Pokemon Embarrased to play pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiamondMaster said:
Actually he's just really... urm... how do I say this.

Fat.

I mean like, Fat Albert, fat.

I would feel bad if he actually cared about his weight or if he wasn't a jerk.

Oooh...I see...Wow...I think that you've made the point already. Case closed.

Stil...a br@?

You kiddin me or not? Or is that line just an insult for the Ahem* Albert?

Embarrased? Never! :^D I play all the time. Fellow beachers, it all started when I was a child. My mother brought a plastic bag into the kitchen a few minutes after dinner, telling me that my aunt had got me a GameBoy Color and Pokemon Silver and Gold. This was when it first came out in 2000. Back in the day, these handheld games were all the rage. I immediately loved these games and would take them everywhere. I was a spiffety-hip guy because I had these games. My friends would go crazy over Pokemon and I'd let them play. This led to them getting Pokemon games too.

Now that we're all teenagers, most of them went to play other things as they thought Pokemon was too childish. But in middle school, I met some respectable children who were engaged in a Pokemon battle, so after the battle, I sauntered over to see if I could battle. Being the friendly dudes they were, they accepted my challenge. We battled, and it didn't matter if we won or lost, we were having fun (if you're still wondering who won, it was me ). From then, a few days every week, I took my Pokemon Diamond/Platinum to school. Hah! How some children laughed. HAH! How I ignored them and went on to explain EV/IVs.

In high school, I plan to play it there. People will mock me! Yes, but this doesn't stop me from doing the things I love. It is a passion for me, like the smell of leather. People who matter don't mind and people who mind don't matter. Now that I'm also crazy about the TCG! We should do the things we love regardless of other people's prejudice and negative thoughts on the subject.

In conclusion, there is no finer way to waste part of your day than by reading my positive rant.

Well yeah i am
my best friend used to play it but now he doesnt
but his little brothers do so i play with them occasionly
and im very good at being able to know when to play it and not to play it
when im at home i play it alot but when i have friends over i hide the stuff

Arcterra said:
Embarrased? Never! :^D I play all the time. Fellow beachers, it all started when I was a child. My mother brought a plastic bag into the kitchen a few minutes after dinner, telling me that my aunt had got me a GameBoy Color and Pokemon Silver and Gold. This was when it first came out in 2000. Back in the day, these handheld games were all the rage. I immediately loved these games and would take them everywhere. I was a spiffety-hip guy because I had these games. My friends would go crazy over Pokemon and I'd let them play. This led to them getting Pokemon games too.

Now that we're all teenagers, most of them went to play other things as they thought Pokemon was too childish. But in middle school, I met some respectable children who were engaged in a Pokemon battle, so after the battle, I sauntered over to see if I could battle. Being the friendly dudes they were, they accepted my challenge. We battled, and it didn't matter if we won or lost, we were having fun (if you're still wondering who won, it was me ). From then, a few days every week, I took my Pokemon Diamond/Platinum to school. Hah! How some children laughed. HAH! How I ignored them and went on to explain EV/IVs.

In high school, I plan to play it there. People will mock me! Yes, but this doesn't stop me from doing the things I love. It is a passion for me, like the smell of leather. People who matter don't mind and people who mind don't matter. Now that I'm also crazy about the TCG! We should do the things we love regardless of other people's prejudice and negative thoughts on the subject.

In conclusion, there is no finer way to waste part of your day than by reading my positive rant.

Your like the same way i am, people are going to make fun of you if they see it. But i didnt care.

I don't care at all!!! Just ignore them and after a while, most people will just stop making fun of you(although it may pop back up occasionally)

Arcterra said:

You got your years wrong.

It started with Red/Blue

Either way though, at least you played Gold/Silver and aren't a complete new-gen kid.

I've never been embarassed to play I'm 18 now all my friends that i've made over the yrs and all my family know I love Pokémon everyone accepts it or just doesn't care most ppl think though that ppl who like Pokémon are loners thats not true either I am very popular and have since elementary its not my coolness though that ppl like but its my honesty and straight forward I don't give a damn towards ppl who try to hate on me and Pokémon but yes I remember it was September 1998 when I went to pick up my Red version from the game store I also remember like 2-3 weeks before Pokémon had debuted on tv I've been entranced since then.

I started playing wayyy back in 6th grade when I bought the Base set Machamp starter deck. I am now 22 and I still enjoy the fandom. I've been out of the loop though for 8 years after my entire Pokemon TCG collection was stolen... T.T

But anyways, I've never been ashamed to flaunt my pokemon addiction along with my other nerdy habits.

Way back when I was 4 I played my brother's Blue Version, I loved it even though I just flew around on Pidgey ;P. Now I play competitively (@ 13 years old).

My son and daughter both play Pokemon alot on the DS and now in addition the TCG game to and they have a nice collection started. Prior to my kids getting into it I had never played Pokemon at all growing up but helping teach them how to play and playing with them a couple times a week I have began to realize how much fun,stratgetic and amazing the game is. The DS game is incredible as well , what a game I can't belive how deep the game truly is there seems like there is always something to do even after you beat the game! also my children really enjoying reading now and that has come from Pokemon to from the books to the card game to the DS game because its text heavy. I play with them on tcg and even have my own DS copy as well.

I'm not embarassed i'm having to much fun to care what people may or may not think its been fun bonding with my kids that way. People who don't like Pokemon just simply haven't played it .

ChiaPet, sounds like you got yourself a good family going! Lol some *censored* bags saw me at target looking at pokemon cards, so I know that school is going to be fun on da bun

I suppose I would be alittle embarrased if my friends found out about me playing pokemon. But I wouldn't care that much. I haven't told anyone about me still playing it. And hopefully I can keep it that way. I mean im sure my friends still play games like these and are just as afraid to talk about them xD

Yesterday, I went to Target and Lowes with my mom. I had a Pokémon shirt on. I brought my DS. My DS has a Giratina (VGC) skin, and stickers of Regigigas and Mowtom on the bottom. I had Platinum AND Emerald in it. The sound was on. (I didn't notice that for a while XP) Not to mention I stared at Pokémon cards for at least 10 minutes. I didn't think twice about going in. AT ALL. Also, some 7-year-old (who also had a Pokémon shirt) in the return line looked at me like I was a god. He also watched me beat Maylene for the ______th time.

Fwee. :D

kawaii_Mew said:
I think...he's turning g@y...

For a boy to wear a bra (10 yrs old or not) is not normal.

EXCUSE ME!? Just because he crossdresses doesn't mean he's gay.
As mentioned below, him wearing a bra is necessary for supporting his man boobs.

At school, my friends regularly force me to put my hair in a ponytail, and say I'm Angelina. Don't believe me? Search it on YouTube.

Basically all my friends play Pokemon games or cards, so I don't need to be embarrassed of it. But, liking Pokemon at my school is like going in front of a church and coming out.
People will constantly pester you, and possibly attack you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back