Future Metagame Speculation Thread

RE: Future Metagame Speculation

you are supposed to use both. 3 Deoxys+HTL+VCG+Plasma Gale=180.

4 HTL, 2 Virbank, and 4 Deoxys is pretty standard. The entire point of the deck is to overwhelm them with HTL and Deoxys damage.

@Sheninja Just keep in mind that doesn't activate Overflow because Poison will KO the Pokemon (although the 180 is still good). Lugia also isn't such a great main attacker, that's the point of Plasma Kyurem. Lugia is more of a tech than anything else.

But anyways it will get the donk, which is what it's going for right?

SheNinja said:
you are supposed to use both. 3 Deoxys+HTL+VCG+Plasma Gale=180.

What I meant was that its not that difficult for Thundurus to be hitting for 70 turn 1 because you don't need to get the 4 Deoxys.

There is no such thing as going for a donk. If you hit it, great. If you don't, oh well. You should never build a deck these days around donking because there isn't a broken donk engine like Sableye SF now and if they start more then one basic and you're entire strategy is to donk, you lose. PlasmaBox is not a donk deck by any means, it simply can donk easier than other decks.

Hitting the entire combo of 3-4 Deoxys, T1 Lugia, HTL, and Virbank is nigh impossible anyway.

It is possible, however, to get that combo around T2-4 though. That could be deadly to your opponent if you can consistently stream Lasers.

Puff-Sun said:
Slowbro said:

Here's where we have to remember that there's a difference between working and being competititive. Reshiboar and Gartaria work, but they're not competititive. Empoleon/Magnezone is the same way.
That's the thing. They don't even work.

Probably the best part about this deck is that it is not uncommon to be totally set up by turn 1, and with the edition of Thundurus EX and it's rather stellar attack raiden knuckle, recovery is this guy's specialty. Truly showing consistency is key.

People keep saying something about a "Set-up" in a Thundurus/Deoxys. There is no set up in a deck with all basics.....

New Deck:
Pokémon:
3 Deoxys EX
2 Thundurus EX
1 Lugia EX
2 Kyerum
1 Terrakion
1 Sigilyph

Trainers:
2 Plasma Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Colress Machine
4 Pokémon Catcher
3 Float Stone
2 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Scramble Switch
2 Energy Switch
1 Max Potion

Supporters:
4 Juniper
3 N
3 Colress
2 Skyla
Energy:

2 DCE
4 Plasma Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Blend Energy
Hey, this is a deck list that I came up with... what do you guys think about it :) (it has not been tested yet)

Why 3 Colress? You want cards early-game so that won't be good. SAB and Float Stone? I, personally, would choose one or the other, or just play VCG for the stadium.

SheNinja said:
Why 3 Colress? You want cards early-game so that won't be good. SAB and Float Stone? I, personally, would choose one or the other, or just play VCG for the stadium.

I might switch the 3rd colress for another N...
I chose both because then when I get put asleep with laser I can switch out and then retreat... but that doesnt happen a lot ... so I put more stones

ohh sorry I thought you said switch instead of skyarrow :p sorry
I dont play laser... so I want to be able to win the stadium war agaisnt virbank

It also gives Thundy a free retreat :)

Jakeupp said:
People keep saying something about a "Set-up" in a Thundurus/Deoxys. There is no set up in a deck with all basics....
I think what is meant by setup is getting multiple deoxys out, getting multiple energy in play, etc. It's not really evolving any pokemon, more having the perfect board position, you know?

Also, to be honest, it's harder to set a perfect Plasmabox board than the easiest deck to play this format (Blastoise/Keldeo/BKEX)

WHY do you have Energy Switch in a deck without Basic Energy?

Slowbro said:
Jakeupp said:
People keep saying something about a "Set-up" in a Thundurus/Deoxys. There is no set up in a deck with all basics....
I think what is meant by setup is getting multiple deoxys out, getting multiple energy in play, etc. It's not really evolving any pokemon, more having the perfect board position, you know?

I get what he means, it just feels weird to call slapping down basics setting up :p

Jakeupp said:
Slowbro said:

I get what he means, it just feels weird to call slapping down basics setting up :p

Well hey, that's more setup than you'll ever get from Blastpony anyway. Nothing weird about it.

What current meta decks do you guys feel gets the biggest boost from plasma freeze?

Blastoise hands down. Sure, Frozen City comes out, but as long as Blastoise runs 3 beach it should be fine, and the sheer ridiculous power of Super Energy Retreival is broken beyond belief in this deck.

Back