News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Cool to see (old) Great Ball come back, especially since the newer version hasn't gotten pretty much any play at all.

New Item template looks pretty nice.

That art on torracat is QUALITY

THIS thing have 250 HP. Well I cant wait to see a Blissey GX with AT LEAST 300+ HP

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember there are no more overpowered exs on sun and moon. So basic pokes are not that good in the era

Do you folks also remember how the old master ball is now the new (current) great ball.

That level ball. First of all i love the new trainer design. Second of all it looks kinda broken. Ultra ball makes it so you have to discard 2 cards ( on top of using ultra ball ) discarding is something i'm not fond of ( which is why i only use 2 sycamore ) and some basic decks Volcanion , Night march ETC could replace their ultra balls with some nest balls. Now for night march it would be suggested to keep one just in case you get a lampent stuck in your hand. But it helps out alot of decks. Sun and moon is making a lot of pokemon competitive in vgc ( the one thing this site lacks) and i think that they are making a lot of pokemon competitive in TCG as well.

( EDIT : i just read “and put in on you're bench " not as broken as i thought but if they brought back the secret rare items i think that level ball would be expensive because at least 2 or just replacing in a lot of decks )

no it will get over 9000, but seriously, stage 1 GX's have 210 normally but I think wailord will have more than a stage 2 so maybe around 260-280

I don't know how a discussion on nest ball can lead to a discussion on wailord but whatever. If wailord was only 280 then everybody would just use rh PRC one with 250+FFB=290 so. Remember stage 2 pokemon wouldn't be able to use FFB. i personally think 300 at the least. It feels like they wanna make more cards competitive and fix my one problem with Pokemon TCG

There isnt enough playable decks. It's just ( in standard ) Giratina , greninja , mewtwo , Rays

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how a discussion on nest ball can lead to a discussion on wailord but whatever. If wailord was only 280 then everybody would just use rh PRC one with 250+FFB=290 so. Remember stage 2 pokemon wouldn't be able to use FFB. i personally think 300 at the least. It feels like they wanna make more cards competitive and fix my one problem with Pokemon TCG

There isnt enough playable decks. It's just ( in standard ) Giratina , greninja , mewtwo , Rays
Keep in mind if Wailord is made we don't know when, even if it's in SM base Wailord EX will only be legal for like 7 months, after that we have to use Wailord GX and if the attacks are good enough then people won't mind the -10 HP

I'm actually really liking the template for the new Trainer cards! Although the English versions will likely look slightly different as always. As for Nest Ball itself, maybe in SM-on decks (i.e. I'm thinking here when Shaymin and Hoopa rotate out) it'll see some play (although maybe not if the focus shifts away from "big basics" without EXs), but in Expanded where Shaymin and Hoopa + friends will remain for now I can't see it being used much at all.

Nest Ball seems really useful, especially in a format with GXs. It seems rediculously easy to get a Stage 1 GX on turn 1 with Nest Ball and Wally.

Night march ETC could replace their ultra balls with some nest balls. Now for night march it would be suggested to keep one just in case you get a lampent stuck in your hand.

Ultra Ball makes Night March good.

First of all, the ability to discard nightmarchers (not just lampent) is great when there is a lack of battle compressor/acro bike.

Second, Discarding cards from your hand and searching out for Shaymin-EX helps you draw more cards that you need(I find I always need to dig for cards like Double colourless energy, battle compressor, and dimension valley)

But nest ball looks promising in other decks. I will definitely run at least one in all of my decks that require something like it.

I can see nest ball being popular once decks that use the discard to accelerate energy onto the bench are rotated out, along with hoopa and shaymin. Its a better version of level and dive ball in decks that don't have 'from your hand' effects to them. Hell, I might run this in an archie's blastoise to get a keldeo out faster.

Back