'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
130 hp... 130 hp on a stage 2 in 2021. We had an era where 2 prizers had evolution lines too, and had only 20-30 more hp than their 1 prizer counterpart. Now we have 230, 250 or 280 hp BASIC 2 prizers all over the place. In the same time we have a 130 hp stage 2 Pokémon. Who designed that?...

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
They forgot to put the ability or attack that makes the Pokémon somewhat decent on the actual card AGAIN! I'm starting to think it might be intentional...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
There's a cheeky Raichu hiding in Sewaddle's art.. they wouldn't put Pikachu in the same set as Eevee, would they? Who will be next? Charizard?

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Cool in theory, useless in application since if you're using a stage 2 at any point after the early SM era you're doing something wrong.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Pokemon cards have text? All I see is a Leavanny cradling its precious babu.

lapisrabbit5

Aspiring Trainer
After Eevee Heroes there might begin a new dark age in Pokemon. Every set from hereon out will have some sort of chase charizard or pikachu card. They know what's going on. They see what makes a $200+ card sell out sets. Sets are planned about a year in advance I think? I could be wrong. But Eevee Heroes is in my opinion the point where set development and the current state of the game/market overlap. Both Battle Styles and Chilling Reigns are hated by these toxic new collector's because they don't have that chase $200+ card.

Clam

Almost decent
The Leavanny isn't playable because of Boss's Orders and that's why I hate cards that give a lot of control to a player. As long as there are cards like Boss's Orders, anything slower then the speed of sound isn't viable.

lampshade11

Spicy Lord
How cool would it be if the Swampert in this set is a ground type. Haven’t had a ground type swampert card since EX Crystal Guardians

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The Leavanny isn't playable because of Boss's Orders and that's why I hate cards that give a lot of control to a player. As long as there are cards like Boss's Orders, anything slower then the speed of sound isn't viable.

Guaranteed gust effects are stupid (one of the many reasons I love Legacy is that it doesn't have Lysandre in its card pool), but that's barely a footnote in the book of reasons why Leavanny isn't a playable card right now.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I think it's time to start evaluating these cards in terms of SwSh-on Single Prize Only, or else so many of these new releases will be an absolute "meh".
yes. do you play this format as well?

I actually think that single prize only will be introduced as an official format at some point. The trend in design sure seems to have two separate scales, where everything under RR is balanced among themselves, and everything over RR is balanced among themselves, but little to no overlap is possible.

Last edited:

huupie2

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark sounds like ditto prism star with extra steps. Kinda funky, I like it! Maybe a weird way to get vmaxes into play for some weird ass deck?

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Swampert looks kinda cool, but that Zoroark is giving me serious Mew3 vibes. This pretty much turns Zorua into a ditto prism star, so many creative combos can come out of this!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Zoroark sounds like ditto prism star with extra steps. Kinda funky, I like it! Maybe a weird way to get vmaxes into play for some weird ass deck?

Would not be that sure about it. Zoroark specifies stage 1 evolution Pokémon and Pokémon Vmax technically are not stage 1 evolvution Pokémon. Also note that Zoroark discards any cards attached to him incl. energies.

huupie2

Aspiring Trainer
Would not be that sure about it. Zoroark specifies stage 1 evolution Pokémon and Pokémon Vmax technically are not stage 1 evolvution Pokémon. Also note that Zoroark discards any cards attached to him incl. energies.
Oh, good points. Still could be cool in the future though!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Where does the [F] part on Swampert come from? I don't see any [F] symbol in the text.