'Furious Fist' Booster Packs Revealed; M Heracross-EX in the Set! [5/13]

BugPokemonMaster: I don't think, this set will have any Druddigon, since one was in FlashFire…

NotSeen said:
BugPokemonMaster: I don't think, this set will have any Druddigon, since one was in FlashFire…

I know, but I can always hope for one. It's just one I'd like to see. I honestly doubt we'll get one anytime soon.

Also, the Lucario EX with 3 attacks intrigues me. It's been awhile since we've had a card with 3 attacks. I just hope that at least 2 of them are decent.

Right, but at that, In Flashfire, Pyroar was one of the pack arts, and it didn't have an EX or Mega. I really hope for Aurorus EX too. I really loved the Machamp with Close COmbat for 120 damage. I hope they make more cards like that.

Athena said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Aurorus EX and Tyrantrum EX. Tyrantrum is on one of the pack arts, after all.... >.>

I think one of Lucario EX's attacks will be Aura Sphere, I'm hoping for 60 damage and 30 or 40 to a Benched. I really love attacks that have effects like "Flip 4 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads." I hope they make a Fighting-type card with Hurricane Punch that does 60x and flip 4 coins, like for a Golurk they made in one of the BW sets.

BugPokemonMaster316 said:
NotSeen said:

I know, but I can always hope for one. It's just one I'd like to see. I honestly doubt we'll get one anytime soon.

Also, the Lucario EX with 3 attacks intrigues me. It's been awhile since we've had a card with 3 attacks. I just hope that at least 2 of them are decent.

I think it is a trend. I really love Dragon types. fairies? Blegh. The only drawback to Dragon-types are that they require different types of Energy to operate, like Latios EX's water/Psychic/Colorless requirement for Luster Purge. Double Rainbow Energy from Gen 2 cards would be very useful there. I hope they bring back something like DOuble Rainbow, which also reduces damage done to the Pokemon it is attached to by 10. I hope they make a Dragon-theme set featuring Salamence and Dragonite, possibly Druddigon as another pack art, and Haxorus. A card I'm certainly waiting for is Arceus EX with Judgment as one of its attacks.

PMJ said:
The first set featured fairies. Last set focused on Fire-types. This set they're doing Fighting... is this the start of a new trend?

I really hope they make more sets similar to the Plasma sets. I loved the card designs on those. Maybe they can make something like Team Galactic cards, with each Team Galactic card have some sort of astrological design on them. I also hope they bring back dual-type Pokemon like from the Gen 2 cards.

Mortal_Zachary said:
MrSquarepants said:
Ooh Heracross EX! I cannot wait to start pulling those, Heracross is one of my most beloved Pokémon of all time!

Oh and I am willing to bet the other EXs are not awesome like Tyrantrum EX or Sylveon EX.

No, it's going to be something stupid.

Like Pachirisu EX, or Probopass EX or Lickilicky EX...

Basically, it will be some random Pokemon, with terrible moves to be the "filler EX" or the set that no one wants because it can't be played or sold. The only people who would collect the filler EX or those who wish to have a complete set. In XY1 we got Emolga and Skarmory. While Skarmory is awesome, the card itself was mediocre. In XY2 we got Magnezone and Toxicroak. Both aren't worth too far from 10 as full arts. I'm sure this set will have something that isn't great...

So far it's confirmed

Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Hawlucha EX

There are to be 5.

It's possible it could be Krookodile to be one of them. But he is a promo card which means it is highly unlikely he will have a full art version. But the English sets could be just including him, which wouldn't be bad at all. The other possible EX has to be something worthless and unfortunately probably has a full art version of it too... Could be another fighting type EX but I doubt it. I think Machamp got the holo treatment last I checked... otherwise he'd be a decent EX for the set.... and we'll probably get some full art supporters, I'm hoping it's Korrina and Grant but they might pull something wacky and make full arts of the Tourists trainers or Youngster.

It was confirmed that There will be a Krookodile Ex Box coming out in the summer. So no, he won't be in the set.

Oh! Did not get that memo... well... guess that means... there will be a duo of bad EX's in this set... just like the XY1 and XY2. Maybe. We might get something cool.

Awesome, cannot wait to see the Heracross Ex full art.

Kind of surprising they are only doing 2 megas a set. I hope they get to all the megas and EXs in the TCG...

Hoping for something suprising yet awesome on the other Exs. Nothing as random as Emolga and Toxicroak though, I hope.

Bastiodon, Machamp, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Scolipede, Poliwrath, Nidoking, Granbull, Houndoom (hopefully the do this for the Mega), and Donphan are all pokemon that I would be totally cool with getting those other two slots. :) Dat Full Art treatment.

Tigre, so Toxicroak is totally random but Scolipede isn't? Emolga is random but Granbull isn't? I personally prefer Toxicroak over Scolipede but to each their own. I do want that Poliwrath though, or Noivern, or Bastiodon. I seriously doubt we'll see Houndoom here, that's going to have to wait until we get M Houndoom EX. I do hope we get all the Megas too though in theory with Houndoom being a second gen pokemon they could save that for the AS/OM stuff.

I want to see Fairy and Dragon versions of Arceus, I'm surprised we didn't get the latter BW like Dragon Vault or Dragon Exalted.

Worlds is now going to be a disaster of decks! People will have 2 days to test the new cards into the format which will leeave us with some interesting games to see

Pikachu6319 said:
Tigre, so Toxicroak is totally random but Scolipede isn't? Emolga is random but Granbull isn't? I personally prefer Toxicroak over Scolipede but to each their own. I do want that Poliwrath though, or Noivern, or Bastiodon. I seriously doubt we'll see Houndoom here, that's going to have to wait until we get M Houndoom EX. I do hope we get all the Megas too though in theory with Houndoom being a second gen pokemon they could save that for the AS/OM stuff.

I want to see Fairy and Dragon versions of Arceus, I'm surprised we didn't get the latter BW like Dragon Vault or Dragon Exalted.

My random thinking (besides that I just really like all those pokemon lol) was that Scolipede would probably be on the shortlist of non-legendary gen V pokemon that would make great EX cards. Granbull... IDK it got the Fairy buff so why not? That one is probably the most unlikely of the bunch.

Arceus is a possibility as he has been absent a while, also of course Zygarde could make a debut. I cannot see them repeating all the Gen III legendaries again for the remakes, seeing how we have all of them in EX/FA from just a few sets ago. I am glad they've gone through all the legendaries, as I would be more interested in the ultra rare cards going to non-legendary fan favorites and the mega pokemon.

Oh I fully expect them to debut Zygarde in this set. Possibly an EX card (which would make it four that we would know though we have no proof of this right now). At the least as a regular holo.

Granbull might be kind of neat from the fairy perspective I suppose. Really despite what we expect they could pull them from anywhere, not just a specific generation.

As I've said before as long as we're focusing on fighting types, I want the musketeers as fighting types. Just in general, not necessarily EX forms.

Pikachu6319 said:
Oh I fully expect them to debut Zygarde in this set. Possibly an EX card (which would make it four that we would know though we have no proof of this right now). At the least as a regular holo.

Granbull might be kind of neat from the fairy perspective I suppose. Really despite what we expect they could pull them from anywhere, not just a specific generation.

As I've said before as long as we're focusing on fighting types, I want the musketeers as fighting types. Just in general, not necessarily EX forms.

I think Zygarde might wait until a Pokemon Z is announced, or until a Dragon-Type set is revealed, which will probably include either M. Garchomp or M. Ampharos. Maybe both.

They might wait for Zygarde EX, but as for a regular, I still doubt that. Besides, a Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2 if Black and White is any indication) probably won't be announced until at least February 2015 at the earliest, after all we're getting Alpha Sapphire and Ruby Omega sometime in November. Waiting that long to release any form of Zygarde, the last of the three legendary Pokemon in Kalos, would be a very bad move, at least imo.

There is also the fact we don't know what they're doing about M. Ampahros. It could be electric, it could be dragon, or they could do one for each. I personally am hoping for option number three, though maybe not.

But it does happen. We went through the entire BW set without Virizion ever appearing on pack art. Yet the other three musketeer Pokemon did, as did Kyurem, its formes, Reshiram and Zekrom (more than once in fact, a total of three times). Same thing with Tornadus Therian forme, despite Landorus for Boundaries Crossed and Thundurus for Plasm Freeze. Zapdos and Moltres did not join Articuno and Lugia on Plasma Storm pack art. So it could happen, especially if they're saving it for later use.

Plus I want a Zygarde, so don't step on my dream. ;)

Pikachu6319 said:
But it does happen. We went through the entire BW set without Virizion ever appearing on pack art. Yet the other three musketeer Pokemon did, as did Kyurem, its formes, Reshiram and Zekrom (more than once in fact, a total of three times). Same thing with Tornadus Therian forme, despite Landorus for Boundaries Crossed and Thundurus for Plasm Freeze. Zapdos and Moltres did not join Articuno and Lugia on Plasma Storm pack art. So it could happen, especially if they're saving it for later use.

Plus I want a Zygarde, so don't step on my dream. ;)

Dude I'm just picturing that full art. Green and Black with the gold borders. Do want.

I think I'm basically a full art groupie lol.

Yeah, those are neat. I didn't plan on getting the FA Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise, but I did.

For starters though I'd be just fine with a regular Zygarde in this set. If it must (and I'd prefer it didn't admittedly) the FA can wait.

NotSeen in Lucario-EX and M Lucario-EX from ‘Rising Fist’ [5/12] said:
Yeah, and btw., my tip: One of Lucario's attacks will be Aura Sphere =) Something like X damage to defending Pokémon and some damage to 1 of opponent's benched.

Pokemon4Life93 said:
I think one of Lucario EX's attacks will be Aura Sphere, I'm hoping for 60 damage and 30 or 40 to a Benched. I really love attacks that have effects like "Flip 4 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads." I hope they make a Fighting-type card with Hurricane Punch that does 60x and flip 4 coins, like for a Golurk they made in one of the BW sets.

Why everyone copy me, am I wondering? :D

And btw. Isn't Hurricane Kick better then Hurricane Punch?

Pokemon4Life93 said:
The only drawback to Dragon-types are that they require different types of Energy to operate, like Latios EX's water/Psychic/Colorless requirement for Luster Purge. Double Rainbow Energy from Gen 2 cards would be very useful there. I hope they bring back something like Double Rainbow, which also reduces damage done to the Pokemon it is attached to by 10.

1) I think, bigger drawback is, that they actually lost any type of Resistance (and they naturally have bunch resistances; against all starter types, including lightning); now, they changed their weakness from Dragon to Fairy, which is even worse. They could get hurt (strongly) only by another Dragon before, so it was more balanced, now it's disaster (yeah, and even Fire Charizard lost its resistance to Fighting…).
2) a) Double Rainbow is actually a Gen III card, not Gen II (it was first released in Ex Team Aqua vs. Team Magma and then in Ex Crystal Guardians).
b) The original Double Rainbow actually reduced damage done by the Pokémon it was attached to, not to Pokémon it was used against.
c) Even if EX is something else then ex, original Double Rainbow couldn't be attached to a Pokémon-ex, so if they make a comeback to this type of energy, I think, they will change the text. The Pokémon-EX are now (un)fairly strong, if they got accelerators like Double Rainbow, “normal” Pokémon will have no chance (they have no chance now, but after this…)

tigre said:
Bastiodon, Machamp, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Scolipede, Poliwrath, Nidoking, Granbull, Houndoom (hopefully the do this for the Mega), and Donphan are all pokemon that I would be totally cool with getting those other two slots. :) Dat Full Art treatment.

Not counting legendaries (and now Hawlucha in next coming set), there's no reason for a Gen VI Pokémon to be EX, so forget about any “normal” gen VI Pokémon to be EX. They first have to release all normal version of gen VI, and then maybe may come some EX versions of 'em; especially the evolution-able 'mons (so something like Aurorus EX is totally impossible now). But I agree with Poliwrath – it's one of my fav gen I 'mons, so an EX would be awesome.

Btw., I still think, they won't release any Zygarde yet. Of course, it's only my opinion, but I think, they get chance to Arceus first. Actually, we had to wait for Meloetta til Plasma Storm (which was 8th set!) and for Genesect until Plasma Blast (the 10th set). I think, Zygarde (which is equivalent of Kyurem…) will be in pack art, so maybe in next set. And then maybe Diancie…

Btw., I'm still wondering, why they didn't release M Blaziken EX in FF, when it is set featuring and supporting Fire types (but Blaziken is actually Fire Fighting :D) and partially fighting is Medicham, too… (and partially fire is Houndoom).
And if OR/AS introduce any new Megas,there'll be a problem, but I don't think, there'll be something like that (maybe except Kyogre and Groudon?).

You just possibly answered your own question. OR/AS may be the reason that M Blaziken EX and M Medicham EX weren't released. Inevitably once these games get released they'll have a few gen 3 focused sets. They could have decided that was where they belong.

Let's not forget M Blaziken EX and M Houndoom EX could have been just as at home in Flashfire too. Meanwhile they could be saving M Medicham EX for a 'psychic' set, possibly to go with M Mewtwo X and M Mewtwo Y. M Houndoom could be being saved for a 'dark' set (which they did in BW era with Dark Explorers). If only we knew what Nintendo's plans were.

Genesect, like Arceus, was held until they were 'revealed' by Coro Coro and subsequently released the movie associated with Genesect. I don't quiet remember about Meloetta but I do know it took a while for the official reveal. Meanwhile Zygarde is already fully known about (as too anything else about it, not so much. Reminds me of Kyurem) and leaving him out at this point seems like a bad idea. But in the end all we can do is wait and see.

Here that guys, give us more information about Rising Fist/Furious Fist!!

Seeing that Hawlucha is on the packs, I wonder if we'll be getting both Hawlucha and Hawlucha-EX at the same time...

Looks like Hawlucha Ex will be the new Emolga Ex, also not looking forward to the dinosaur ex if there is one.

Back