Pokemon Evolutions you think are unnecessary

On the subject of baby Pokemon, here are a few baby Pokemon (and new evos) I think should exist:

Baby Lapras - Lapras's beta name was going to be Ness, after the Loch Ness Monster. I think a good name for a baby Lapras would be "Nessie."
Evolved Farfetch'd - Farfetch'd just seems to me to be too "basic." Can't really think of a name, but I think it's a good idea.
Baby Lickitung - As Netherwing said, Tungtyde!
Chained evo for Surskit that keeps Bug/Water - It could be a very useful Water-type. Perhaps it would evolve by level-up while knowing a certain move that it would not have been able to learn prior.
Chained evo for Nincada that keeps Bug/Ground - Not sure what this would be, but I think it should be done.

That's all I can really think of. Most Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon seem just fine for evos in my opinion.

Personally, the next new way to evolve pokemon is cross. Example, crawdaunte and kingler could both evolve into the same pokemon. A crossbreed of lobsters and crabs.
Much less useless evolutions.

I'm saying it right now. I don't think the two New Eevee evolutions were needed. The Ice and Grass ones. I would love to see more baby pokemon, but maybe some "elder" pokemon too, you know what I mean? How cool would it be if Charizard had a cane and a long greybeard.

BellaD said:
I'm saying it right now. I don't think the two New Eevee evolutions were needed. The Ice and Grass ones. I would love to see more baby pokemon, but maybe some "elder" pokemon too, you know what I mean? How cool would it be if Charizard had a cane and a long greybeard.
>_>. I think that Glaceon and Leafeon were completely needed. Glaceon is the best eeveelution (IMO), and Leafeon was great too. The other added evolutions Gliscor.. jk like Lickylicky are not needed.

glaceon said:
>_>. I think that Glaceon and Leafeon were completely needed. Glaceon is the best eeveelution (IMO), and Leafeon was great too. The other added evolutions Gliscor.. jk like Lickylicky are not needed.
Too bad that espeon, jolteon and vaporeon were made the best for VGC. :p I do like Glaceon the most of those.

Flareon's clearly the coolest, but by far the worst in the videogames. Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon have all been used in WC decks in the past, so Glaceon and Leafeon are left out of that... Leafeon's probably my least favorite, tbh, and not at all necessary.

Leafeon and Glaceon were totally not unecessary! I used leafeon in my platinum playthrough, and it is quite a good attacker for a grass type.

Pichu. They completely ruined Pikachu with that ugly thing. And personally I wish they did something different for Raichu; he's just a fatter, darker version of Pikachu.

Ironic how my username contains "Pikachu", but I hate it now.

Seriously, what's so wrong with evolutions? You guys keep making these stupid threads and I always wonder why...
All Gen IV evos are awesome, it's 1 of the main reasons gen IV is my favorite gen. Ok, some weren't really needed (Porygon-Z for example), but that doesn't make them uncool. And stupid arguments like "I think Weavile or Honchkrow aren't necessary because I don't like them" doesn't change the fact that Sneasel and Murkrow for example sucked at gameplay and needed evos to raise their BST... Most Gen IV evos have much higher BSTs than regular fully evolved pokémon.

@frostwind: That would be a bit like DNA Digivolution, in Digimon... But I don't think it is a bad ideia at all...

@BeserkMagikarp: I agree. I used Leafeon for a while in Platinum, and it is good. Too bad it only learns Leaf Blade at level 70-something...

Metalizard said:
All Gen IV evos are awesome
463Lickilicky.png

...'nuff said.

Rhyperior. They added like 10 points to each of its stats.

Electivire and Magmortar. Electabuzz and Magmar were already capable Pokemon.

Porygon-Z. Similar to the above, Porygon2 was already a solid Pokemon.

Froslass and Gallade: While I like these two Pokemon, I could never figure out why they were created.

Dusknoir. Like Rhyperior, they added about 10 points to each of Dusclops' stats. Its unnecessary.

Bippa201 said:
Froslass and Gallade: While I like these two Pokemon, I could never figure out why they were created.

Because male Gardevoir and female Glalie are just... odd. They at least had to let you evolve it into something more suitable to the other gender.

Bippa201 said:
Rhyperior. They added like 10 points to each of its stats.

Electivire and Magmortar. Electabuzz and Magmar were already capable Pokemon.

Porygon-Z. Similar to the above, Porygon2 was already a solid Pokemon.

Dusknoir. Like Rhyperior, they added about 10 points to each of Dusclops' stats. Its unnecessary.

Froslass is really good in hail teams, Glalie is good in.... nothing in VGC enviromnent... Porygon Z is the sweeper while 2 being wall now thx to eviolite. About Electivire.... so it's unnecessary to jump into better tier cus of evolution...

Dusknoir indeed is unnecessary now cus of eviolite.

@Scizorliscious: I like Lickilicky... too bad for you if you don't :p...

@Bippa201: About Rhyperior... yeah, maybe it wasn't "really" necessary, but Rhyperior looks really good to me. I remember that when I first saw it, I was really surprised. Electabuzz and Magmar may very well be capable pokémon, but Scyther was too and it still got an evolution. At least in the gen 4 evos case, their BST raised while Scyther and Scizor both have 500. But again, I don't really have a problem with that.
As for Dusknoir, at least Dusknoir has some offensive potential, while Dusclops, not so much...

@Pokefan4000: very well observed...

I don't think they should have evolved Magmar, Magmar was just fine on its own, Magby, and Magmortar ruined the line. All the other ones you guys say, I like, they look good.

MrGatr said:
I don't think they should have evolved Magmar, Magmar was just fine on its own, Magby, and Magmortar ruined the line. All the other ones you guys say, I like, they look good.
Magmortar was what Magmar line needed seriously, magmar itself is poor competitively in VGC.... well Magmortar is not OU material but defo is bit of a threat in UU.

I have an intense hate for Slowking. He should have been left as a Slowbro.

Along with the evolutions like Silcoon and Metapod who only learn Harden.

Back