XY Further Improvements and (Wasted) Potential in Pokémon X / Y

IgnisMagister said:
The standard trading system needs to improve...I don't know what the other player is thinking. I offer something, and he/she just pauses or turns the game off. I also don't like how they took away the smily face, the exclamation mark, the heart, and the frowny face from Generation 5. This is one important thing they need to improve in the future games. It aggravates me. D:<

I think those emoticons aren't enough, TBH. It basically only allows you to communicate "yes" or "no" with the other player, they should at least let you say things like "I want this Pokemon" or "I want shinies".

Bolt the Cat said:
IgnisMagister said:
The standard trading system needs to improve...I don't know what the other player is thinking. I offer something, and he/she just pauses or turns the game off. I also don't like how they took away the smily face, the exclamation mark, the heart, and the frowny face from Generation 5. This is one important thing they need to improve in the future games. It aggravates me. D:<

I think those emoticons aren't enough, TBH. It basically only allows you to communicate "yes" or "no" with the other player, they should at least let you say things like "I want this Pokemon" or "I want shinies".

Fair enough you should be able to communicate with people who aren't in your friends list so you can better let people know what you're looking for. They have that chat feature when you interact with your friends I love it because it makes battling just a little more fun like when you correctly predict your opponent and you give that joyous exclamation or is that just me lol.

IgnisMagister said:
To get around a lot of the confusion, I've caught some low level pokemon and named them specific names that help in trading random people. Usually the first one I show is called "!Read Names!" then I send out pokemon named "Need Starters" "I like eggs" or if I feel humorous "Humans Yummy!". However it's going, sometimes I use "Not that one" "Go Back" "ShwTypeUNeed" and "Nxt1Pokerus" when I plan on offering something with the pokerus. When I'm all done I will show "Lvlong+prspr" or "Thx4Trading". Most times I can get some quality trading done just by what I decide to communicate to them. On occasion however the other person got frustrated and gave up. However I try and help them as much as I can. Hopefully you can use that same idea to your advantage as well.

Hmm... What I hate, is when random people make me trade, but all they want to do is show me some legendaries they've caught.

Bolt the Cat said:
IgnisMagister said:

Exactly. I forgot to mention that.

Many of these last few posts are exactly why I simply don't bother trading with passersby, or in any situation where I can't talk to the other person. If I want to trade Pokémon, I'll using the Wi-Fi forum, or even GTS as a last-ditch resort.

I wished they could have at least shown the pokemon's stats at least I usually am happy to trade with someone from japan cause not only they're good abilities and pokemon the ivs are between 3-4. They could did DLC cause every time I look at my strange souvenir I go insane!

Reggie McGigas said:
IMO, The cries were OK. They're cool but if we had the old ones back I wouldn't miss these. Some, like druddigon and regirock, are really cool. Some like sigilyph are completely changed. Others, like hyrdeigon, they dropped the ball on and really stink.

And zigzagoon and delcatty. Delcatty used to sound like a meow, now its just... mud. And i can pick out sounds pretty well.

Pre 6th gen, i could memorize every single cry to know what wild/trainer mon i was fighting with my eyes closed. Now im having issues because of the seriously jacked up new-old cries that i dont even want to remember e__e like charizard's. He was better with rhyhorn's similar cry [which i could tell apart anyway, just saying. Also jolteon's VS venonat's]

meanwhile the gible line sounds great

the heck

---

I just named a bunch of snivy stuff in an attempt to communicate with the people. Like this one dude started a trade with me multiple times looking for a keldeo e3e

made a snivy with IDontHaveIt and he left me alone. ovo b

Whitefire said:
Reggie McGigas said:
IMO, The cries were OK. They're cool but if we had the old ones back I wouldn't miss these. Some, like druddigon and regirock, are really cool. Some like sigilyph are completely changed. Others, like hyrdeigon, they dropped the ball on and really stink.

And zigzagoon and delcatty. Delcatty used to sound like a meow, now its just... mud. And i can pick out sounds pretty well.

Pre 6th gen, i could memorize every single cry to know what wild/trainer mon i was fighting with my eyes closed. Now im having issues because of the seriously jacked up new-old cries that i dont even want to remember e__e like charizard's. He was better with rhyhorn's similar cry [which i could tell apart anyway, just saying. Also jolteon's VS venonat's]

meanwhile the gible line sounds great

the heck

---

I just named a bunch of snivy stuff in an attempt to communicate with the people. Like this one dude started a trade with me multiple times looking for a keldeo e3e

made a snivy with IDontHaveIt and he left me alone. ovo b

I am mad that they changed Croagunk and Toxicroak's cries. They used to be the best.

Personally, I think Trainer Customization could be improved, such as removing hats and shoes, and better choice of footwear and trousers for the men.

Things I think should have been improved or included:

The patches of grass available. Although the shiny reduces the odds to an incredible 1/1366 it's still very far-fetched, I got lucky the first serveral times but here comes the drought. So far it took me 900 encounters or otherwise 5 hours to find a shiny Barbaracle in the Friend Safari. And so far I have spent 6-7 hours which is nearly about the 1300 odds (but just like 1/8192 you can't expect the shiny even when you pass that number. I could be as so unlucky as to take 8,192 REs with the charm) hunting for a shiny Ledyba or Combee in Route 4 but no such luck. If they hadn't been so adamant about maybe we would have such crappy patches of grass everywhere. Or at least in the areas where they have decent Pokemon to chain.

Mega Evolutions and new evolutions:

Perhaps they're saving some extras for DLC or Pokemon Z or they just wanted to see how these would really affect online battling before they made more but seriously only 18? Kinda disappointing. It really bothered me that Salamence, Hydreigon, Typhlosion and Feraligatr didn't get any mega evolutions. There's also Pokemon that NEED evolutions like Luvdisc and Farfetch'd. I mean... Sylveon is the only new evolution, and with this gen being the smallest roster of new Pokes, they really should have gotten creative and gave us some new pre-evos and new evos.

I mean... the fake list that came out had some interesting ideas... a baby Kangaskhan, baby Heracross, and baby Pinsir for one. I mean what, when they breed, they just naturally come out full grown? C'mon... Get on it Gamefreak, you got plenty of staff to not come up with good ideas and reject bad ideas... you were all gung-ho when you did Gen 4 and you although you came up with some terrible new evolutions, with some good ones like Gallade, we all eventually just accepted them. Well most of them anyway. Also, did you know that if you evolve an Eevee from Unova or Johto into Sylveon, it won't register in your Pokedex?

Catching more than one Pokemon:

This drives me crazy. In the unlikely event you run into two shinies in a horde, you can't catch them both. This will probably never change because they're so damn attached to the idea that when you catch a Pokemon the battle MUST end and blahdy blah... in real life you could definitely try to catch more than one, because... all it is, is just if you fail, the pokemon escapes and and whacks you with his buddies. Or if you succeed, the others want revenge. I can't see this as "impossible for Gamefreak to integrate".

Shiny Locks:

Obvious reasons. I was okay with Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygrade being shiny locked, till I saw they do have shiny sprites. I am also very disappointed shiny Celebi can't be brought and that it doesn't exist. Should have been some sort of legitimate way to obtain these. I don't know why they insist of them not being shiny and then have an awesome shiny color. At least make them look awful to discourage users from hacking them.

I have more but I can't remember at the moment.

MrSquarepants said:
Catching more than one Pokemon:

This drives me crazy. In the unlikely event you run into two shinies in a horde, you can't catch them both. This will probably never change because they're so damn attached to the idea that when you catch a Pokemon the battle MUST end and blahdy blah... in real life you could definitely try to catch more than one, because... all it is, is just if you fail, the pokemon escapes and and whacks you with his buddies. Or if you succeed, the others want revenge. I can't see this as "impossible for Gamefreak to integrate".

Heck, even in Pokémon XD, you could capture both opponents Shadow Pokémon if they had at least two on their team. The only problem was, you could only capture one Pokémon per turn, but that's explained, as you can only have one Snag Ball loaded into the snag machine.

I really really miss the decent after game... I mean, just Kiloude city? And that stupid Battle maison? Just... No.

I liked back in the B/W days how you had the entire eastern Unova to explore, meet... This one is way to easy. Game are really short, really easy... And after-game being Kilude city, catching Zygarde, Mewtwo and legendary birds? It would've been much much better if story around Zygarde was larger... Like, legends or such?

So I expect Pokemon Z to fix the X/Y shortcomings. If it doesn't appear... X/Y will remain one huge dissapointment for me.

Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:
I really really miss the decent after game... I mean, just Kiloude city? And that stupid Battle maison? Just... No.

I liked back in the B/W days how you had the entire eastern Unova to explore, meet... This one is way to easy. Game are really short, really easy... And after-game being Kilude city, catching Zygarde, Mewtwo and legendary birds? It would've been much much better if story around Zygarde was larger... Like, legends or such?

So I expect Pokemon Z to fix the X/Y shortcomings. If it doesn't appear... X/Y will remain one huge dissapointment for me.

Don't forget about that Looker series. I also kind of want a rental or mix mode in the battle maison. Those were interesting in B2 & W2.

Back