• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Druddigon/ Amoongus

Ok, add in 3 Mewtwo's... 1 to destroy Ho Oh (just a little bit) the other 2 for Mewtwo Wars... I NEVER MENTIONED EELS!!! If anything Mewtwo sucks more in Zekeels than any other deck. And no 1 Terrakion gets OHKO'd by too many things. Bianca is a staple, and it's more helpful than Cheren. I'll give Cheren the fact that it can draw 3 at any time, but when you can have the chance to draw 6... What are you going to chose? Well yes, his hand might be good, but why would you want more cards with that kind of a hand?

^Reeeaaaallly... That s why every Zekeels deck has at least 2 Mewtwos. -_-
Also, I was only implying that you want to completely change his deck, including the strategy.

And hey, if you like to grab that chance with Bianca, go with Juniper, u get 7 instead. I, like some other players, want to play safe, keep some good cards in my hand, and draw even more to have more possibilities. Therefore, I consider Cheren much better than Bianca.

What you are suggesting is:
+3 Mewtwo EX
+3 Terrakion
+6 fighting Energies

By the time you loses the mewtwo war, u will be in a 2-2 prizes game, with some terrakions as backup, u d finish the duel already. Yahhh, I love to play Druddigon/Ammonguss!

Zekeels plays Mewtwo for other Mewtwo's Remember CMT and it's matchup against Zekeels when they didn't play M2?? Yeah, CMT won a lot.

Also, you keep changing your arguement with Bianca... Just chill play test and watch, Bianca works better.

Oh yes BTW You don't always get into Mewtwo Wars, and Without it, Mewtwo will sweep this deck a lot.

>Laughed hard when he said that thing about Mewtwo sucking in Eels ^_^

1 terrakion is game changing vs some of the most played decks (eels and Drakrai) it is possible to trade 1 prize for 2 using retaliate (and I know you understand this) The mechanic of this deck would more or less like to continue what it is doing (drudigon and amoongus) with the chance of using terrakion if the opprotunity came up. It is used as a scare tactic and also for the revenge, and if you wanted, you could make this into a revenge kill deck with a splash of drud and amoon, but I think they want the other way with having a splash of terrakion. Terrakion might not die easily, but there are a lot of cards which can help KO them easily (like darkrai wearing him down on the bench with night spear, or a zekrom EX catchering him then using his 150 attack, garchomp with 2 altarias on the bench, or even hyrdreigon using the 140 attack). I love terrakion, but I like quads of him, with a splash of Terrakion EX.

Anyways, onto the Bianca. I love Bianca, maybe not the hat, but she's a sweet girl and an amazing draw card... for certain decks. In my Ho Oh deck (which is one of my fave decks to play) Bianca shines brightly, as I keep using ultraball and junipers to quickly get things into the discard. I have plenty of items which i use constantly so I can have the edge on the opponent, and I dont care if items get sent to the discard, as my pokemon are strong by themselves. Bianca refreshes my hand beautifully so that I have a nice 5 card draw (sometimes 6!). But in other decks, one which uses rare candies / devolution spray / etc etc etc) I need to make sure I have certain cards in my hand waiting for a combo. I can't just ultraball my handsize down, or I risk losing an important rarecandy, or a clutch catcher. And the only way to get them back is Sableye, which sadly doesnt run in my deck. Thats when Cheren comes in. He's the bro who's got your back and understands that sometimes, a fresh hand isn't what is needed. For those decks, I tend to run 3 Juniper (OMG IM CRAZY) 4 N, and 4 cheren (plus random recievers) due to juniper sometimes being the worst thing to happen to my hand. N works since I dont discard the cards, which is a safer bet.

Now for the reason why you would want more cards like that in your hand... if you drop an amoongus and have the clutch going on with the druddigon, and your opponent trusts in the heart of the cards and draws a switch... you might need get another amoongus down STAT! (this never happens in darkrai though, as I have yet to see someone using a switch) If you could have 1 energy a turn, that would be great, right? drop an energy, and continue with the turn, what if you dont have one... sucks right? Well what happens when you have 5 energies in your hand, and you know you need to drop these guys each turn. bianca wouldnt help too much, and you could risk a N or Juniper if you are needing anything OTHER THAN energies, but cheren says it's okay bro, I'll just get you some more cards in the hand, so you can keep dropping energies and making it rain on dem Ho-Ohs.

Anyways, hope this helps in the explanation process :3

^Very good explanation for Terrakion (the reason why i recommand only 1 is because of the 1-2 prize exchange. Otherwise, Druddigon can keep up with other meta decks, which means with a 1-1 prize exchange). Second and third paragraph are perfect, that s exactly what I meant/want to say. Thank you.

@Martini I have to agree about the Mewtwos in Zekeels.
And i don t think Mewtwo will wipe this, considering the 1/2 confusion status, the fact that Mewtwo cannot retreat (switch is countered by Catcher for the KO), and the 2 given prizes for EX (this means that you ko 2 druddigon and i ko 1 mewtwo in 2 turns to catch up).

interesting deck idea however there are a couple ways to go about beating it:

1. Raikou EX - If you read his ability (and Rocky Helmet) then you can see that it only works if he's in the active spot. So Raikou does a perfect 100 damage and OHKO's you without taking any damage. Plus raikou will be packing switch since it's zeels.

2. Darkrai EX - much like Raikou, but less annoying since darkrai doesn't normally use switch and it can be locked by amoungus (spelling?) but the 30 damage snipe is still there

3. Zekrom BLW - Outrage ko + eviolite, nuff said.

overall I think it's a great deck idea, and if you can find a way to counter those 3 (mainly zekrom and Raikou) then I think you have a very viable rouge on your hands.

Zeto said:
@Martini I have to agree about the Mewtwos in Zekeels.
And i don t think Mewtwo will wipe this, considering the 1/2 confusion status, the fact that Mewtwo cannot retreat (switch is countered by Catcher for the KO), and the 2 given prizes for EX (this means that you ko 2 druddigon and i ko 1 mewtwo in 2 turns to catch up).

And watch as they play a Switch to a free retreat guy (such as Emolga) retreat, and come back to KO... And who said you are gonna have a catcher ready to go in your hand for the switch? Even then your opponet can Catcher up Amoonguss and your pretty much stuck...

Mewtwo is become less and less viable in Zekeels because of Darkrai.

^By using some draw powers like Cheren :p
I d keep my catchers honestly, as a counter against switches, if i were to play this deck.
What are they going to do by catchering up my ammonguss? Waste his time while i power up my druddigons. It s a either a KO ammonguss, either it s wait. And in any way, ammonguss used his ability already. He can kill it, it doesnt make that much of a difference. In fact, it gives me an extra Ability (Super Rod).

It makes a difference because they're taking a prize by killing your Amoonguss without any repercussions. How that is not a big deal to is not making sense to me.

This deck is way to easy to play around by just about every deck that is being tested right now. Even trainer cards that put this deck into an unfavourable spot. Catcher stall with Snipers shuts the deck down, Darkrai EX, Raikou EX, decks that play switch... Honestly, if you are somewhat of an intelligent player, you can see just how easy it is to play around this deck. If Druddigon did any real damage, maybe but your theorizing of damage calculated over a few turns is in the best case scenario for you; which isn't going to be an ideal situation.

Because of Eviolites and Switch being so prominent in decks, you're going to see times where they take a max of 50 damage... That's super threatening to everything that's even considered a deck at this point in time. You can continue to shut down people's opinions and be rude to other users, but face it, the deck doesn't really stand up to some of the bigger threats in the format. Interesting deck idea for a league or something, but I don't see it being competitive at all because of how easy it is to play around and the harmless damage output.

^Look, Pokemon Company made a meta game where only the top can win. I am not saying that you should bring this to BR and try to get 1st. This is a good idea, and that s why I am trying to make it at least playable.
About the damage output, if they switched out twice, it s 20 less poison damage over 2 turns. if Confused failed twice, it s still 20 damage to your opponent's Active (rough skin, not counting Rocky helmet because this is the following Druddigon with Exp Share).
Tdamage=230-20-10=200 damage over 2 turns.
And remember, this is the Total damage this deck can deal in 2 turns, in the worst cases.

I think you might be misinterpreting how Druddigon works. In order for you to try to psudolock me, you'd have to have an Amoonguss in play. What is stopping your opponent from using that as a wall to shoot around with Registeel, Raikou, Darkrai?

All of that set up for 200 damage over two turns to different Pokemon is still not impressive.

I'm sure the deck can net some wins but on an even playing field where all of the competitors are of equal skill level, this deck will still come out on the bottom for those reasons. Cool league deck. Being competitive doesn't mean that you have to take it to tournaments and it has to win all the games. A player with a competitive mind set is one that analyzes the current game state and figures out how they can come up with an effective way to combat it. This is how rogue concepts are created and this is how the metagame changes and adapts. Even though there is no solidified metagame this early into the season, we as players have common speculations as to what is going to be big and what isn't.

^In order to play druddigon, you must play a ammonguss onto your bench once during your turn, not having a worthless one in play.

You are absolutely right about the rogue part.

And sure, every deck has weaknesses, durant hates heatmor, EX hates sigliph (not sure how to write it sorry), abilities shuts down against garbordor (again, I don't know 5th gen Pokemons really well). You will tell me a whole bunch of counters to that, yes, but I want to ask your opinion on how to make this deck better (isn't this the whole point of posting something here?). So... WHAT do you suggest?

I've already listed my suggestions for the deck. If Switch is such an issue for this deck, you should try to combat the number of switch they have by playing Ninetales, for its ability or an attacker is up to you. This way you have a bit of a better chance to keep their pokemon locked into place.

It's not a matter of trying to match the number of switch they have, its about the ease of getting them when you need them. Since Level Balls are already present in the deck, the ability to search for them is useful, not to mention if you have to go through your deck via Juniper to find a catcher, you may also just draw into the ninetales you need.

Devo Spray also lets you reuse them, giving you more options for situations for the deck.

^ also druddigon attacks for [C][C][C] if I'm not mistaken, so you could in theory run a 2-2 or 3-2 line of ninetails and then have a backup heavy hitter as well (fitting in 4-5 fire shouldn't be a problem..)

Back