeon

Rob234111 said:
I too believe that there will be another new region for Z version. Also, we could be getting the long awaited R/S/E remakes.

In city farthest to the East (can't remember the name right now because I don't have my 3Ds with me, there are train tracks. Sure, they look like the head West, but if you look carefully, they also head East into a tunnel. There's nothing to the East though, so my guess is that there will be an event to unlock another region or something, or that it'll all be reveal in the "Z" version.

Perhaps on the other side of those mountains, there is a whole bunch of new Pokemon that we haven't seen yet because, well, Data Mining isn't available to us this generation. I think this makes the games so much more fun... We DON'T know everything there is to know about the game. We can discover it when Nintendo wants us to know.

I do recall an interview where they said these games would have more than 100 new Pokemon for us to learn about... We only have 69.

Definitely can't wait to see what turns up over the next few months.

Oh, if they also go east, maybe there will be two more regions, England and Germany. Maybe a whole EU! Okay a recap for Gen VI, XY - Kalos, Α - Germany, Z - England, Hot Ruby+Cold Sapphire - Hoenn. Well, a nekomata can dream...

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
While I myself am a major proponent of the "more regions" theory, the only statement I remember regarding a number of new Pokémon is that there would be "over 700." Playing Devil's advocate further, from a gameplay perspective, they could have included Mega Evolutions in the "more than 100" number. There's close to that already, plus a few hidden ones I'm sure.

I think the most interesting hint is the official guide mentioning berries not obtainable in Kalos, but in regions. Since items can't be transferred over Bank, there's very likely another region that will be introduced in Gen VI.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
This is very interesting if it's true. European countries have had many wars with each in the past, which eventually led to the creation of the European Union i order to prevent this. They started to cooperate with each other and create financial beneficial relationships to create dependence. Depending on each other financially worked, since the major wars in Europe ended after these agreements.

Being from Europe I would really love it if the games expanded and would include more European countries.

TrainerSivan

Aspiring Trainer
I would LOVE a region based on England that is a rival to Kalos, since France and England are well known rivaling countries. England would be a beautiful place to have a region as well, with a balance between gorgeous countryside (Yorkshire, for example) and bustling , hip, cities (Leeds, Manchester, and of course...London). In real life, traveling from England to France can be done through an under-ocean train ride from King's Cross station in London, which ultimately arrives in Pairs... aka Lumiose city in the Kalos region. I would LOVE this so much, cannot emphasize it enough. Also, a giant clock tower resembling Big Ben would be amazing. And castles. I love castles. And pubs instead of cafes. And...everything.

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
I found a bit of evidence to back this up,The Professor's statement: I think im the first to discover this one but it may not be as big as the others, I went to check my national pokedex at the lab and he said: You caught a total of 23 kinds of pokemon! Fantastic! And you caught 23 of those pokemon species In the Kalos region'' Either its a big clue or my head messing with me, he specifically says ''In the Kalos Region'' That to me means more regions will be accessible within this generation and you will be able to transfer pokemon from the next game into X/Y whilst being from another region

grassdragon

Mega Lopunny Fanatic :P
There's also the guy who says his area isnt: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos and that we'll see the region soon.

DrEspeon

Spartansn1p3r said:
I found a bit of evidence to back this up,The Professor's statement: I think im the first to discover this one but it may not be as big as the others, I went to check my national pokedex at the lab and he said: You caught a total of 23 kinds of pokemon! Fantastic! And you caught 23 of those pokemon species In the Kalos region'' Either its a big clue or my head messing with me, he specifically says ''In the Kalos Region'' That to me means more regions will be accessible within this generation and you will be able to transfer pokemon from the next game into X/Y whilst being from another region

Although it is extremely suttle, you could be on to something!

mrphan

Aspiring Trainer
Spartansn1p3r said:

Hmmm this could just be in place to take into account the fact that pokemon you may use in X and Y obtained through your pokemon bank will register as caught pokemon in your dex, but are not pokemon you caught i the Kalos region. and he is simply remarking on the number of pokemon you caught in game compared to your dex total.

Rob234111

ArticunoX
I'm going to have to agree with Mrphan for the professor thing, but everything else I can see as being a viable point.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I really like this theory, but I'm not sure how much of it is just hopeful wishing on my part. :p Seeing other European regions would be awesome and would be a great basis for expanding Kalos. Here's hoping we'll see some new places to explore in Z. :D

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
I watched that video the other day, but I never really understood what proved that the sequel/remake/third version of X/Y would be in another region. Why can't the region be in the seventh generation? As long as it's still on the 3DS and GF provides DLC for X and Y, wouldn't they be compatible?

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
What if the train track lead to Hoenn? Nintendo has made remakes of every older Pokemon game, and it doesn't seem like they are announcing a R/S remake anytime soon, and wouldn't it be convenient if they just released the region with the same old plot we love as a DLC?

Probably won't happen, but I would be so glad if that was the case.

Whitefire

Don't Hold It Against Us
Either Hoenn or another region, i'd be happy. Love kalos, especially the more freeform map than Unova [seriously that was just so stupid e__e here go around in one big circle/oval and call it a region, ugh], though the lack of new pokemon was quite odd.

England would be awesome as a base~ maybe include ireland XD and the underwater thing would be neat, and even if that were to be in the game as like a train thing, bringing back RSE Dive function [5th gens purpose was really stupid, just spiral down to a castlething] would be awesome.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Jungletoad said:
What if the train track lead to Hoenn? Nintendo has made remakes of every older Pokemon game, and it doesn't seem like they are announcing a R/S remake anytime soon, and wouldn't it be convenient if they just released the region with the same old plot we love as a DLC?

Masuda has stated that they won't do any DLC that shouldn't be readily available to players.
This pretty much throws any speculation that they'll add a region on to X/Y as DLC.
And you have to remember, remakes aren't announced like a couple months after the main games are released....
Taking the 4th gen as an example:
D/P released in Japan September 2006
Platinum released in Japan September 2008
HG/SS released in Japan September 2009

I think if they are announced we'll be very lucky to get them by Christmas, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were announced Feb-March 2014.
I also imagine since last generation was kinda rushed they'll probably draw this one out a bit longer as well.

Jakeremix said:
I watched that video the other day, but I never really understood what proved that the sequel/remake/third version of X/Y would be in another region. Why can't the region be in the seventh generation? As long as it's still on the 3DS and GF provides DLC for X and Y, wouldn't they be compatible?

The reason most people think that the new region is gonna be on the sequel/third version is because there is a major clue in the games: one person says something about their home region and how it isn't any of the regions we've seen. The person also says that we'll see that region soon.
It doesn't confirm anything, but it gives a huge hint that the next games are going to be in a region that isn't Kalos.
Also, see above about DLC

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
P.DelSlayer said:
Jungletoad said:

Masuda has stated that they won't do any DLC that shouldn't be readily available to players.
This pretty much throws any speculation that they'll add a region on to X/Y as DLC.
And you have to remember, remakes aren't announced like a couple months after the main games are released....

I think if they are announced we'll be very lucky to get them by Christmas, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were announced Feb-March 2014.
I also imagine since last generation was kinda rushed they'll probably draw this one out a bit longer as well.

Jakeremix said:

The reason most people think that the new region is gonna be on the sequel/third version is because there is a major clue in the games: one person says something about their home region and how it isn't any of the regions we've seen. The person also says that we'll see that region soon.
It doesn't confirm anything, but it gives a huge hint that the next games are going to be in a region that isn't Kalos.

I'm fully aware that a new region is basically confirmed, but I watched that entire video, and never once do I recall him elaborating on why Z is the game that this region is in. There will no doubt be games after X/Y/Z, and new regions to come with them. No one can say at this point that the seventh generation games are incapable of transferring berries to the sixth generation ones.

These berries could also be obtainable through the Hoenn remakes. The guidebook said other regions, not new regions. Yes, I know what the guy said. That doesn't mean he was talking about the very next game, or even the game after that. His purpose could have been simply to confirm a seventh generation.

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I'm fully aware that a new region is basically confirmed, but I watched that entire video, and never once do I recall him elaborating on why Z is the game that this region is in. There will no doubt be games after X/Y/Z, and new regions to come with them. No one can say at this point that the seventh generation games are incapable of transferring berries to the sixth generation ones.

These berries could also be obtainable through the Hoenn remakes. The guidebook said other regions, not new regions. Yes, I know what the guy said. That doesn't mean he was talking about the very next game, or even the game after that. His purpose could have been simply to confirm a seventh generation.

The problem with that is, as we know from the information provided to us, YOU CAN'T TRANSFER ITEMS through pokebank. That theory just dosen't work unless a remake of R/S/E is made. And even then ... HM DIVE is missing in x/y and it's a big part of R/S/E. Then that means to settle this issue, they will most likely make a backward transfer like in any previous games and that also means no transfer of items.

This all hints to a NEW REGION which is trade compatible (and not just pokebank transfer) with x/y (if you must call it Z with new regions in it). Maybe they will make it like G/S with 2 regions in them XD.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I think most people think the new region is gonna be in X2/Y2/Z/whatever is because the person who mentions this new region says we'll see it soon. If it was in the 7th gen, they'd probably say that we won't see it for a while - assuming this gen is gonna be drawn out which is most likely gonna happen.

OR
There aren't R/S/E remakes and instead we have all-new games in the middle of a generation - with new region, new team, and possibly new Pokemon.
Would be a very interesting way to go and they haven't really done this with a main series game.