E3 2015 Discussion

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
e3-header-overlay-latest.png

In just over a month E3 will begin once again. This year is expected to be a big one. Now that the PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One have solidified themselves into the current console generation, there are plenty of announcements to be made. E3 will take place over June 16-18, and there will be several conferences and demonstrations from many video game developers and publishers. You can watch these conferences on Twitch and Spike TV when they are live.

For the unaware, E3 is the Electronic Entertainment Expo, a massive trade fair for the video game industry. Developer, publishers, and manufacturers get together to show off what games and merchandise they currently have in development, and allow the press and attendees to play these upcoming games. Those watching from home have the opportunity to watch interviews with developers as well.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - June 14 - 7:40am PST / 10:40am EST
Bethesda - June 14 - 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST
Microsoft - June 15 - 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST
EA - June 15 - 1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST
Ubisoft - June 15 - 3:00pm PST / 6:00pm EST
Sony - June 15 - 6:00pm PST / 9:00pm EST
Nintendo - June 16 - 9:00am PST / 12:00pm EST
Square Enix - June 16 - 10:00am PST / 1:00pm EST
PC Gaming Show - June 16 - 5:00pm PST / 8:00pm EST

Feel free to discuss rumors, expectations, announcements, what you wish will be shown but don't expect anyway, and more!

Last edited:

naetle

The Pokemon Lover
I would really like to see a new Elder Scrolls game and a Pokemon Stadium type game on Wii U :D

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well I don't really know much about the other developers, so my post will be Nintendo focused.

I don't think Nintendo's will be that great, but probably not terrible either. They already have a lot of announced games to promote, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Devil's Third, SMT X FE, Fire Emblem If, they've already got a lot on their plate. I don't think they have time for much else. Plus, with the NX on the horizon I think 3DS and Wii U support could be winding down. That being said, I think there's at least going to be enough that it won't feel like they have nothing new, probably about 6 new games. I'm thinking it'll play out something like this:

-Full reveal of Nintendo's new loyalty program.
-Star Fox given a full reveal, including a name, gameplay trailer, and release date
-New trailer and demo for Yoshi's Woolly World, possibly some new gameplay feature shown off
-Mario Maker trailer and new gameplay features.
-DLC for Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon.
-More info on Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, SMT X FE, Devil's Third, Fire Emblem If, and Project Treasure.
-Animal Crossing game for Wii U
-Warioware game for 3DS
-Mario sports game for Wii U
-Punch Out game for Wii U (the Twitter post today hints towards that)
-Maybe Pokken, Metroid, and Paper Mario (I have a feeling they may be 2016 announcements, but they could announce them this year).

Not really sure what they could do with the 3DS, there's not much it's missing.

naetle

The Pokemon Lover
Well I don't really know much about the other developers, so my post will be Nintendo focused.

I don't think Nintendo's will be that great, but probably not terrible either. They already have a lot of announced games to promote, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Devil's Third, SMT X FE, Fire Emblem If, they've already got a lot on their plate. I don't think they have time for much else. Plus, with the NX on the horizon I think 3DS and Wii U support could be winding down. That being said, I think there's at least going to be enough that it won't feel like they have nothing new, probably about 6 new games. I'm thinking it'll play out something like this:

-Full reveal of Nintendo's new loyalty program.
-Star Fox given a full reveal, including a name, gameplay trailer, and release date
-New trailer and demo for Yoshi's Woolly World, possibly some new gameplay feature shown off
-Mario Maker trailer and new gameplay features.
-DLC for Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon.
-More info on Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, SMT X FE, Devil's Third, Fire Emblem If, and Project Treasure.
-Animal Crossing game for Wii U
-Warioware game for 3DS
-Mario sports game for Wii U
-Punch Out game for Wii U (the Twitter post today hints towards that)
-Maybe Pokken, Metroid, and Paper Mario (I have a feeling they may be 2016 announcements, but they could announce them this year).

Not really sure what they could do with the 3DS, there's not much it's missing.
Sounds logical. But there were rumors earlier this year about remasters coming to Wii U.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
I just want a Metroid. I'd be happy with just a Metroid.

And while this one is more out there, I'd be ecstatic if Project Diva Arcade was coming to PS4 after the poll they held just a few weeks back.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm keeping my expectations low; seems the best way to avoid being disappointed. More information about already announced games would be enough to make me happy. Since FEif will be coming out the week after E3, some international information on that would be nice. Otherwise, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and see what we get.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Looking forward to the next main Pokémon game(s) being annouced 1-2 weeks prior to the E3 with new reveals at the E3 or a first reveal of the next main game(s) at E3.

Koda

Veteran Trainer
I am hoping that Nintendo will announce a Red and Blue 3DS remake, would be nice. I also would like a Battlefront 3 PS4, I need one and am holding out till something like that happens.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nintendo announced their E3 plans.

They're doing another Digital Event and Treehouse and Mario Maker will be playable at Best Buy. They're also bringing back the Nintendo World Championships.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I'm not truly interested. Ubisoft will show yet another AC, most of the games will be about graphics with little to no gameplay evolution. Only Nintendo is left and after XY, ASOR and Masuda's lame excuses, they don't have my trust.

Oh yeah, MGS V: TPP will be Kojima's some bird's swan song with Konami so yet another reason for not expecting much from a series that should have ended with MGS4.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Interesting that Nintendo and Square Enix are having an event at the same exact time. All the press will be at Square Enix's event during Nintendo's stream. Time will tell how that will go.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Interesting that Nintendo and Square Enix are having an event at the same exact time. All the press will be at Square Enix's event during Nintendo's stream. Time will tell how that will go.

I can tell you exactly how that will go, almost everyone will pay attention to Square Enix and ignore Nintendo. That's bad news for Nintendo's marketing.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
I will be severely pissed if Bethesda announces nothing for Fallout 4, instead showing us a new Elder Scrolls. Nothing against ES, I just really don't see the point when there's so much hype for just a glimpse at Fallout 4.

please god no mmo fallout though :/

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Fallout 4 or Halo 5 are those I'd like to see the most myself. No ES please, we don't need it.

Good thing that a Fallout MMO is rather unlikely after the whole thing with Interplay.

Guts

CyberPhunk
I just want a Metroid. I'd be happy with just a Metroid.

Haha, good one.

It's interesting that Bethesda claimed a spot for their own this year; logically, Fallout 4 is what they're building the hype for, but you never know with them. In any case, I'm looking forward to this year's equivalent of Peggle 2 and "All my Feels-uh!".

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Square Enix has moved their conference to 10 AM PST to avoid conflict with Nintendo's Digital Event.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/2...les-e3-press-conference-to-avoid-conflict-wit

And while you're updating the OP, we know Microsoft, Sony, and Ubisoft's times as well.

Microsoft- June 15th, 9:30 AM PST/12:30 PM EST
Ubisoft- June 15th, 3:00 PM/6:00 PM EST
Sony- June 15th, 6:00 PM/9:00 PM EST

https://majornelson.com/2015/05/14/xbox-at-e3-2015/
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/14/ubisoft-e3-2015-press-conference-dated/
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/sony-dates-e3-2015-press-conference

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Oh, thanks! The Nintendo Digital event is actually at a decent time for me (6pm) and that's the only one I really care about, so that's nice.

Neil K

Aspiring Trainer
Im waiting for footage of Lara's new game, everything else can get run over by a train for all i care.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
So, Nintedo's due at 6 pm at Tuesday here where I live? Maybe I'll have time to see it then.
I'm really excited about Nintendo. Hopefully, they will reveal a new main Pokémon game, and not just Pokkén...!

Last edited: