Pokemon Embarrased to play pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETRURIANSAGE said:
You say that, but the fact that you're still posting regularly on these forums still shows that you have a marked interest in the games. =P

For me at least, there's no difference between spending time talking about pokemon and spending time playing the games, it still just proves that you're a fan.
I know, and I always will be interesting ;P. It only too expensive...

What I find most amusing about my school is the fact that if you play Pokemon, people mock you. If you're playing Bakugan, no one does.

GraveTheUndead said:
What I find most amusing about my school is the fact that if you play Pokemon, people mock you. If you're playing Bakugan, no one does.

what. WHAT?!

This reminds me when I became furious with Bakugan and turned all their lunch boxes backwards, so I didn't have to see their pathetic faces. xD

My friend don't care and most like Pokemon(though they aren't very good;p) but there is this one kid who thinks I'm dumb because I play Pokemon at tournys and stuff. Erm...I a straight A student, I tutored(some), and graded papers. He gets B and Cs, yet he call me dumb!
But if you don't count him, I show that I like Pokemon...

At first I was skeptical of telling ny of my friends, but one day my buddy JM convinced me to bring my DS to school and play platinum with him at lunch. Right after that other people started playing pokemon at lunch and people were oing out and buying the games, and at the time I was a freshman(9th grade)

DiamondMaster said:
what. WHAT?!

This reminds me when I became furious with Bakugan and turned all their lunch boxes backwards, so I didn't have to see their pathetic faces. xD

xD the first anime was so terrible...I like the new one though, but I've always liked the game overall.

Pokemon is kewl :cool:

lol

all my freinds like pokemon,
i mean they arent to into the tcg or anything,
but they like pokemon in general and the merchandise like plushies and stuff like that

lol bakugan has always been lame for me lol...but in any case, most of my friends never bring it up either, which also makes it good...

I am not embarrased to play Pokemon. Why? Ratings are created so that people under a certain age can be protected from playing it. Unless it's a restricted rating, like in Aussie Land it's MA15+(Mature Audience Only), it's not demanding that you much be between certain ages to play it.

It seems to be a unilateral cultural problem that puts the 'taboo' on older people, 13+, playing Pokemon or 'Children's Games' in general. The notion that because the fanbase cannot grow with the franchise, and boy howdy, has Pokemon grown sence G1, is ignorance.

It is the exact same stigma that gets people, such as myself, comments on their sexuality because of what they enjoy. But by this logic, lots of kids enjoy sports, so is sport juvinille? Yeah, by that logic it is. Is it? No, it's quite barbaric in some circumstances to the degree no child would play it in the same way. Same goes for 'kids' games. A child would not get the same level of enjoyment. Same argument goes for toy collecting.

SotH said:
I'm in 10th grade and heck.
I play Platinum at lunch. And 20 people sit around me. I can care less about what they think.
And I walk around stores with the volume up and stuff. XD

I'm not embarrassed one bit because its something I like, if my friends didn't approve of me liking it I wouldn't have any friends. So I'm not embarrassed cause all my friends know I like it. u.u

I totally agree... Finally Someone who doesn't care and will admit! I admire you...somewhat...

Well, I really have 2 groups of friends around me at times:

The ones that liek pogeymanz
The ones that don't.

Here's how it works:
The ones that liek pogeymanz know I liek pogeymanz
The ones that don't liek pogeymanz don't know I liek pogeymanz.

It's not the fact that I'm embarassed to play Pokémon that I don't tell the group that doesn't like Pokémon themselves, it's the fact that at my skool, everybody is judgemental. It's the most judgemental skool in America. I don't care what they think of me, it's just that I might loose half of my friends just because of a stupid hobby. :\ I might end up ditching in the end, but once you're an upper classman, it doesn't really seem to matter, so, bleh.

EDIT: Yes, Shannon, you rock for that. <3 Why can't my school be more like yours? D:

Their's this kid two grades below me.

He calls me "Pikachu" every day and laughs at me.

Why, am I not bothered?

He wears a bra.

So I just laugh right back at him. c:

DiamondMaster said:
Their's this kid two grades below me.

He calls me "Pikachu" every day and laughs at me.

Why, am I not bothered?

He wears a bra.

So I just laugh right back at him. c:
Why is it that a 10 year old boy wears a bra? What's with him? :S

Noobnerd said:
Why is it that a 10 year old boy wears a bra? What's with him? :S

I think...he's turning g@y...

For a boy to wear a bra (10 yrs old or not) is not normal.

Actually he's just really... urm... how do I say this.

Fat.

I mean like, Fat Albert, fat.

I would feel bad if he actually cared about his weight or if he wasn't a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back