E3 2015 Discussion

BREAKING NEWS

I'll be at E3 for the full event (all days). Tell me stuff to do.

Throw a large rock at a Capcom booth (if there is one) with a letter tied to it saying "more MegaMan"

But in all seriousness I am really hoping for:

A new Pokemon game announcement
MegaMan
Metroid
Maybe Bandai giving us Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

I do really, really want to see a Prime style Metroid game for Wii U though. I can't think of a single gameplay style that can use the Gamepad better, in addition to the usual map, menu screen, and gyroscope controls for shooting they could have you use the Gamepad for visor related things like scanning and ship control. I do think if we see Metroid this year though, it's going to be one of those games that they tease this year and fully reveal next year, I don't think it'll be coming out within the year, development probably isn't far enough along that they can go into detail about it.

I want more Metroid too, but since it's been so long and the hype is built up, I think it would be better to help boost Nintendo with their next console. I want it, but I don't think Nintendo needs to play the Wii U Metroid card. Unless they have a lot of confidence in the type of gamer (and added sales) Splatoon will bring in as a new first person Metroid would certainly excite the majority of people who buy Splatoon. Nintendo also seems really chill despite making the decision to not mention their biggest game in Zelda U.

They could give another go at Metroid Prime multi-player, online of course. I hate having to mention a game 'should' have online play when talking about Nintendo games. I would have bought Mario Party 10 if it had online play.

I'm going to post my guesses on the reveals and/or announcements at E3.

- Third Okami game.
- Super Smash Bros., Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8 DLC.
- New main series Pokemon games and more information on Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and perhaps a trailer.
- More information on Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World.
- Animal Crossing for the Wii U.
- Super Smash Bros. amiibo and perhaps MK8. Maybe more Splatoon amiibo.
- Fire Emblem IF localization news and more information on SMT x Fire Emblem.

I want to say maybe another character reveal for Pokken Tournament and a announcement for an international release on the game, but I feel like that'd be pushing it for the amount of Pokemon content in E3.

Regarding the rumors of Tajiri appearing at E3, this is the video it's based on:

This is supposedly a leaked SpikeTV E3-intro video. We'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out if it's legit or not, but you can see some certain surprising people will appear, including Tajiri (who hasn't appeared in public in over a decade) and Gabe Newell (who hates the number 3).

Time will tell.

Regarding the rumors of Tajiri appearing at E3, this is the video it's based on:

This is supposedly a leaked SpikeTV E3-intro video. We'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out if it's legit or not, but you can see some certain surprising people will appear, including Tajiri (who hasn't appeared in public in over a decade) and Gabe Newell (who hates the number 3).

Time will tell.

It's been pointed out several times that some of the names are placeholders though, so some of these names probably aren't happening. Tajiri is probably one of them.

the only thing i want to see in this E3 is details of the new Star Fox......nothing else........and i guarantee iwill cry if i see it

my predictions:
details of super mystery dungeon but no about main series in pokemon(i saw a theory very convincing about no main series this year and maybe next year)
more about SMT X FE
more DLC in Smash Bros and Splatoon but not in MK8(they will give some rest in updates speaking)
100% clear release date of Mario Maker and Yoshi Wooly World
announcement of the new loyalty program involving the smartphone area with an app and (i hope so) more countries than the old Club Nintendo(including Chile)
localization of Xenoblade Cronicles X
more details of the 2 projects revealed last year but still in development
a final title of Zelda Wii U

and other without my knowledge

thats all

And so, we enter the 14 day countdown. The hype train is now leaving the station, please have your tickets ready. Next stop, Disappointment Station.

I'm guessing there won't be PSMD news at E3, since it got news in the Direct. Junichi Masuda is going to LA, apparently, perhaps new main series announcement at E3?

I'm guessing there won't be PSMD news at E3, since it got news in the Direct. Junichi Masuda is going to LA, apparently, perhaps new main series announcement at E3?

According to his Twitter account, he's not there for E3.

I don't think we're going to be getting any Pokemon news there. If anything, probably Pokken.

SK6iTeH.gif

this is it guys, based bethesda has already won the year ;-;

Fallout 4 hype! It's about time we got some open world wastes that weren't just a big low quality texture.

So Namco have announced that Dark Souls 3 will be announced at E3. Although apparently headed by Miyazaki I'm entirely unsure how he is going to patch together what DS2 made of the lore. I'm not even a big DS lore fanatic but DS2 really dropped the ball of a cliff and somehow off another cliff. Although this might be rumour still. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another based on the popularity and re-release.

Fallout 4 info coming in less than an hour and a half!

I'm really interested in the Dark Souls 3 news, especially since a lot of souls fans I know already consider Bloodborne to be a better game than Dark Souls 1/2 from a combat and game mechanic PoV, so it'll be neat to see if the dev team pushes aspects from both series together, or just keep to the same formula that the first two games did. Either would be fine in my opinion. I don't even know how they're going to continue the series from a lore perspective.

EDIT: AAAAAAHHHHHHH A TRAILER WAS RELEASED GUYS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH IT LOOKS AMAZING

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's confirmed that it takes place in Boston. The statue of Paul Revere made it obvious. And Fenway Park!

[THIS IS OUR FIRST STOP ON THE HYPE TRAIN, OUR TRIP WILL CONTINUE SHORTLY. OUR EXPECTED ARRIVAL IS IN APPROXIMATELY 11 DAYS.]

Back