XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

Water types, though, do already include a fish evolving into an octopus and a clam evolving into eels, which is another reason people suspect a squid.

Inkay and Malimar do sound more like squid, though, the latter probably being named for Calimari.

Luna_Cat16 said:
You have very good points, Bogleech, and you're starting to make me learn towards the direction of some sort of tentacle creature. I still do not believe in an outright species change, however. Its design has cephalopod features, but it still retains the appearance of a sea dragon/seahorse. Pokemon tend to follow a pretty set line of species. Charmander turns from a lizard to a dragon, but they're both reptiles. I don't think they'll change the species entirely. Maybe keep it in a fun mix where its tails become long kelp strands, but I do not think they'll turn it into a squid.

Besides, Inkay and Malimar are theorized to be squid Pokemon already, if they are real. Having another would just be too repetitive.
Yeah, because GF totally has never done repetition before in the Pokemon franchise...

No, Luna has a very valid point there. A single pokemon generation never repeats specific animals unless they're related in some way, either by evolution or as part of a series like an elemental trio, version counterparts and so forth.

The closest thing to an exception has been when Gen 5 gave us both the elemental monkey trio and Darmanitan, but those aren't quite the same animal.

Ah yes, I forgot about Remoraid and Clamperl. Any reason why their evolutionary chain happens to be so radical? I mean there must be some background behind those guys.

Yep. Darmanitan is an ape, which is actually very different from a monkey. Also I think it was based around a type of statue or doll thing, I can't quite remember the name.

Then again, Inkay and Malimar could not exist, or not be squid. They're supposed to be Dark/Psychic, after all. Still, evil space squid would be cool... uwu

Luna_Cat16 said:
Ah yes, I forgot about Remoraid and Clamperl. Any reason why their evolutionary chain happens to be so radical? I mean there must be some background behind those guys.

Remoraid and Octillery are supposed to be related by a gun theme (Remoraid is gun shaped, and Octillery is cannon shaped). The only reason it's not obvious is because Octillery doesn't fit that theme very well.

Bogleech said:
No, Luna has a very valid point there. A single pokemon generation never repeats specific animals unless they're related in some way, either by evolution or as part of a series like an elemental trio, version counterparts and so forth.

The closest thing to an exception has been when Gen 5 gave us both the elemental monkey trio and Darmanitan, but those aren't quite the same animal.

Snubbull, Granbull, Houndour Houndoom- all 2nd gen dogs

Poochyena, Mightyena, Electrike, Manectric- 3rd gen dogs

Vulpix, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon- 1st gen foxes

Joltik, Karrablast- 5th gen ticks

Now, of course, I say some of these very loosely, but I just wanted to point this out.

I want with all my heart for Skrelp to evolve. I don't want a kraken evolution, though. It just doesn't fit it. I would love a Kraken. Just not a Skrelp evolution.

Karrablast is a Carabid beetle, species of which prey exclusively upon snails and dig them out of their shells with their specially shaped heads. Nothing in common with ticks, which are large parasitic mites (arachnids) :D

Luna_Cat16 said:

Yep. Darmanitan is an ape, which is actually very different from a monkey. Also I think it was based around a type of statue or doll thing, I can't quite remember the name.

Then again, Inkay and Malimar could not exist, or not be squid. They're supposed to be Dark/Psychic, after all. Still, evil space squid would be cool... uwu
Darumaka was based on a Daruma doll and a baby ape. Darmanitan is based on a daruma doll and an orangutan.

I wish that gogoat was an evolution of sawsbuck :C They look so alike) I want some new evolutions of the old Pokemon :3
and i hope that Flabebe has an evolution)

ArC said:
I wish that gogoat was an evolution of sawsbuck :C They look so alike) I want some new evolutions of the old Pokemon :3

Well one's a goat and the others a deer. I know we have odder evolutions but
sawsbuck -> gogoat just doesn't register.

Whitefire said:
It'll probably be nothing like this, but I tried.
[Fletchling > link > Talonflame]
[also note i fail at birds. carry on.]
It's nice, and you're pretty good with official style sketches, but it seems a bit small to have evolved from Fletchling. Maybe if it was a bit bigger. Otherwise, I could definitely see that.

ArC said:
Are you kidding? If anything, Sawsbuck would become something like an Elk, a Moose, or even a Reindeer type Pokemon.
Which, in itself, the idea would be a very interesting one to be seen done. GoGoat looks nothing like Sawsbuck to me.
For one, Sawsbuck is a deer, whereas GoGoat is a goat. Other than be quadrupeds, having horns, and foliage somewhere on their bodies, there really is no similarities in them.
Not to mention that SB and GG look to be around the same size.
Flabebe has to have an evolution.
Something tells me that it's going to combine with the flower that it can't live w/o. There is no other option.
There is no way that Flabebe is a stand alone stage Pokemon. It's too small, and has so much potential in evolution. If it does evolve, it will be Fairy/Grass type.
I only see it evolving once, however.
Which isn't that bad of a thing either. Sort of be like the Petilil/Cottonee off the generation.

Alix Rooker said:
There is no way that Flabebe is a stand alone stage Pokemon. It's too small, and has so much potential in evolution. If it does evolve, it will be Fairy/Grass type.
Which isn't that bad of a thing either. Sort of be like the Petilil/Cottonee off the generation.

I can see it evolving but not because of it's size. It's design seems... incomplete, an evo could add to it but I'd prefer for it to stay fairy-type, I have a feeling we're about to see a lot of grass/ fairy type re-typed pokes this gen and I don't want this to fall into the same pool as them.

Sky Pillar said:
Alix Rooker said:

I can see it evolving but not because of it's size. It's design seems... incomplete, an evo could add to it but I'd prefer for it to stay fairy-type, I have a feeling we're about to see a lot of grass/ fairy type re-typed pokes this gen and I don't want this to fall into the same pool as them.
That's what I see too. An incomplete design that is practically screaming "LET ME EVOLVE".
However, because of the flower it holds onto constantly, I don't see it staying single typed.
Granted, yes, we are probably going to see a lot of Pokemon re-typed into Grass/Fairy, or vice versa, but I don't see the harm in this one falling into that pool.
After all, there is bound to be a lot of fairy type Pokemon this generation.
And before anybody says something that has to do with the second generation's inclusion of Dark and Steel, and how there was only a few introduced then, that may be true, however, this is a brand new, HUGE development in Pokemon, and, despite normally only getting between 100-110 Pokemon in even numbered generations, they are certainly breaking a lot of traditions and implementing a lot of new mechanics in this generation.
With the introduction of the Fairy type, I could honestly see as many as 130 new Pokemon this go around.
Which would be fantastic.

Alix Rooker said:
Sky Pillar said:
That's what I see too. An incomplete design that is practically screaming "LET ME EVOLVE".
However, because of the flower it holds onto constantly, I don't see it staying single typed.
Granted, yes, we are probably going to see a lot of Pokemon re-typed into Grass/Fairy, or vice versa, but I don't see the harm in this one falling into that pool.
After all, there is bound to be a lot of fairy type Pokemon this generation.
And before anybody says something that has to do with the second generation's inclusion of Dark and Steel, and how there was only a few introduced then, that may be true, however, this is a brand new, HUGE development in Pokemon, and, despite normally only getting between 100-110 Pokemon in even numbered generations, they are certainly breaking a lot of traditions and implementing a lot of new mechanics in this generation.
With the introduction of the Fairy type, I could honestly see as many as 130 new Pokemon this go around.
Which would be fantastic.

I actually had an idea where it could evolve to be fairy/ flying with flower accents instead of gaining the grass-type. Like how Lugia isn't part water-type (I wish it was:().

I also hope we get a large overhaul of fairy-types, like 30-35 individual fairy-type pokemon to help it compete with the other 600+ types of pokemon out there. I hope the number of new pokemon is somewhere between 125-140, 150 might be too much though.

Sky Pillar said:
I also hope we get a large overhaul of fairy-types, like 30-35 individual fairy-type pokemon to help it compete with the other 600+ types of pokemon out there. I hope the number of new pokemon is somewhere between 125-140, 150 might be too much though.

I'm thinking the overhaul won't be too large.
I mean, it's nice to get Fairies up to around the amount of other types, but I'm thinking that there'll only be around 5 to 6 pre-existing lines changed. It's nice to see Pokemon get changed, but what I really don't want is for there to just be Fairies everywhere, but at the same time I'd like to see more Fairies than there were Dark/Steels in GSC.
My idea on who'd change
Gardevoir (confirmed)
Marill, Azumarill (confirmed, Azurill could become Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff (confirmed)
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss (Normal/Fairy Togepi? Changed to pure Fairy? Going from Fairy to Fairy/Flying seems logical, but then again we could have Normal/Fairy to Fairy/Flying)
Misdreavus, Mismagius (Fairy/Ghost)
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (I'm hoping that they'd be pure Fairy just to make them slightly different to Jiggles)
Mawile (and a potential evolution)
that makes 15 Pokemon changed, 16 if Azurill changes, which seems about right.
Then for new Pokemon, they'll probably make around 15 Pokemon, maybe standalone, 3 stage or legendary or whatever. I can see Mawile getting a Steel/Fairy evolution
That brings the total up to about 32, which is slightly less than Ghost

P.DelSlayer said:
Sky Pillar said:

I'm thinking the overhaul won't be too large.
I mean, it's nice to get Fairies up to around the amount of other types, but I'm thinking that there'll only be around 5 to 6 pre-existing lines changed. It's nice to see Pokemon get changed, but what I really don't want is for there to just be Fairies everywhere, but at the same time I'd like to see more Fairies than there were Dark/Steels in GSC.
My idea on who'd change
Gardevoir (confirmed)
Marill, Azumarill (confirmed, Azurill could become Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff (confirmed)
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss (Normal/Fairy Togepi? Changed to pure Fairy? Going from Fairy to Fairy/Flying seems logical, but then again we could have Normal/Fairy to Fairy/Flying)
Misdreavus, Mismagius (Fairy/Ghost)
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (I'm hoping that they'd be pure Fairy just to make them slightly different to Jiggles)
Mawile (and a potential evolution)
that makes 15 Pokemon changed, 16 if Azurill changes, which seems about right.
Then for new Pokemon, they'll probably make around 15 Pokemon, maybe standalone, 3 stage or legendary or whatever. I can see Mawile getting a Steel/Fairy evolution
That brings the total up to about 32, which is slightly less than Ghost

I agree with your choices, but I think Whimsicott should probably gain the typing too though.

I don't think an overhaul would be too much of a problem, so long as their aren't too many fairies in the regional dex.

AdamLambert said:
Bogleech said:

Snubbull, Granbull, Houndour Houndoom- all 2nd gen dogs

Poochyena, Mightyena, Electrike, Manectric- 3rd gen dogs

Vulpix, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon- 1st gen foxes

Joltik, Karrablast- 5th gen ticks

Now, of course, I say some of these very loosely, but I just wanted to point this out.

I want with all my heart for Skrelp to evolve. I don't want a kraken evolution, though. It just doesn't fit it. I would love a Kraken. Just not a Skrelp evolution.

There is just one problem about Poochyena and Mightyena being dogs. They are actually more Hyena than they are dogs, this is my first post but I thought I should point that out. In fact they are hyenas with dog like characteristics.

Back