First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I already saw the translation for Metagross V-Max

"1 Metal energy"
"Choose 2 cards from your deck and add them to your hand, then shuffle your deck"

So Metagross V-Max is the return for a proper control archetype in the TCG - Togekiss V-Max was good but suffered from the fact that special energy lacks proper recycling in standard. Metagross doesn't do any damage with its first attack, but metal has access to Zacian V, Bronzong, Metal Saucer and Metal Coat Energy, which is fantastic support for a control deck. You can also entirely forgo Bronzong and continuously recycle Cheryl with Pal Pad, and obviously basic energy has much better recycle tools than special.

All this in a 340 HP body, which is obviously much better than Sylveon-GX. The only problem is how mediocre Metagross V is (low damage and nothing else), but I will make it work despite everything else. We also have Peony to search for lockdown cards on demand.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
All the gloves look to have the same exact effect but for Fire, Dark, Grass and Metal types respectively, not sure if that interesting or just lazy

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I already saw the translation for Metagross V-Max

"1 Metal energy"
"Choose 2 cards from your deck and add them to your hand, then shuffle your deck"

So Metagross V-Max is the return for a proper control archetype in the TCG - Togekiss V-Max was good but suffered from the fact that special energy lacks proper recycling in standard. Metagross doesn't do any damage with its first attack, but metal has access to Zacian V, Bronzong, Metal Saucer and Metal Coat Energy, which is fantastic support for a control deck. You can also entirely forgo Bronzong and continuously recycle Cheryl with Pal Pad, and obviously basic energy has much better recycle tools than special.

All this in a 340 HP body, which is obviously much better than Sylveon-GX. The only problem is how mediocre Metagross V is (low damage and nothing else), but I will make it work despite everything else. We also have Peony to search for lockdown cards on demand.
330HP*, but could have effective 360 if you still count Metal Goggles (though its rotating out soon). It's still a damn beast that is 10 HP more than Corviknight VMax.

The second attack is pretty good to, 100 for MC, then the next turn the attack is 250, Theoretically you can stick one Vmax in the front, Cycle energies with Bronzong, and keep using Cheryl for infinite* healing. If it's forced to switch out (either gusted or you miss a cheryl heal) you can then use Zeraora V as a follow-up attacker.

I think there's a lot of game plan this card (and deck later on) could take, but it's not as straightforward as previous archetypes. I'm loving it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Loving the artwork on so many of these Ultra Rares (and the set in general, I should add). It's great seeing a variety in them, 2D, 3D, different visual styles, it's fantastic. Makes even getting regular V's feel that much more worthwhile, compared to something like GX's which was... Largely same-y up until the Tag Team era.

Also, funny how Volcanion V is basically just M-Glalie EX without having to evolve and without the funny attack name. Oh, how I miss you, Cryo Mouth. Great art, though!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Me reading Imposing Helmet:

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Loving the artwork on so many of these Ultra Rares (and the set in general, I should add). It's great seeing a variety in them, 2D, 3D, different visual styles, it's fantastic. Makes even getting regular V's feel that much more worthwhile, compared to something like GX's which was... Largely same-y up until the Tag Team era.

Also, funny how Volcanion V is basically just M-Glalie EX without having to evolve and without the funny attack name. Oh, how I miss you, Cryo Mouth. Great art, though!

Yeah, the quality in artwork can't be praised enough. Things are really looking amazing on that front. IMO the entire S&M era was a blot in the game, visual-wise, both the art and the graphic design (that utterly square and absolutely lifeless card frame... yikes) were terrible overall. GXes were completely same-y like you said, so uninteresting. It's gotten like 1000% better. It's awesome now.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Yeah, the quality in artwork can't be praised enough. Things are really looking amazing on that front. IMO the entire S&M era was a blot in the game, visual-wise, both the art and the graphic design (that utterly square and absolutely lifeless card frame... yikes) were terrible overall. GXes were completely same-y like you said, so uninteresting. It's gotten like 1000% better. It's awesome now.
I'd argue (as collectibles) Tag Teams really saved the era, I love the regulars and the Alt Arts. And I think if anything, Sun and Moon did special stuff really well-think Shining Legends, a lot of Hidden Fates, and lots of Cosmic Eclipse. It definitely picked up over the last year and I'm glad the Sword and Shield era is taking some of the things that Gen 7 did well, while cutting down or eliminating some of the things it didn't.

Could do without rainbows, though. We really didn't need Train-bow rares. But oh well, I'll take any step in the right direction I can get, yknow?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I'd argue (as collectibles) Tag Teams really saved the era, I love the regulars and the Alt Arts. And I think if anything, Sun and Moon did special stuff really well-think Shining Legends, a lot of Hidden Fates, and lots of Cosmic Eclipse. It definitely picked up over the last year and I'm glad the Sword and Shield era is taking some of the things that Gen 7 did well, while cutting down or eliminating some of the things it didn't.

Could do without rainbows, though. We really didn't need Train-bow rares. But oh well, I'll take any step in the right direction I can get, yknow?

I agree. In fact, one of the Tag Teams have one of my favorite arts of all time. The alt art on the Marshadow & Machamp.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
ok I'm all for finally giving certain trainers their first supporter card but GOD WHERE IS MY BOY GORDIE ;_; Instead we get.. DOCTOR? DOCTOR. COME ON

(I guess I can overlook it for now because daaaaaang look at that Gallade <3)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I agree. In fact, one of the Tag Teams have one of my favorite arts of all time. The alt art on the Marshadow & Machamp.
I'm a sucker for so many of them, man. Alt Arts and otherwise.

Like, Mitsuhiro Arita is one of my favorite artists in the TCG, and I'm one of those heathens who likes Charizard. So Reshiram/Charizard was like, a dream come true for me, especially because Reshiram is my favorite Legendary Pokemon. But basically all of them are good! I could name so many good ones- Blastoise Piplup, Mewtwo/Mew, or the Bird Trio come to mind as some of my favorites.

And then the Alt Arts. That's how you do an Ultra Rare. Get established TCG artists to make Full Arts. Literally perfect. And they went all out with them, like the Stained Glass Birds or the Yuka Morii clay Venusaur/Snivy, or the Miki Tanaka Slowpoke Psyduck... The list goes on, I could gush about Alt Art Tag Teams all day.

But all I can say is I'm super glad they brought that idea back with Sword and Shield alt arts, on top of giving regular FA's backgrounds and dynamic poses again. Regardless of how expensive they are the fact that they exist is great on its own. ...And that they managed to make Empoleon, my favorite Pokemon of all time one. That helps too.

Can't wait to see the ones we're getting in this set.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It's been 25 years and Agatha has finally joined the card game! And she didn't even have to kill Sparky.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a sucker for so many of them, man. Alt Arts and otherwise.

Like, Mitsuhiro Arita is one of my favorite artists in the TCG, and I'm one of those heathens who likes Charizard. So Reshiram/Charizard was like, a dream come true for me, especially because Reshiram is my favorite Legendary Pokemon. But basically all of them are good! I could name so many good ones- Blastoise Piplup, Mewtwo/Mew, or the Bird Trio come to mind as some of my favorites.

And then the Alt Arts. That's how you do an Ultra Rare. Get established TCG artists to make Full Arts. Literally perfect. And they went all out with them, like the Stained Glass Birds or the Yuka Morii clay Venusaur/Snivy, or the Miki Tanaka Slowpoke Psyduck... The list goes on, I could gush about Alt Art Tag Teams all day.

But all I can say is I'm super glad they brought that idea back with Sword and Shield alt arts, on top of giving regular FA's backgrounds and dynamic poses again. Regardless of how expensive they are the fact that they exist is great on its own. ...And that they managed to make Empoleon, my favorite Pokemon of all time one. That helps too.

Can't wait to see the ones we're getting in this set.

Hey! Empoleon is my favorite too! o/

Yeah, Mitsuhiro absolutely rules. I remember as a kid around 12~13, I lived in a condo and the tcg was obviously all the rage, and my best friend and I started noticing the artists on the cards and we quickly came to the conclusion Mitsuhiro was one of the sickest ones, we even started recognizing his style and being able to tell an art was his before even having to look on the bottom of the card.

Even though I'm not fanatic about it, Charizard is like...objectively cool, I mean, c'mon now...People just hate on it for the sake of hating on it and getting that "look how different I am" rush.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ah ok. Not sure if that was actually a proper teaser lol. I can see how some people might interpret that wink face as it was one though.
It definitely was a teaser from a reliable source. It looks like the Ability was planned but was scrapped, or may be in a future set. I put it out as a Tweet because the information was subject to change.

(Also it wasn't a Starmie line, I just picked Starmie to give me the dream because it's Water/Psychic. :p)

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The partial set list is partially UP! I need your help to deduct the number of cards in my partial set list since my set list reaches 243 (assume that I didn't miss a card.) from the usual 190, as the info said to us.

TPCi, please! release at least 1 eng card from the set, Heck, just clarify the image of the Calys, I just want to see the magic number of cards for Chilling Reign.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hey! Empoleon is my favorite too! o/
Nice!! I'm two away now from actually owning every single Empoleon card. Just need the reverse Empoleon FB and the Non-holo one from BREAKthrough. (Thank goodness I pulled the Plasma Freeze SR in 2015...). But it was my first ever Pokemon, and the design is just there. It's so cool.

Yeah, Mitsuhiro absolutely rules. I remember as a kid around 12~13, I lived in a condo and the tcg was obviously all the rage, and my best friend and I started noticing the artists on the cards and we quickly came to the conclusion Mitsuhiro was one of the sickest ones, we even started recognizing his style and being able to tell an art was his before even having to look on the bottom of the card.
Yeah, that's similar to how I came to love his art. Such a distinct style to it that you definitely notice. His Base Charizard art even is what got me to be a fan of the Pokemon (as well as collecting it). And even nowadays-I gladly trade for and collect dupes of some of my favorites of his, Reshiram/Charizard included. Also super excited for the Tornadus VMAX, it looks so good with his style!!

Even though I'm not fanatic about it, Charizard is like...objectively cool, I mean, c'mon now...People just hate on it for the sake of hating on it and getting that "look how different I am" rush.
That's definitely one of the camps I've seen for it. I mean, I'll be honest, I love Charizard, I love collecting Charizard, but I definitely see some of the exhaustion for it and Pokemon using it as a crutch for abysmal sets like Champion's Path (I like cards in that set, but we can all admit it was thrown together sloppily). So I get it, but I think there's a balance to be made between blind outrage every time one sees a Charizard and being disappointed in how Pokemon handles it. Definitely ways to not rely on it, and I think stuff like Rainbow Rares existing is really part of what made the issue worse, so while I do think some of the hatred to it is a bit much, I also do see where lots of people come from in their frustrations.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Greedent's actually pretty good support, shuts down energy denial like hammers. Situational, but if you really need your energy it's worth a 2-2 line I suppose