First “Scarlet ex & Violet ex” Cards Revealed: The Beginning of the Gen 9 TCG!

I will say I'm actually quite glad Ultra Rares have gone back to a more enclosed, card-body format. I was never a fan of GX's and V's which look just like... Much more bland Full Arts. GX's barely even look like a Pokemon card, frankly- These do. Them looking like EXs personally makes me happy as I am a huge fan of them. I'm quite a fan of them resembling this, but with the slightly transparent card body, and the new foil that seems very exciting.
Yes. But still a step back from the Revolutionary Art released for VSTAR Universe.. :confused:

Yes. But still a step back from the Revolutionary Art released for VSTAR Universe.. :confused:
I mean, you can't really expect standard Ultra Rares to be on par with a celebratory end-of-era set. I'm sure the SV era will have alts and plenty with fantastic art as time goes on. It's still too early to pass judgement in that regard- The only real comparison we can give with these specific ex cards is with cards of its rarity- i.e. EX, GX, V, and so on, and hope that they eventually continue Alts, maybe improve the Full Art formula, etc.

Back