Different Ways The Community Gets/Buys Pokemon Cards

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
I was just wondering about the different ways how most people get their Pokemon

cards. Do most people find it easier to buy booster packs, singles, lots, or just getting it

for free from friends. Please discuss for this is a novel post that I haven't seen on

Pokebeach yet.

What with the random pull rates I find the only thing worth buying are promo tins, then at least if the packs are bad you still have a playable EX to show for it, also at least where I live it's only 5$ more for the tin than to buy three boosters.

I get mine from stuff at Stores: Walmart, Target, K-mart

Theres a cardshop in my local Farmers Market that sells pokemon packs and singles and other genres and supplies.

Also Ebay for singles and Trades and gifts from people here :)

The cheapest way to do things is to playtest your lists online & in person at leagues with proxies. Then once you are finally comfortable with an entire list, buy that deck from ebay or somewhere else from singles.
The packs and all that are only worth it if you have the extra money to blow and want to feed your gambling addiction.

Ahh, so it is better to buy singles and stuff if you are a competitive player?

P.S. So PrimetimePokemon is only really a collector considering he spends about 1.5k every summer on about

15 booster boxes?

He is a one off though, PrimetimePokemon gets money from Youtube, through adds and Partnerships. He doesn't really spend much of his own money, he is unique. He gets so many FCBM's as well it's unreal.

I generally buy things online mostly. I occasionally buy from GAME, but they usually only sell tins and packs, and for extortionate prices, the same as The Entertainer. We don't have anywhere really to get anything other than packs.

I use Ebay a lot, Chaos cards and Card Team. I trade usually on Youtube.

That's pretty cool. So is that the best way for you to get Pokemon cards?

do you ever use TrollandToad?

Troll and Toad has a nice, large selection and they're great for players, or people looking to get older cards if they don't care much about condition, which can be touch and go. Their prices on most things aren't bad, and they offer pre-orders for cards before sets are released, which can be nice for players wanting to get a certain upcoming card before it gets too expensive. I've used them a few times, and I've generally been pleased, but then again I'm not a stickler for Mint cards (unlike most collectors).

As for me, personally, the joy of opening a booster pack is more important than getting the specific cards I want, so I usually buy booster packs and hope for a good surprise; usually, I'm not disappointed. AmiAmi is my vendor of choice, since I almost exclusively collect Japanese cards these days. The times when I want to get specific promo things (tins, gift sets, combo blister packs, etc.), I usually wait until I'm in the States and buy them in-store there, since it's generally much cheaper than it is here. I used to buy specific singles, etc. when I was in the States, but I've since started cutting down on my collection (less disposable income), but I'll still trade for specific cards that I want.

In my experience, Ebay is the best place to get Pokemon Cards cause you can

sometimes get great deals for low prices.

By the way, one person won an auction on crystal type Crobat from Skyridge for only $4. That is amazing!

Flea markets usually have people selling old Pokemon cards whom many of them don't even know the values. So you can find an ultra rare card and get it for far less than what it's worth. The best one I picked up was a Gold Star Groudon from EX Delta Species which I only got for 50 cents and in pretty good condition.

8bitCelebi said:
Flea markets usually have people selling old Pokemon cards whom many of them don't even know the values. So you can find an ultra rare card and get it for far less than what it's worth. The best one I picked up was a Gold Star Groudon from EX Delta Species which I only got for 50 cents and in pretty good condition.

Thats how i got shadowless base unlimited Charizard in very good shape for 40$

I still think Ebay is the best place to get Pokemon cards because you get great cards(

example, crystal rare crobat for $4) for low prices. However, be aware that some sellers

are unaware of whether some of the cards they are selling are fake or not.

Back