Not open for further replies.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

78-dual-ball.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand compared to other Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand compared to other Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
This is a really good trainer card. The ability to get two basic Pokemon from your deck is amazing, and extremely useful. This is defenitely worth being played, in any deck, as it helps get out the Pokemon you need.
That's an easy one. Jumpluff, to get more Pokemon out to increase the damage of mass attack. It could really be used in any deck, though.
This card can be used with a lot of things. A few are Jumpluff from HGSS, to increase the damage of mass attack, and also maybe Spiritomb from Arceus (though it is almost going out of circulation) because Spiritomb can evolve the pokemon you get with it. Also maybe that new Victini that lets you reflip, because if both coins were tails, you could try again.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
I give it 4/5 stars, as it is a great card that can be used in any deck. The only thing that keeps this card from being 5/5 is the fact that you have to flip coins, so it could potentially be useless, and the fact that you are limited to basics.
5. How's the artwork?
I like it. It looks somewhat like the sportscenter logo, and I like how the Pokeballs look like they are rocket-propelled. I give it a 5/5.

Yes! First post!

It's one of the best Pokemon drawing engines, ever since Great Ball changed rules. You got the chance to pick up to 2 basics, which means normally you get 1 for each Dual Ball, and you don't have to play it directly! Yay!

Anyone that feels like having 4 Pokemon Collectors is not enough. Most decks should run it, since basics are becoming more and more popular nowadays - both as techs and main attackers.

Pokemon Communication - get basic and switch it to whatever you want. Or just use the basic to power-up your Chirachiino/Jumpluff/Victini/whatever. Or use the tech/attacker you draw.

I give it 4 out of 5, since it's one of the best trainer-pokemon-drawers in HS-on. Not worth being played in previous formats though.

5. How's the artwork?
I love the background, though the balls seems to be too flat, as far as I'm concerned.

1. It is good in decks that have many basics, preferably those which attack with basics. Still I see it outclassed by Pokémon Collector although Collector is a Supporter. Flips are never very nice and reliabe...
2. Zekrom wants to get Shaymin, Pachirisu and Zekrom out T1 so it will probably want to run Collectors and Dual Balls. If someone doesn't have Collectors they can often be replaced by Dual Balls. Dual Balls are decent in almost any deck.
3. Pokémon Communication. Just guess why...
4. 3,5/5. It is decent to almost essential depending on the deck.
5. 4/5 It's not stunning but it is hard to imagine a much better picture starring two Poké Balls...

1. It's a pretty good trainer. You get an average of 1 per Dual Ball. If you flip a double tails, however, it might ruin your start, so it's a bit risky, but not a ton.

2. Anything running multiple basic Pokémon. (So pretty much everything.)

3. Pokémon Communication, or any speed deck that relies on donks (like Zekrom/Shaymin/Pachirisu.)

4. 4/5. It's a pretty good card, doesn't waste your Supporter, and it can run in almost anything.

5. 4.5/5. It's pretty good for a trainer card.

It's pretty good, as it can get you two basics right of the bat, the only problem is that you have to flip coins and you might not get anything. But overall, I say yes, it is worth being played.

Jumpluff or Cappuccino.

Pokemon Collector, as Pokemon collectors gets you three basics and you might have a chance getting two additional basics for a full bench early in the game.

4.5/5, because it's a very good card, just that there's a chance that you might not get anything.

5. How's the artwork?

Call Of Legends (re)print: 4/5, the Balls are too flat.
Unleashed: 5/5, very vibrant and energetic.
[/b]

Giant Garchomp - you are incorrect about this card being a good combo with the new Victini. Its ability only lets you reflip coins that were flipped as part of an attack.

Still is this card for review? Oh well, let's do it...

Well, the only thing that is better in the format is Pokémon Collector. The good thing that this one is an item, but it is flippy, so IMO is as worth being played as Pokémon Collector (or maybe a little less).

Zekrom Donk. I dunno if it is used in any other deck, but the first thing that I think is Zekrom Donk. Why? Because you can bring Shaymin and Pachirisu if you're lucky (and it can be used more than one time).

A nice combo would be Dual Ball + Junk Arm. Just if you don't get lucky at the first time, and you also can use it more than one time.

4/5. It's a great card, but it has a great con: it's very flippy. If you don't think that's a problem, use it!

5. How's the artwork?
I love it. 5/5.

Dual Ball's use certainly depends on the deck. Decks that need setup without blowing a supporter slot, such as Zekrom, love this card. I could see swarm decks like Cinccino or Jumpluff using it well too. Other decks could use it as a cheap solution to collector, but not as effectively as above.

Zekrom certainly. Jumpluff/Cinccino too as mentioned above.

This card doesn't really combo in itself, unless you count using its search along with IQ to get energy and then use Self Generation and Celebration Wind to power up Zekrom.

I'll say 4/5. It's playable in most decks, and it's a borderline necessity in some decks. It has a high chance of getting a single basic, with a chance of getting two.

5. How's the artwork?

I think the actual pokeballs in the HGSS version look better, but the background is much nicer here and more interesting. I'll give it a 4/5.

Being restricted to Basic pokemon, it is more situational than other similar trainers or supporters, but at the same time could prove more useful than the same similar trainers based on what you need. Being that it's Basic exclusive, it would definitely have more use in early game setup than mid to late game by allowing you to put those extra Basics on your bench without needing to use Collector if you need another supporter such as Interviewers Questions.

On the other hand, Collector gives 3 Basics and has a 100% success, whereas Dual Ball has a 0-100% chance based on luck, meaning you could get 2 basics if your lucky or none if your not, or just one if your average. Pokeball has a 50-50 chance and can search for ANY pokemon. Greatball after the change is restricted to the top 7 cards and if what you need is deeper in, or if there are no pokemon in the top 7, then it is wasted.

It has potential in any deck if you have room for it, but the decks I see the most potential in are speed decks such as Jumpluff, as well as decks based around Basics such as ZPS and Cincinno. Not as effective, but still useful could be in Reshiboar/Reshiplosion and Donphan decks.

Obviously the biggest combo would be with a ZPS deck, searching for Zekrom, Pachirisu or Shaymin without the need to waste a collector right off the bat, since Items are unlimited in a single turn. Meta-wide combos could be using it with Communication to search out an Evolution or with two heads, a basic and its evolution, again without using up your one-per-turn supporter.

Overall, with its uncertain results, but potential outcome for an Item trainer, I'll give it a 4/5.

5. How's the artwork?
Interesting background, but a bit flat and stale. 3/5.

I can't do B/W cards for some reason, so yes it is lol. When we get next set scans, hopefully I can revive this section.

dmaster out.

1. How does the card stand compared to other Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played? it has potential if you can play it right compared to the other Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums cards it could fit nicely in a speed deck

2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in? well it depends on the deck you want to run it with but for slow decks like reshboar it's a pluse donchamp i don't know to be honest

3. What combos can you use it with? How so? well let's see if you want the frist turn to go in your fav you could use it to get let's say shuppet and misdreavus or totodile if you have a rare candy and your main attacker is active turn your little dile into gator next turn

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars). 4 stars because some people have underestamated this card i have seen it beforew in my days of playing

5. How's the artwork? i like it could be better but hey it's better then nothing right

5. How's the artwork?

1. Dual ball is definitely a good trainer card, collector is better, however it uses your supporter for the turn. Therefore they are pretty much 'equal' as you can play more than one during your turn.

2. All decks. The format is very flippy at the moment, but I think dual ball is a 'staple'

3. You can combo it with Pokemon Communication to communicate those basics back in, and find the evolutions you need.

4. 3.5/5, Dual ball is very flippy, it all depends on your luck with coin flips. It's a 50/50 chance of success, and is very risky.

5. It's a trainer card... nothing much. It's a card of two pokeballs, so thats what the artwork is.

This card is good. It lets you get a basic or two and you can still use one of the major draw Supporters (PONT, CopyCat, Juniper, Sage's Training). First turn, this is priceless. If you run 4 Dual Ball and 3-4 Junk Arm, as well as a heavy line of these Supporters, setting up is a breeze. Usually you can get anywhere from 1-3 Dual Balls off in the first turn. I actually got 4 off first turn, once. It is definitely one of the top Trainers out there, and I play it in most of my decks.
Yanmega, Kingdra, Reshiboar, Yanmazone, KingdraBuzz, etc. Pretty much anything that doesn't rely on getting a massive amount of basics out. (Cincinno or Jumpluff or MewBox)
Dual Ball(s) > Junk Arm(s) > Communication, drop-Power, Rare Candy (after Communication), etc. > Supporter > Repeat.
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being I would never play it if you payed me, 10 a staple in every deck I will ever build, I give it an 8.5 - 9. I give it this rating because it will increase speed, consistancy, is reusable, is valuable early and late game (to set up/when you need something to Communication away), and it leaves you with the most options after it has been used.
5. How's the artwork?
It's good artwork, although the playability matters quite a bit more to me. I like how the color in the background goes from red to blue, and the general vibe that the artwork gives off.

I think this is a great alternative to Pokemon Collector, both financially and play-wise. I think people underestimate this card because it's a flippy card, but honestly, it's a lot better than it gets credit for. If you're going to play hand refreshers like PONT and Juniper, or you use a Supporter-reliant deck, this is possibly better than Collector as now you don't have to use a Supporter and you'll draw some basics when you use cards like that anyways, IMO.

I don't know what particular deck you could use it with, but any deck that relies a lot on hand refreshing (which is pretty much any deck) could use this to basically get 1, maybe 2 free Basics before throwing your hand away. It works will with Supporters, and every deck uses Supporters. Dual Ball is not a go-to card, but it's more so a card you can use to supplement your bench.

You can use it with any card you would with Collector. Maybe with slightly less efficiency, but you still have a 75% chance to get at least one Pokemon, which you can send back with Communiction. Can also be used with Junk Arm, which, while usually would be undesirable, Junk Arm is all about situations, and you would have one more option. Also has more natural synergy with Supporters.

Depending on the deck, it could be a 3.5 to a 4.5. For decks that require elaborate setups like Reshiphlosion, this might be a dodgy card, but for decks that can get off to the races rather easily like my deck (KingBuzz) and can get going with just two Pokemon and is very reliant on Supporters, this card is wonderful. It really helps me add to my bench, and plays it's role of a luxury Pokemon searcher perfectly. Like I said, it's not a go-to card: Collector is a go-to card, but I have go-to cards, and for decks that NEED to use their once-a-turn Supporter on something else, this should be a no-brainer. If this card said search your deck for one basic Pokemon, this card would be easily be a 5, but flipping, even with the possibility of two heads, leaves the possibility of two tails, which is why I can't give this card a perfect raring: the mathematical mechanics are simply less consistent, even though the average number of Pokemon searched out is the same.

5. How's the artwork?
The artwork is great! I especially love the CL artwork, that appears to have the SportsCenter logo in the background. I call it the SportsCenter art. Definitely a 5 there! :)

This is a really good card that should be played in most decks. I play it and I think that most competitive players should.
All.
You use it instead of Collector so you can use another supporter.
4/5. It is a good card, but I thing old Great Ball was better.
5. How's the artwork?
4.5/5. 2 at the same time

dmaster said:
We're in the process of revitalizing this section but it won't be involving the scans on the main page. Look out for it in the future (although it could take a long time). We appreciate the patience.

dmaster out.

john d said:
You use it instead of Collector so you can use another supporter.

it is too luck based to be good, i prefer 4 collectors

The card has some potential. Yanmega might have some use for it if you have 4 Yanma and 4 Yanmega
Every deck should have some PokeBall card. This is twice as good. Especially if your deck has lots of Pokemon.
Absoulutly with Pokemon Communication. If you ran Donphan and needed one for the current situation, use dual ball to get Phampy and communication for Donphan.
I'd give a plain PokeBall 2 stars, so this deserves maybe 3.5 stars. Not 4 though, it's an uncommon trainer card.
5. How's the artwork?
I love the art. I think it's beautiful how the color of the backround blends between the PokeBalls. I'm also a bit of a 3D fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back