'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

How is Swampert's ability is a worse Hurricane Charge (from UNM Dragonite) when they're both Stage 2s with similar HP? I really hope that's a mistranslation...

If you charge fast Palossand,there's no Pokèmon that will survive(I think)

zoroark could be decent in stage 1 expanded decks considering theres an ascention zorua
swampert is is just a worse frosmoth/coalossal, unless theyre printing a new dragon type garchomp that's really good i doubt itll see any play

xte
How is Swampert's ability is a worse Hurricane Charge (from UNM Dragonite) when they're both Stage 2s with similar HP? I really hope that's a mistranslation...
It should be both, right? It's so strange that it isn't a "and." Hope it is a mistranslation.

Zoroark is really cool. I'm thinking... Zoroark into PLB4 Cradily, Lifesplosion into ???, profit! Good with the stage1 Omastar too.

Last edited:
Again, new evolution lines that won't see any play because it can't compete with Vs and Vmaxs, and honselty can't even compete against the rare playable non-V decks like spiritomb or mad party.

I'm still waiting for the day we get a playable stage 2 single prize deck. The last one that was worth playing is Greninja Break or I missed one?

• Zorua/Zoroark - is this is the way to cheat Stage 1s into play like Ditto did, this will open up opportunity for Stage 1s with good abilities. Although you need to leave 4 spaces for the 2-2 Zoroark line though. 3/4-5
  • Swampert - It ain't a draw, but it's a nice energy accel if you can Turn 2 this one. 4
  • Palossand - forget about this one. 2-3

Again, new evolution lines that won't see any play because it can't compete with Vs and Vmaxs, and honselty can't even compete against the rare playable non-V decks like spiritomb or mad party.

I'm still waiting for the day we get a playable stage 2 single prize deck. The last one that was worth playing is Greninja Break or I missed one?

Gardevoir GX, Fossils was good in the early tag team meta... Lost March, kinda?

also are we sure the Inteleon SR is from SWSH base set and not the Rapid Strike one from Matchless Fighters? It seemed like every SR from E block sets only went as far back as Amazing Volt Tackle/Vivid Voltage as everything prior to that was covered in Shiny Star V. That would also mean we could get the Single Strike Cinderace and Rapid Strike Rillaboom as SRs in the upcoming twin sets

Whoa I LOVE that Swampert, in Expanded that's going to be a good Archie's target for Fighting decks for sure. Finally something to help fill the void of losing Maxie's.

Zoroark Box is going to be hype as heck, I'm already theorycrafting it. Some ideas that immediately come to mind: Aerodactyl/Golisopod, Whimsicott/Garbodor, Primeape/Donphan, any other multi Stage 1 deck could all become more consistent by relying on a single Stage 1 line instead of two. Altaria, Beheeyem, Honchkrow-GX, Galarian Weezing are fairly easy techs that give you the ability to shift to a control strategy. Finally, some assorted Pokemon I'm considering playing around with are Rhydon UNB, Toxtricity DAA, Alolan Sandslash-GX, Noctowl SSH, Flapple RCL. This is going to be a VERY fun card.

Zoroark Box is going to be hype as heck, I'm already theorycrafting it. Some ideas that immediately come to mind: Aerodactyl/Golisopod, Whimsicott/Garbodor, Primeape/Donphan, any other multi Stage 1 deck could all become more consistent by relying on a single Stage 1 line instead of two. Altaria, Beheeyem, Honchkrow-GX, Galarian Weezing are fairly easy techs that give you the ability to shift to a control strategy. Finally, some assorted Pokemon I'm considering playing around with are Rhydon UNB, Toxtricity DAA, Alolan Sandslash-GX, Noctowl SSH, Flapple RCL. This is going to be a VERY fun card.

I can see Zoroark as a means to put the new Galarian Weezing into play that increases all Darkness energy attached to cards with Weezing in their name by one. The main reason here is that you want to play both Weezing and Galarian Weezing in this deck but you are limited to four Koffing in total. Zoroark could help the deck to bypass this limitation.

Calyrex Palossand lol

Also Zoroark is pretty good, kinda like that old Ditto but for stage 1s

The obvious problem with all this Zoroark theorymonning is that in most of these cases you are removing 1 hoop (having the original basic and your evolution in play) for another (having zoroa and zoroark in play, AND the stage 1 you want in discard).

For decks that only use a single stage 1, this obviously does nothing - your deck needs to play 2 or more stage 1 lines, or have an innate limitation on the number of stage 1s you could otherwise place in your bench or the easiness of it. Another thing to keep in mind is that this obviously requires a lot more of deck focus - Ditto was a 1-of, while this requires at least 4 spots on your deck alongside stuff to discard the desired stage 1 into your discard.

As this comes up after rotation, there's no purpose on theorycrafting with non-galar fossils and TEU-SWSH cards. These have better support in expanded. We also lose Dedenne so there goes our best discard tool, so we'll have to make do with Quick Ball and deck specific trainers.

So Zoroark is currently limited to stuff like Weezing/Galarian Weezing deck from Chilling Reign, or rare fossil decks - because honestly, the support for Rare Fossil currently sucks. Also hypothetical Snorunt/Rockruff/stage 1s that evolve from the same basic decks that already exist on expanded, or can be added later to the game. Still, that's not half bad. It's definitely far more useful than the random trash that fills 80% of our sets.

It should be both, right? It's so strange that it isn't a "and." Hope it is a mistranslation.
I hope so. Then again, we did had the Firestarter Blaziken, which was a straight reprint of an RSE Blaziken with the same artwork and ability, just upped the HP. Firestarter is a [R] Metal Links/Psychic Charge on a stage 2, which was objectively worse.

My new guess is that this Swampert got that kind of treatment, and if it's true then it's a damn shame.

This is the first time Zoroark's Illusion ability has been reflected by the TCG, so I'm very happy about this.

Because Pokémon doesn’t power creep card effects linearly, that dragonite isn’t in format so what it’s ability was is irrelevant

Because Pokémon doesn’t power creep card effects linearly, that dragonite isn’t in format so what it’s ability was is irrelevant

Um what? Unified Minds is very much legal. It will share legality in Japan with Swampert for a bit more than 3 months.

I looked at Swampert and said...."Ok this can maybe work for fighting pokemon. Not water because Frosmoth is better in every way."

But then I remembered...Coalassal from Rebel Clash exists. And it's better at accelerating fighting energy than Swampert.

So I'm sorry Swampert, but you are just outclassed

Back