'Furious Fist' Booster Packs Revealed; M Heracross-EX in the Set! [5/13]

Yay, I can say first for the first time ever!

That being said, I'm a little dissapointed that there are only two Megas in this set. As I said earlier it would take 8 sets to release all Megas if they did it in threes. It makes me wonder how many sets of XY they are going to make, or if some of these megas will be promos. Or perhaps they're saving some of the Megas (Blaziken, the Latis, for example) for the sets that will undoubtfully follow the release of Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

This one seems rather trainer heavy considering that there are only 13 Pokemon that haven't been given some form of card already. Or we'll be seeing the reemergence of a lot of fighting type Pokemon. I wonder who the other two EX's will be. We already know Lucario and Hawlucha. I'm sure Heracross has to be one since it has a Mega form, but the other two...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Aurorus EX and Tyrantrum EX. Tyrantrum is on one of the pack arts, after all.... >.>

Love the Tyrantrum and Lucario pack arts! I really hope Aurorus and Tyrantrum becomes holos, but then they better not include them in the theme deck and make them non-holos in the english set ;__;

I wonder if Heracross will be grass or fighting-type? 3 fighting type EX seems a bit much even if the set revolves around fighting-types.

First Lucario was too buff on the Japanese packs

now we've got a Hawlucha.

ahaha...

but wow am I excited for Tyrantrum in the set.

It's a lost hope but I really hope it doesn't get the 3D treatment.

LoveDanielColin said:
Hawlucha FA.. Must collect

Hawlucha will most likely (99%sure) not have a FA since it will be box promo in Japan and they will not be getting a Fa Hawlucha.
---------------------------
So in the Japanese set we can assume 4 Exs in the set (not including the box promo Hawlucha Ex)
2 Mega Ex
4 Pokemon Full arts
1-3 Supporter Fa
Maybe shinies like BW but doubt it
2 "shiny"/Gold Megas

Yes, but most likely they will take the cards from the Mega Lucario box and put them into our Furious Fist set. So we'd get FA Hawlucha in our set even though it won't be in theres. Unless they decide to do some kind of promotional box like they had with the Garchomp/Charizard/Pyroar boxes.

Pikachu6319 said:
Yes, but most likely they will take the cards from the Mega Lucario box and put them into our Furious Fist set. So we'd get FA Hawlucha in our set even though it won't be in theres. Unless they decide to do some kind of promotional box like they had with the Garchomp/Charizard/Pyroar boxes.

Why can't they just have an ex without a full art? It happened several times in the BW era (moltres, Zapdos etc)

Yes it did. But throughout the BW era, Moltres and Zapdos were really the exceptions, not the rule. I believe the only others in the BW era to be that way were Kyurem EX from Boundaries Crossed, Black Kyurem EX and White Kyurem EX from Plasma Storm, Excadrill EX and Chandelure EX. In fact since these last two were part of Battle Boost I'm half surprised they didn't have FA.

I guess in the long run all we can do is wait to see what happens.

Really some interesting if kind of redundant secret rares from those sets (not to mention Flash Fire with Charizard) would have been the same full art art work with the text of the alternate cards. Can't be anymore pointless than the mega Pokemon just having a gold border instead of the normal one.

Athena said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Aurorus EX and Tyrantrum EX. Tyrantrum is on one of the pack arts, after all.... >.>

It's been revealed that the gym challenge promos will include a Tyrunt, so Tyrantrum will 100% be in the form of a Restored Pokemon. As for Aurorus, it's a possibility, though I think that since this set will be dealing with restored Pokemon, it will get the same treatment as Tyrantrum. Who knows, maybe Omastar (aka Lord Helix) or Bastiodon. Speaking of which, why does everybody hate Bastiodon? I think a Shield-for-a-head is an awesome concept. Just saying.

Athena said:

But so was Pyroar in Flashfire, and it didn't get an EX ._.

Okay, if they put Bastiodon in this set, I want it to be a fighting type instead of a steel type. I want that alternate form. I wouldn't mind holo/reverse holo fighting forms of Omanyte/Omastar. We haven't even seen the latter since Neo Discovery.

Aurorus is a restored Pokemon as well so I think it should be in this set. In fact I think they intend to make all Kalos Pokemon a card form by this set (sans possibly Diancie unless they show the Cocoon of Destruction before August, Hoopla and Volcanion who are still officially unrevealed).

I was hoping we'd see a bit more than 2 mega evolutions. I'm afraid with the introduction of OM/AS we'll see more mega evolutions which will take priority in being printed in the TCG and we'll miss out on some of our original Megas just like the case for the Legendary ex's.

Ooh Heracross EX! I cannot wait to start pulling those, Heracross is one of my most beloved Pokémon of all time!

Oh and I am willing to bet the other EXs are not awesome like Tyrantrum EX or Sylveon EX.

No, it's going to be something stupid.

Like Pachirisu EX, or Probopass EX or Lickilicky EX...

Basically, it will be some random Pokemon, with terrible moves to be the "filler EX" or the set that no one wants because it can't be played or sold. The only people who would collect the filler EX or those who wish to have a complete set. In XY1 we got Emolga and Skarmory. While Skarmory is awesome, the card itself was mediocre. In XY2 we got Magnezone and Toxicroak. Both aren't worth too far from 10 as full arts. I'm sure this set will have something that isn't great...

So far it's confirmed

Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Hawlucha EX

There are to be 5.

It's possible it could be Krookodile to be one of them. But he is a promo card which means it is highly unlikely he will have a full art version. But the English sets could be just including him, which wouldn't be bad at all. The other possible EX has to be something worthless and unfortunately probably has a full art version of it too... Could be another fighting type EX but I doubt it. I think Machamp got the holo treatment last I checked... otherwise he'd be a decent EX for the set.... and we'll probably get some full art supporters, I'm hoping it's Korrina and Grant but they might pull something wacky and make full arts of the Tourists trainers or Youngster.

MrSquarepants said:
Ooh Heracross EX! I cannot wait to start pulling those, Heracross is one of my most beloved Pokémon of all time!

Oh and I am willing to bet the other EXs are not awesome like Tyrantrum EX or Sylveon EX.

No, it's going to be something stupid.

Like Pachirisu EX, or Probopass EX or Lickilicky EX...

Basically, it will be some random Pokemon, with terrible moves to be the "filler EX" or the set that no one wants because it can't be played or sold. The only people who would collect the filler EX or those who wish to have a complete set. In XY1 we got Emolga and Skarmory. While Skarmory is awesome, the card itself was mediocre. In XY2 we got Magnezone and Toxicroak. Both aren't worth too far from 10 as full arts. I'm sure this set will have something that isn't great...

So far it's confirmed

Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Hawlucha EX

There are to be 5.

It's possible it could be Krookodile to be one of them. But he is a promo card which means it is highly unlikely he will have a full art version. But the English sets could be just including him, which wouldn't be bad at all. The other possible EX has to be something worthless and unfortunately probably has a full art version of it too... Could be another fighting type EX but I doubt it. I think Machamp got the holo treatment last I checked... otherwise he'd be a decent EX for the set.... and we'll probably get some full art supporters, I'm hoping it's Korrina and Grant but they might pull something wacky and make full arts of the Tourists trainers or Youngster.

It was confirmed that There will be a Krookodile Ex Box coming out in the summer. So no, he won't be in the set.

The first set featured fairies. Last set focused on Fire-types. This set they're doing Fighting... is this the start of a new trend?

Mega Heracross EX really made my day! Heracross is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I'm glad to see that he's getting an EX. I really can't wait to see the artwork for the cards, especially the full art! I can see it being a Fighting-Type, but I would much rather prefer it as a Grass-Type, possibly utilizing Fighting energy.

I wonder though, what could the other EXs be? Hawlucha, Heracross, and Lucario provide 3 of the 5, assuming that Hawlucha is indeed an EX in this set. Seeing that we've had an EX from gen 2, gen 5, and then 2 from gen 4, it would make sense if we got a Pokémon that doesn't mega evolve from either gen 1 or gen 3. To be honest though, I could really see anything. As for what I'd want to see, I'd like a Steelix EX or a Druddigon EX.

Also, I just want to say that those pack arts are absolutely amazing. To be honest, it's the first time in awhile that I really like all of the pack arts.

Oh my god I just noticed, Lucario EX has three attacks! That hasn't been a thing forever! I'm so excited!

Back