News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Not to sound offensive, but is it me or has pokemon gone down the route of Mario where they slap fans in the face in a bad attempt to appeal to children. Also these are so going to be UR/GX rare exclusively in the English release, and clog up boosters when you are trying to get whatever the "best" GX is.

This is what EX had to be: powerful evolution cards. Can't wait 'till big basic EX cards will die forever!

Junaipa

Ability: ? Arrow
1st Attack: Leaf Cutter

Gaogaen

1st Attack: ?
2nd Attack: Tiger Swing

Ashireenu

1st Attack: Bubble Heat/Beat (?)
2nd Attack: Sea Roar / Roar of the Sea

Has anybody here not played the game that inspired Pokken called Tekken and failed to remember King and Armor King? Those two are based from Japanese Satoru Sayama who goes also by the convienent stage name and persona called Tiger Mask.

Not gonna lie, from that card art alone, Gaogaeo looks like bloody Pulgasari.

Last edited:
That was exactly my reaction. Such potential wasted... When you think about cats or tigers you don't associate them with wrestling... There goes our first quadruple Fire Pokemon... :/
The Tekken series, Tiger Mask, actually yes I do associate tigers with wrestling lol.

Wasn't the first thing I thought Gamefreak would go for with Litten, but I honestly don't know why I anticipated anything else.

Wow. Popplio had us all fooled! I have all 3 decks on preorder and have been trying to push Popplio onto my youngest daughter but she wanted the Grass one, which is my go-to starter. My older daughter called Litten as soon as it was announced. Nobody wanted poor Popplio. With the final evolutions revealed, I'm guessing my oldest daughter will try to bully the younger one into taking Fire so that she can have Water. Wow. This is going to be a fun mess to sort out! o_O:)

Anyway, I'm super excited to have GX cards in the starter decks! It means the GX coin we'll each get in our Elite Trainer Kits will actually be usable right away!

Junaipa

Ability: ? Arrow
1st Attack: Leaf Cutter

Gaogaen

1st Attack: ?
2nd Attack: Tiger Swing

Ashireenu

1st Attack: Bubble Heat/Beat (?)
2nd Attack: Sea Roar / Roar of the Sea

"ability: ? Arrow" Something like Greninja Break? it would be very interesting

For Junaipa's ability, it could be
フェザーアロー (Feather Arrow), but that's really stretching it. The first kana also looks like it could be ク or タ. And the second character really doesn't look like エ to me. It looks more like ホ, but there is no short version of that character. Also, the third character looks more like シ than ザ, so I really don't know. But I'm still gonna say Feather Arrow.

For Junaipa's ability, it could be
フェザーアロー (Feather Arrow), but that's really stretching it. The first kana also looks like it could be ク or タ. And the second character really doesn't look like エ to me. It looks more like ホ, but there is no short version of that character. Also, the third character looks more like シ than ザ, so I really don't know. But I'm still gonna say Feather Arrow.

It is definitely Feather Arrow, even using the other kana you think it might be there isnt a combination that would make any sort of relatable word. Plus nothing fits it better than that!
Also it looks like its first attack is razor leaf
I really hope the feather arrow is a sniping ability to make up for the fact razor leaf doesnt have any sort of damage boost or effect on it!

Gaogaen has some kind of Hustle ____, and looks likes its fire*x damage. Wanna say upper(cut) but it looks more like a Ka than a Ha. Second move is Tiger Swing and is probably a coin toss kind.

The seal has Bubble beat/hit and its 10+ water*20. Second attack looks like it says Ocean sound? Then based on the amount of text with the move I'm guessing it is discard an energy attacked to opponents active pokemon, no coin toss.

Anyway, as long as my wallet permits it I'm totally gonna get all 3 of these decks!

Last edited:
I think it's gotta be Bubble Beat. We can't see the tenten, but I'm betting it's there.

My first thought on Bubble Beat was similar to yours, doing damage based on the number of water energy attached. But the text doesn't fit the templating for that sort of attack. Instead, this one starts with 自 while most of them say, "このポケモンについている[type]エネルギーの数x20ダメージを増加。" Of course, it's possible they changed their templating.

For Inceneroar, did we already get Tiger Swing for his second attack? And I agree with Hustle something for his first attack, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Ahh that is true, maybe its the water energy on your side of the field then?! Even better! Either that or the amount in your trash, but I don't really want that effect unless it is like infernape.

Pretty bold to have a stage 2 EX and the first attack costs [C][C] for 10 damage.
Better have a good effect

Pretty bold to have a stage 2 EX and the first attack costs [C][C] for 10 damage.
Better have a good effect

Well, it looks to be 10+, so I imagine it has ways of getting powered up. It mentions Primarina's name in the attack description. I wonder if it does damage for each water energy attached to each of your Primarina.

Well, it looks to be 10+, so I imagine it has ways of getting powered up. It mentions Primarina's name in the attack description. I wonder if it does damage for each water energy attached to each of your Primarina.

To me it looks like 自分の場のポケモンのついている(W)エネルギーの数×20ダメージ追加
It would be such a pain to evolve more Primarinas and attach energy to them just to power up this move.
Wonder what the GX attacks will do, since there isnt any damage listed on it!

The story has been updated with better images and full translations for all three cards!

Actually happy about Decidueye-GX's Ability. It would work great with something like M-Sceptile.

Oh and burn is back! These honestly all seem great, but we do have to keep in mind that they are Stage 2 pokemon as well (not as big of a deal for Decidueye w/ FoGP). So fitting them into existing decks will add a lot of clunkiness. I already can't wait for the Sun and Moon cards to start coming out!

Back