First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Late, but:

-Bounsweet/Steenee: Hop > Splash, the move they start with in the video games, but does some damage in the TCG for some reason.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Whatever happened to the V-Union mechanic? Was it just referring to the Calyrex cards?

It’ll be something akin to those tag team supporters and Pokémon that had attacks that cared if you used said supporters in that turn. Probably some more twists to it I would imagine, something like abilities that can only be used or get better if you used a specific supporter, etc. But I don’t remember where exactly I saw this, I just know it was around here on Pokebeach.

Edit: there you go. There’s nothing confirmed, I probably just remembered what I said from people speculating on the comments. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Last edited:

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
Wow, i didn’t notice before: The background of gallade is where you fight Wally in ORAS, that is so cool!

mrpnut03

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I’m excited that post-rotation is geared at making a variety of decks much more plausible. I can see “the big three” taking turns being head of format - Eternatus VMAX, RS Urshifu VMAX and Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX - which form a weakness triangle against each other. Then there’s Victini VMAX that will challenge them all for BDIF.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I really like Gallade as a 1 off in Gardevoir because that damage can ramp quickly against certain decks. Plus Kirlia makes setting up great.

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
Why does the new RS scroll requires L+C? Is that just to make sure you can't use RS energy properly?... Just the same as why Weavile attack costs are water and require 1 energy... Meanwhile Luxray has a cost of two but of course including L energy. Special mention to Kecleon also having to play basics energy despite being in a special energy focused archetype! Am I alone feeling like all this makes no real sense at all and the cards have much less synergy than they are supposed too?
U can use spiral energy

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
With both Marnie and Escape Rope/Boss neutralizing both its attacks, I don't think it will be reliable at all.
Magnetic Pull will be as reliable as Cramorant V's Beak Catch. It's not terrible, but that's just how it is. It's not like N or Judge didn't exist before (granted those cards shuffles your deck instead of putting your hand to the bottom).

For G-Max Rush, while Boss is also an inveitablity much like Marnie, I haven't seen too much Escape Rope around, at least on the big meta decks. Probably they play a copy in lieu of a Switch but that's about it.

I've mentioned this before but Metagross VMax has the option to run a Zeraora V as a follow-up attacker. Since you're likely to team Metagross with both Bronzong and Octillery (Rapid Strike card, might as well!) the LCC cost of Zeraora doesn't seem to expensive - fetch either Spiral Energy or the Zeraora with Octillery, set it up, then Saucer/Metal Transfer to Zeraora, bam 100 + 160.

Of course on paper sounds great but it'll need some playtesting to figure out and I'm pretty excited with what I could do with it. Then even if it's bad I'd still play it just because it's Metagross.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Magnetic Pull will be as reliable as Cramorant V's Beak Catch. It's not terrible, but that's just how it is. It's not like N or Judge didn't exist before (granted those cards shuffles your deck instead of putting your hand to the bottom).

For G-Max Rush, while Boss is also an inveitablity much like Marnie, I haven't seen too much Escape Rope around, at least on the big meta decks. Probably they play a copy in lieu of a Switch but that's about it.

I've mentioned this before but Metagross VMax has the option to run a Zeraora V as a follow-up attacker. Since you're likely to team Metagross with both Bronzong and Octillery (Rapid Strike card, might as well!) the LCC cost of Zeraora doesn't seem to expensive - fetch either Spiral Energy or the Zeraora with Octillery, set it up, then Saucer/Metal Transfer to Zeraora, bam 100 + 160.

Of course on paper sounds great but it'll need some playtesting to figure out and I'm pretty excited with what I could do with it. Then even if it's bad I'd still play it just because it's Metagross.

Yeah, that's actually pretty reasonable, I agree. I also loved how cool the card looks.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Wrote this whole post about the cards only for it to disappear on me at of the blue...so here's the short end of it

Gardevoir/Gallade/Kirlia: What a perfect example of why stage 2s are bad in this format. Here we have the best stage 2 line ever and they just aren't good enough to match up against VMAXs. The energy cost+damage output on both of them need to be bumped up. Gallade is a weaker version of Golisopod DAA that just hits for a better weakness. And Gardevoir's attack cost is way to high for it's damage to be that low, even if it has a great ability. Amazing artwork on both of them though.

Metagross V/VMAX: How do you mess up on this?? It has all of the best support and it can't even utilize any of them to their fullest potential. Maybe there's something in this card i'm not seeing, but when Marnie,boss, and escape rope are STAPLES in decks, that just makes me wonder why I would want to try this? lol

Sandaconda VMAX: Ok I really really like this card. I love energy shuffle attacks because it requires skill to use. Also that first attack is very good too. I can see a Green's sandaconda being played, similar to the Gardevior Sylveon TTGX green's deck.

Blissey V: This came completely out of left field!! And what a card indeed. Someone out there is brewing up a deck idea to get energy on the field and burst it away.....Kingdra+Blissey perhaps...like yeah they can gust up your horsea on the bench, but then they still have a huge threat with blissey. This card will see play and someone is going to find something absolutely busted with it.

Celebi VMAX: Togekiss VMAX exists while you are extremely limited...and that 20 Heal is LOL Milotic exists. This card is bad when there are others that do your job significantly better.

Galarian Rapidash V: At first I thought this was a really good card with that first attack, then I read that it's "Put damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon" that immediately makes this card busted!! You mean this thing can put a VMAX on the bench then lower it's HP to 100?!? The amount of disgusting combos you can make with this is insane. That's a RS Urshifu VMAX clean up right there without much of a hassle.

All in All....I cannot wait for chilling reign!! There is insane amount of creativity behind these cards and great combos to utilize that aren't so straightfoward. I joked with my wife that she can run two of her favorite pokemon in a deck....Blaziken VMAX+Galarian Rapidash V...and that's not a bad strategy either lol probably not tier 1, but it's an actual viable strategy lol That is awesome to be able to try stuff out and at least be functionable unlike during the TTGX metagames

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Blissey V: This came completely out of left field!! And what a card indeed. Someone out there is brewing up a deck idea to get energy on the field and burst it away.....Kingdra+Blissey perhaps...like yeah they can gust up your horsea on the bench, but then they still have a huge threat with blissey. This card will see play and someone is going to find something absolutely busted with it.

Before rotation you could also use Ubroken Bounds salazzle to ditch and accelerate [R] with Blissey. An alternative would be Cinccino to ditch special energy such as strong energy and weakguard energy and accelerate them with Blissey V. Note that you will be weak to cards that have attacks similar to Scroll of Skies.

Galarian Rapidash V: At first I thought this was a really good card with that first attack, then I read that it's "Put damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon" that immediately makes this card busted!! You mean this thing can put a VMAX on the bench then lower it's HP to 100?!? The amount of disgusting combos you can make with this is insane. That's a RS Urshifu VMAX clean up right there without much of a hassle.

Galarian Rapidash V is a hidden gem. The fact that it can place damage counters anywhere on the board and leave the chosen target with HP 100 is strong in a VMAX format. Also keep in mind that placing damage counters bypass Mew as a common tech to deal with bench damage. The card could work well in several decks including Shadow Rider VMAX, Dragapult VMAX or even on its own with Banette. The fact that the first attack is [C][C] opens up even more options.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Man, why can't all the alternate arts be the regular rarity?

it feels so awful opening Battle Styles packs for alternate arts, knowing that even if you somehow get lucky enough to get an ultra rare it's a 50/50 chance of it it being the cheap 3d render V or rainbow barf VMAX instead of these ABSOLUTE beauties

runegate12

Aspiring Trainer
Man, why can't all the alternate arts be the regular rarity?

it feels so awful opening Battle Styles packs for alternate arts, knowing that even if you somehow get lucky enough to get an ultra rare it's a 50/50 chance of it it being the cheap 3d render V or rainbow barf VMAX instead of these ABSOLUTE beauties
Because some of us don't like the alternate arts and prefer the regular versions with the cool poses :p

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Woah, so the Alt Arts AREN'T restricted to Battle Style Pokemon after all! That makes this more exciting to see unfold!