Pokemon Evolutions you think are unnecessary

Magmortar and Electivire are pretty nasty. Magmar was pretty hot, (derp, puns) but Electabuzz was already ugly.
Slugma and Magcargo are basically almost the same thing. I think it would've been fine with just one of the two.

...oh yeah. Now's a good time to point this out:
001.jpg

002.jpg

The evolution is sadface, the basic is happyface. Evolution makes Pokemon unhappy (especially if it turns them into a giant rock)

StealthAngel667 said:
...oh yeah. Now's a good time to point this out:

The evolution is sadface, the basic is happyface. Evolution makes Pokemon unhappy (especially if it turns them into a giant rock)
557.png

":O i didn't know i was happy."

Soo why would mighty looking evolution wanna look happy/cute?

I don't care for Glalie. I think Froslass is far better looking then that floating ice mass of a head. I also don't care for Nosepass or Probopass, I think they're both rather ugly looking Poke'mon. Always thought the Magnemite/Klink evolutionary line was rather dumb as well. But that's just the way it is~

I would have to say Porygon Z since it really didn't have a point of being made. It's just... Another Pokemon that doesn't see in competition.

Azul said:
I would have to say Porygon Z since it really didn't have a point of being made. It's just... Another Pokemon that doesn't see in competition.
Oh really? I keep seeing it in UU and Monotype tiers in pokemon online. While porygon 2 too aswell in OU.

Guy89 said:
I have an intense hate for Slowking. He should have been left as a Slowbro.

Along with the evolutions like Silcoon and Metapod who only learn Harden.
The cocoon pokémon are needed. How do you directly have a caterpillar to a butterfly? It would not make sense if they were not had in this game.

I do not like lickilicky. I am a big fan for lickitung, so I think that lickilicky is a ruin to the end of the line :( The same is for rhyperior.

{G},
hatedisc

I dislike Rhyperior. It's just a Rhydon with hamburger patties glued to its body. Aiyaaaa.

Zhaituki said:
Oh really? I keep seeing it in UU and Monotype tiers in pokemon online. While porygon 2 too aswell in OU.

Ur cheatin. You can't go off of how well they do. If you did that then Yanmega would be the greatest Pokemon because it dominates TCG. Go by there look :p

Hyperion64 said:
@patrick329

Not all of them. Tyrogue is a great pokemon IMO.

Wynaut, on the other hand...

Wynaut is a derpaholic. I have a problem with the babies (all of them) because we don't need to take a step backward with out Pokemon D:

catutie said:
Ur cheatin. You can't go off of how well they do. If you did that then Yanmega would be the greatest Pokemon because it dominates TCG. Go by there look :p
How come i'm cheating when i can make proper teams? Eviolite on porygon 2 makes it great wall of china in OU... Porygon Z is powerful enough to sweep in UU

Is this thread for useless evolutions in vcg or in general?

I really liked magmortar when I first saw it but when i looked into detail it was horrible. That has the be the ugliest head in Pokemon history. Granite magmars literal butthead isnt that attractive to begin with magmortar should have at least resembled magmar. It looks gross why is he stronger but has a round belly? That seems counterproductive. He should have kept magmars tail though that was cool

Setzer (Harry) said:
Dusknoir. While an OK ghost type in RSE days, who was really begging for an evolution.

And Spoink. I love Spoink, but loathe Grumpig.

Are you kidding me? Grumpig is awesome, especially mine. Horribly underrated pokemon.

Lanturnitis said:
Are you kidding me? Grumpig is awesome, especially mine. Horribly underrated pokemon.

If Grumpig wasn't around... Spoink would be worthless... So I saw he isn't a bad evolution, but I do think that Magmortar was unneeded, it really isn't that cool.

We totally don't need eeveelutions

Herm....I think the pre-evolution of Whimiscott--I can't think of the name right now--is kind of dumb, since Whimiscott looks like a basic pokemon the way it is.

^Cottenee.
I think that Shroomish isn't really necessary. It kinda doesn't have a purpose.

Chingling. I thought that was pretty pointless considering Chimecho already has a baby-ish look to it.

Back