• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Druddigon/ Amoongus

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
4 Druddigon NVI
3 Foongus NXD
3 Amoongus NXD
10 Pokémon

4 Level Ball NXD
2 Ultra Ball DEX
4 Rocky Helmet NVI
4 Devolution Spray DRX
3 Super Scoop Up BLW
4 Pokemon Catcher EPO
2 Tool Scrapper DRX
3 Switch BLW
2 Super Rod NVI
4 Professor Juniper BLW
4 N NVI
4 Cheren EPO
40 Trainers

4 Double Colorless NXD
6 Grass (In case you have to use Amoongus's attack. nooooooooooooo)
10 Energy

60 Total

Strategy:
The Idea is to leave your opponent with a big gigantic problem. See, you attach a Rocky Helmet to Druddigon. This means that whenever your opponent attacks you, they do 40 damage to themselves. But, when you get Amoongus rolling, your opponent has to do either 30 to themself and nothing to Druddigon, or 40 to themself and whatever damage to Druddigon. That is pretty mean, but you can retreat out of it. But guess what? Clutch prevents retreating, so the only way out is a Switch or an attack that lets you swap Pokemon. Better yet, this deck doesn't require much setup, so it'll be easy to lock your opponents quickly and consistently. Just imagine Catchering a Hydreigon, Sporprising it, and your opponent gets tails on the flip. 60+10+30+10 = 110, which leaves poor defensless little Hydreigon in KO range of Clutch! Let's say your opponent sends up a Darkrai next. He puts 90 on the Active Druddigon, and 30 to a Benched one. He does 40 to himself in the process of doing so. So, we Sporprise his Darkrai. Then we use Clutch. That's 110 right there. Darkrai then hits whatever he wants to either killing Druddigon and you send the next one up, or he hurts himself and does nothing. With poison, that's either 160 or 150. Both of those are KOable by a Druddigon. Just imagine after Virbank City Gym is released- that's a KO going into your turn! You also don't have to worry about Eviolites then, since the exta 20 more than covers it.

This is a really interesting deck! I can only imagine playing against this.... I would be so annoyed!

Might I suggest you cut back the Cheren count a bit? 12 Supporters kinda seems like a lot. Maybe this...
- 2 Cheren
+ 2 Random Reciever

You usually can't get away with running less than 12 in BW on, however, I will try it.

While this may work against Hydregion because most (if not all) darkrai lists don't play switch, but just about every other deck plays quite a few because of the lack of Junk Arm. Losing your Mushrooms pretty much mean you get them stuck in place with an attacker who 2KOs your dragons. Interesting concept for sure but, I'm not really convinced that it works out super super well because of a single common card ruining the strategy.

For every time they switch, you have to

A)Find a way of Evolving/De-evolving an Amoongus
B)Finding a way of getting the first attacker back into place

Perhaps consider Ninetales in the deck, maybe not necessarily to attack, though it wouldn't be a bad idea, but for the ability to Bright Look. Mew EX may also be a decent option to get type coverage thans to its Versatile Ability. Makes the deck a bit harder to play around but still I feel that there are quite a few problems when a single common card ruins your deck's strategy.

Mew EX has more HP and provides type coverage, but it doesn't work because it doesn't have Rough Skin to boost the damage from Rocky Helmet to make it dangerous for your opponent to attack. Also I'm pretty sure most decks will usually run 3 Switch. They'll run out eventually. Also, I don't really care what they Switch to because I'll just continue locking up that Pokemon, or Catcher the first one up. Keeping it on their bench means that they have a weakened Pokemon that I can just Catcher up later for a Prize unless they heal it, but at the same time they're doing that, I'm wearing away their Active's health. They'll run out of Switch and healing cards eventually. That's when my deck takes over. Also, Ninetales wouldn't really work since that's another card I have to evolve/devolve every time I need a Catcher. There's also not enough space in the deck for a 2-2 line of Ninetales that would only be useful if I don't happen to have a Catcher or I don't want to start on a new Pokemon. This also uses up Devolution Sprays and SSUs that I's rather use for my Shrooms. I also don't want to focus on a Ninetales/ Amoongus deck. You may argue that I won't be using it as a main attacker, but more likely than not, I'll end up just having a bad, inconsistent deck that doesn't really work. I'd rather just stick to my deck's main strategy and just play around Switch.

When you put it like that, the deck becomes even easier to play around when they can catcher your support pokemon and knock those out without ever having to lay a hand on Druddigon. In the case of Darkrai/Hydregion, they can put the snipe damage to Druddigon and knock out your Amoongus. While they maybe wasting switches to get out of your lock, you're wasting catchers and devo sprays to keep them locked. Not only is it harder for you to draw into what you need, you're more likely to whiff on one of the cards you need compared to one switch.

In regards to having a bad and inconsistant deck that doesn't really work, I'm pretty sure this sums that up already. Playing around switch doesn't make much sense, or is even viable when to play around it, you need to grab a catcher and a way to evolve another amoongus to get them 'stuck'.

I think this deck is viable. However, I think it needs Terrakion NVI. Mainstreaming this deck simply isn't good enough and Terrakion is a great attacker, and also has you use a Basic Energy that can be used outside of just fueling Druddigon's Clutch. In super-theorymon mode, here are the matchups.
vs. Hydrei/Darkrai 90-10
No Switches and... Terrakion

vs. AltChomp 60-40
Most don't run many Switches, and poison/Clutch adds up perfectly for Garchomp, Emolga and Altaria.

vs. Eels 30-70
They run lots of Switches but you have Terrakion.

vs. Empoleon 40-60
They have 2-4 Switches and Empoleon OHKOs everything except Terrakion, which is bad in this matchup anyway. Poison and Clutch adds up nicely on Terrakion and Empoleon however.

vs. Ho-Oh 15-85
They have Switches and SSUs galore, resist Terrakion, lots of HP, and speed.

That's all Theorymon though.

needs 4 foongus imo. makes for better chance. especially since you want 2-3 out on the bench @ a time to constantly be able to psn/confuse the opponent. they are low hp and easily sniped. good idea however, i contemplated it a couple months back. i think the last format really favored this type of deck a lot more than our current.

e/ imagine when the new stadium in the team plasma era is released.
put 2 more damage counters between turns for poison.. throw that stadium in this deck and its OP.

grantm1999 said:
I think this deck is viable. However, I think it needs Terrakion NVI. Mainstreaming this deck simply isn't good enough and Terrakion is a great attacker, and also has you use a Basic Energy that can be used outside of just fueling Druddigon's Clutch. In super-theorymon mode, here are the matchups.
vs. Hydrei/Darkrai 90-10
No Switches and... Terrakion

vs. AltChomp 60-40
Most don't run many Switches, and poison/Clutch adds up perfectly for Garchomp, Emolga and Altaria.

vs. Eels 30-70
They run lots of Switches but you have Terrakion.

vs. Empoleon 40-60
They have 2-4 Switches and Empoleon OHKOs everything except Terrakion, which is bad in this matchup anyway. Poison and Clutch adds up nicely on Terrakion and Empoleon however.

vs. Ho-Oh 15-85
They have Switches and SSUs galore, resist Terrakion, lots of HP, and speed.

That's all Theorymon though.

You should probably remove the arbitrary numbers form your post seeing as how you said they were theorymon and you're basing the match up solely off of their switch count numbers

Have you considered adding in a Crushing Hammer/Enhanced Hammer line in place of the Super Scoop-Ups and Tool Scrappers? If you can deny energy on the Pokemon you are holding with Clutch then Druddigon will last longer.

RichD said:
Have you considered adding in a Crushing Hammer/Enhanced Hammer line in place of the Super Scoop-Ups and Tool Scrappers? If you can deny energy on the Pokemon you are holding with Clutch then Druddigon will last longer.

the deck won't work with all the garbs running around. any deck that runs powers needs scrappers.

If you were thinking of adding another line that could give good reflective damage with Rocky Helmet, maybe try Lucario NXD? It has 100 HP, but that's so-so for a stage 1, imo. The Reflexive Retalation ability puts 2 damage counters on their active when Lucario is active (even if it is knocked out in that turn). It also does a 20 damage snipe to the bench with a 50 damage attack to their active for 2 Fighting.

And what about Dustox DRE? It gives poison,confused, and burn for 1 Psychic. More status damage! Just brainstorming.=D

^both of these Pokemons cannot keep the lock.

The list looks well built. I have thought about this decks and the only thing I came across is: what if a druddigon dies. You sure cannot catch up with your opponent with a 2 energy card attack (double colorless and whatever the other one is).
Therefore, I strongly advise you to take out SSUs and add in 3 exp. share, since, it s the only way to keep u in game. 4 is obviously recommended. SSUs are flippy and are not worth the 1.5 sfoon... Whatever that ability is.
Adding 3 exp.share (or 4) means that u have potential for a terrakion. That guy was annoying with his switches, yes, but terrakion is a good idea. Use it when u can get a KO for sure.

Zeto said:
^both of these Pokemons cannot keep the lock.

You might have to explain. From what I read the only "lock" described is a status lock. Which, Dustox is more than capable of putting down major status damage. The only thing I can think of that's missing is the fact that Lucario doesn't prevent retreat. However I find that kind of tedious now because most decks, like said above....are running 3-4 Switch.

The Garchomp Matchup is worse then what you said. What they can do is have a Gabite active, Call for Garchomp and pass. You hit them for 70 (poison included). They Evolve, removing all of the effects of what you just did, and KO you. They can keep doing that over and over, and they are more consistent by far. Just because of that, use 1 pluspower at least.

Over 2 turns:
Tdamage=0
1st: Druddigon attacks
Tdamage=60 #And your opponent have 0/2 chance of retreating, while with a sleep condition, he has 1/2 chance
poison Tdamage=70
He tries to attack and gets heads (or switched, in the worst cases)
Tdamage=110 (rough skin+rocky helmet)
Druddigon is KO
poison Tdamage=120
2nd: Druddigon with Exp Share as back up attacks (No rocky helmet, but too bad. If opponent switched, drop another Amoonguss)
Tdamage=180
poison Tdamage=190
He tries to attack and gets tails this time (in theory, this is)
Tdamage=220 (confused, and no damage on druddigon, means that you can prepare another druddigon with Rocky Helmet)
poison Tdamage=230

The total output can be as high as 230 damage in 2 turns. Try to beat that with Dustox and his 1/2 lock (quick analysis, in the best cases, 40 for burned, 40 for poisoned, and 60 damage for 2nd turn druddigon attack, and this is if they flip 3 tails for sleep. That s 140)

Lucario attacks and they retreat. You are going to waste an Ammonguss drop just for 10 damage poison? Dude, what we need is the confused. We appreciate your help but think twice before you try to do so. And remember Super Rod.

I will end up playing this deck :p

and one last note, listen to what RogueChamp said too, it makes sense.

Zeto said:
Over 2 turns:
Tdamage=0
1st: Druddigon attacks
Tdamage=60 #And your opponent have 0/2 chance of retreating, while with a sleep condition, he has 1/2 chance
poison Tdamage=70
He tries to attack and gets heads (or switched, in the worst cases)
Tdamage=110 (rough skin+rocky helmet)
Druddigon is KO
poison Tdamage=120
2nd: Druddigon with Exp Share as back up attacks (No rocky helmet, but too bad. If opponent switched, drop another Amoonguss)
Tdamage=180
poison Tdamage=190
He tries to attack and gets tails this time (in theory, this is)
Tdamage=220 (confused, and no damage on druddigon, means that you can prepare another druddigon with Rocky Helmet)
poison Tdamage=230

The total output can be as high as 230 damage in 2 turns. Try to beat that with Dustox and his 1/2 lock (quick analysis, in the best cases, 40 for burned, 40 for poisoned, and 60 damage for 2nd turn druddigon attack, and this is if they flip 3 tails for sleep. That s 140)

Lucario attacks and they retreat. You are going to waste an Ammonguss drop just for 10 damage poison? Dude, what we need is the confused. We appreciate your help but think twice before you try to do so. And remember Super Rod.

I will end up playing this deck :p

and one last note, listen to what RogueChamp said too, it makes sense.

I appreciate that you took time to explain this, I pretty much got it the first time. But this is pretty much best-case scenario, which is rare in this game.

I was not saying to put just Lucario in with Amoongus or Druddigon with Dustox. I was saying it is interesting to see the capabilities of Lucario WITH Dustox as compared to Druddigon/Amoongus, because it's somewhat the same concept, really. I played against someone in PTCGO who used this and it was fairly effective.

Also, you telling me to "think twice before doing so" kind of seems like it borderlines on rude. I was not implying elitism in my commments. I would expect you to do the same. Though, seeing all of your other posts on these forums, you seem to be the cocky type. Unfortunate visual. I've never run into someone in the Pokemon community who just tries to run everyone else's ideas into the ground with an iron fist.

^If you found that offensive, I apologize, sincerely. And to be honest, I just want to help this guy to have a decent deck to play, at least. I personally hate elitism because it takes out all the fun and originality part of Pokemon TCG. And look what we have here? We got one guy who desire to play something new. I don t want him to throw this deck idea away after a few matches against some dragons or eels, you know what I mean?

Anyway, NOT TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING, if you want to discuss about Dustox and Lucario, u may as well start another thread in Competitive TCG. :)

I do agree this deck does need Terrakion.

- 1-1 Amoonguss ( Not really needed, easily searched)
-1 Super Rod ( 2 is overkill IMO)
-4 Cherens (Not exactly needed, you need Bianca much much more)
-6 Grass Energy (If Amoonguss needs to attack you should just start scooping)
= -13

+ 3 Terrakion (Druddigon is gonna be gettin KO'd sometime, and this improves your Darkrai Hydreigon matchup)
+ 6 Fighting Energy (For Terrakion)
+ 3 Bianca (This card is a staple BW on.)
+1 Ultra Ball (This will help search out guys you need)
= +13

You can also try using Dustox from DRX. Removing Amoonguss completely, and It would help a lot in different matchups. Also you need to find room for Mewtwo EX, that would help a lot against your Ho Oh matchup.

^Do you seriously want to destroy this deck?
'oh add mewtwo EX for Ho oh, oh add another for Mewtwo wars, oh add another to be consistent, oh add Eels for acceleration...'
1 Terrakion is enough.
Cheren is much more staple than Bianca, Bianca is too situational, Cheren always gives you 3 more cards. And imagine his hand (devolution sprays for later, Amoongusses for later, Catchers, Energies...), how many cards can u draw with Bianca?

I agree with the extra UltraBall though and the ground energies too (lol for your comment about scooping)

Back