File eBay dispute or not?

They sure do. My 17 packs of double and quadruple rares and 2 Suicunes with different holo patterns from Secret Wonders will back me up on that. But they gave me free sleeves to make up for it! :D >___>

Also I figured what box breaking is, pretty you try to read the patterns of the packs, find the reset and make an accurate guess on where your EX might be. So when buying boxes watch those seals. Your sealed box could be tampered and you won't get any EXs! But Boundaries Crossed boxes look like they don't have any resets anymore making the packs in a linear order of Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Landorus and Keldeo so with no pattern it makes them all random. But they could still be weighed by people, which they need to fool proof... Would it hurt to put in an extra rare or two reverse foils? That way people will have a hard telling the difference and you won't feel as bad with pulls. Nah you still will but hey they're harder to weigh!

Maybe you can just get a refund and send him all those loose cards back (though you would both loose shipping).

I do think weighing boxes is possible, heavier boxes....would have more.....you get the idea.

There are way to many variables when your weighing a box that weighs a few pounds if your looking for cards that weigh a few tenths of a gram more. Its not possible to weigh boxes accurately at all. Besides whats the point? Most boxes have the same amount of URs and more URs isnt always better. BC is full of junk ultra rares

Rather than making a new thread I thought I'd ask in here, I recently bought a Base Set Charizard described as MINT both in the title and in the description, it came today and has some edge wear on the back and has scratches on the holofoil (not deep ones just scracthes), I messaged the seller and she says that it was mint when she sent it as she checked but obviously this doesnt happen in the post and it was sent 1st class uk to uk and took less than 24 hours to arrive.

What would you do?

Kingsley said:
Don't Buy Off Ebay. Buy Off Websites Like TnT , Cardteam Or Coolstuffinc

I like Magic Madhouse for Pokemon stuff, cos even if they haven't listed something, you can ask them and they'll get it in either especially for you or bulk and put it on the website.

PokeGB said:
Rather than making a new thread I thought I'd ask in here, I recently bought a Base Set Charizard described as MINT both in the title and in the description, it came today and has some edge wear on the back and has scratches on the holofoil (not deep ones just scracthes), I messaged the seller and she says that it was mint when she sent it as she checked but obviously this doesnt happen in the post and it was sent 1st class uk to uk and took less than 24 hours to arrive.

What would you do?

If its not as described, then file a dispute. If a card says mint and its not, you always have a right to file a dispute.

Mint does not mean the same thing to everyone. Some people's idea of mint is fine condition to me.

I messaged them saying its not mint and they are claiming how it was deffinitly mint when they sent it as she checked it, but i said theres scratches on the holofoil and edge wear on the back so its clearly not mint and it doesnt get like that in the post. They are still sticking by what they say that its mint and was mint when they sent it, do i have to accept it then or file a dispute?

omahanime said:
Mint does not mean the same thing to everyone. Some people's idea of mint is fine condition to me.

PokeGB said:
I messaged them saying its not mint and they are claiming how it was deffinitly mint when they sent it as she checked it, but i said theres scratches on the holofoil and edge wear on the back so its clearly not mint and it doesnt get like that in the post. They are still sticking by what they say that its mint and was mint when they sent it, do i have to accept it then or file a dispute?

omahanime said:

Tell them you would like a refund and that you WILL file a dispute over Ebay and leave negative feedback if they do not grant you one.

Ebay favors buyers so much now that any legit ebay business would have to take the option to refund so they do not risk getting slammed with bad feedback that hurts their income.

AnUnown said:
The seller listed exactly what he was selling.

If the seller neglects to inform the buyer that the packs are weighed, that is lying by omission.

It's possible that they were unaware though.

omahanime said:

Some people's idea of mint makes me cringe. I don't need to tell you this, but mint means mint! :p

SoulWind said:
omahanime said:

Some people's idea of mint makes me cringe. I don't need to tell you this, but mint means mint! :p

To some mint means without major damage. To others it means flawless.

I've gotten cards that were listed as "mint condition" and came back pretty messed up and with a good number a scratches and edge wear. "But it still looks pretty in a binder!" Yea? How about a discount then cause this looks like poop to me?

I've been into many arguments with stupid parents selling off their kids' cards with no idea how to grade or price them correctly for their damages. I paid 12$ for an Umbreon that looked like it had been clawed at with nail marks all over it. I opened a case and said I'd be okay with a partial refund. But I felt bad about how I reacted and sent some money back so I ended up only paying 6$ for the card.

She went to the point where she blamed me for swapping them out that I swapped her mint card and placed a damaged one. I told her that it was the stupidest thing she could come up with and it was pointless cause it's just 12$ why do I need to go through all that trouble to get 12$ outta you? I just want an honest card in the condition I'm looking for.

You can file a claim, I have done it numerous times, most of them offer a refund, but I have opened cases for those who didn't offer or even partially refunded for poorly describing the item. One guy I messaged about an Espeon that was mint and paid 7$ for it. He sent it in a ziplock bag and an envelope. Are you kidding me? That card came with a weird machine blemish and scratches. And! I could peel the foil off the card so it was actually fake. Didn't even have the anti-counterfeit marks. Oh that was a fun time...

But enough story telling from me... file a claim against that stupid bee-yXXXh or politely ask her for a partial refund as the item is...

NOT AS DESCRIBED...

Ebay's policy: It is okay to not accept returns but you are responsible for the describing the item accurately.

You're lucky you can. I got some cards off DaCardWorld and they were labeled as "pack-fresh mint" and yet they had shuffle scratches all over them. :p Never buying from them again. I don't think I can return them. Oh well.

EDIT: Oh yea and nowadays and I always ASK the seller for scratches and other defects before I buy so I can get them in check if it's damaged. They ain't happy about it but go through with it anyway.

Back