News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Kinda feeling Decidueye-GX and Incineroar-GX the most here for Standard. I kinda feel Primarina-GX might be a bit slow there, but pretty strong alongside Blastoise and Keldeo-EX. Decidueye can obviously make nasty use of FoGP and Revitalizer, but I'm not sure about Standard fire support for Incineroar.

Decidueye looks like my kind of card, and with the right support Primarina could be quite decent, I think. I feel they're all relatively mediocre due to them being in Starter Set Decks :/ I hope we see alternative ones sometime!

I sincerely hope they put Pokédex numbers back on them soon, or otherwise I will be calling these sets fake. Until Pokémon TCG put the Pokédex Numbers back on them, I can't view the cards as genuine.

Decidueye-GX looks like an AMAZING benchwarmer in grass decks, creating additional damage and playing easily turn 1 with FoGP. . . Discard revival could mean a LOT of different things...(Devolution Spray x3?!) Very curious to see what will come out of this.

Incineroar-GX seems ok.. Just a simple attacker that's still outclassed in many ways. Not hating on the Poke, but it doesn't have as much to offer for the top tier playstyles.

Primarina-GX has potential... I'd LOVE to see it return to support Wailord-EX decks alongside cards like Red Card + Delinquent + Hammers to limit your opponents plays A LOT.

yep, theyre big and stuff, but nothing will beat the BASIC 250hp Wailord in the near future at least (maybe wailord gx but that would be a stage 1)

My SM pre-order doesn't include these theme decks, but the inclusion of a GX card makes me wonder if I should. Then again, these will be common for about 2 years, so I could always buy these later.

Do we even know these decks are coming to North America? A lot of times Japan gets better battle decks or theme decks than we ever get. A deck containing a GX would definitely be a step up from the previous theme decks.

The only issue here (same with Golbat and M Alakazam itself) is Garbotoxin as always, especially with a stage 2 line giving them more potential set up time (needing all 3 in the right order after finding FoGP isn't as easy as it sounds)
And that Mega Raquaza is definitely meta and has more than 190 health.

Really excited to try out Decidueye. I think he has a lot of potential and as one of my new favorite Pokémon I will be trying him out a lot!

Oh goodness... That first attack is going to be a bit of a threat. Start with it, attach a DCE, and hope to get heads. Could this be the next Shiftry NXD?

Oh goodness... That first attack is going to be a bit of a threat. Start with it, attach a DCE, and hope to get heads. Could this be the next Shiftry NXD?
Unlikely. It's an attack, so you can't use it if you're going first, and if you're going second, your opponent would have to be extremely unlucky to be unable to put anything on the Bench.

I can see this bein' a one-of in some decks, because holy crow, that's a wicked attack. I definitely hope that I pack one of these at the SuMo pre-release!!

Back