Diancie Revealed in CoroCoro! [2/11]

Finally they revealed it! XDD (But the world already know it's existence XDD)
Anyway, I hope for a Wi-Fi event to get it!

The pokedex entry makes me think it will be a defensive Pokemon like Carbink . Days will tell if they are connected somehow..

Surely I'm not the only one who notices that the official artwork is slightly....off. For example, look at the gold around the pink crystal on Diancie's chest. It's uneven. And the rock is tilted.

They gonna make the movie about it!! Awesome!!!
I think they movie will play during Spring Vacation is Japan, usually around March-Early April, if I'm not wrong.

Will they run Diancie's event at that time tooo???

*finger crossed*

Diancie is diamond's pokemon.... she maybe related to 2 guarded rooms in Hotel Richissme?

So...Diancie can create diamonds and instead of having a movie about it where T.Rocket tries to explore it to profit, it gets used in a movie about Yveltal!? :rolleyes:
I'm so sick of these "pixiemons".

Leaf_Ranger said:
So...Diancie can create diamonds and instead of having a movie about it where T.Rocket tries to explore it to profit, it gets used in a movie about Yveltal!? :rolleyes:
Movie about Yvetal?

How do you know? Have a link? Or you just read the Japanese?

Maybe, just maybe, they will combine it. T.Rocket will try to explore it to profit then *accidentally* they waking up Yvetal?

Btw, are the names official English name of the pokemons, or still the Japanese names?

scattered mind said:
The pokedex entry makes me think it will be a defensive Pokemon like Carbink . Days will tell if they are connected somehow..

I think its extremely obvious.
Even if it doesn't go the Manaphy->Phione one way breeding route with Carbink (which would be awesome!), its still a buffed Carbink clone.

Besides the obvious stuff like being Rock/Fairy and genderless..
Its dex entry: "It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands."
True, diamonds are made from CARBON.

Then there is a photo of its stats:
http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/diancie-pokedex.jpg

Notice the moves and their order:
-Moonblast
-Diamond Storm
-Light Screen
-Safeguard

The last 3 moves Carbink learns are:
50-Moonblast
60-Light Screen
70-Safeguard
Diamond storm being Diancies signature move which it obviously learns some time between 50 and 60, just like how Manaphy and Phiones learnsets are identical except for Manaphy having 2 additional signature moves (Heart Swap and Tail Glow).

And then there are the stats.
For a pokemon like Diancie, its quite safe to assume its total will be 600 (note that Carbinks is 500).
In the picture we see:
222-236-300-236-344-138
with its nature being Gentle (sp.def+ and def-)
I've played a bit with IVs on a level 100 Gentle Carbink and it turns out it having 12IV in HP, 25IV in def and 8IV in sp.def yields those defensive stats (222/300/344).
The attacking stats are much higher (the smallest possible base stat is 100 in case of 31IV), but still seemingly equal (both 50 for Carbink), while that speed is also impossible on a Carbink, but just slightly.
An estimation of Diancies base stats looks like this:
50-100-150-100-150-60
which is a sum total of 610 though (i think im missing something still)
compared to Carbinks:
50-50-150-50-150-50

I'll edit this when I figure out all the min possible base stats for this.

EDIT:
Base defense has to be at least 150
Base special defense has to be at least 145, but I'm confident we can assume 150 here due to defense.
Base HP have to be at least 41, which, assuming round numbers, implies at least 45
Base attack and sp.atk are at least 100
Bae speed is at least 51, which implies at least 55

So the minimal base stat spread from that photo is
45-150-100-150-100-55 -- 600

Unless the Diancie in the photo has 8 speed EVs... then it would simply be Carbink with doubled attack stats.

Well one legend down, three to go. I was actually hoping that the lati's mega forms would be revealed because of the bunch of mega evos in the movie. Maybe they'll pull a Meloetta and have them in a mini movie.

I think Diancie looks much better in its official artwork than it does in the leaked sprites. >.>

That said, I'm kind of wondering when the rest of the world will get the news. Will Pokémon keep with the "global" nature of XY and post up Diancie on the official Pokémon website soon, like they did with the other XY news?

Athena said:
I think Diancie looks much better in its official artwork than it does in the leaked sprites. >.>

That said, I'm kind of wondering when the rest of the world will get the news. Will Pokémon keep with the "global" nature of XY and post up Diancie on the official Pokémon website soon, like they did with the other XY news?

Well, that is the March issue of corocoro, but as happened numerous times throughout last year, I bet the news will go international in a week.

I think Diancie has something to do with that giant crystal in that town where Sycamore upgrades your Mega Watch.

It's nice to know the 3 "event" Pokemon won't take too long to make an appearance.

inb4 Toys R Us or Gamestop exclusive event. Cheers to Game Freak for still not using the internet.

Its nice they are already rolling out the event mons... although, I still think this thing should have been a Carbink evolution (AND probably was at some point during development judging by its appearance and similarities...).

lovandra said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Movie about Yvetal?

How do you know? Have a link? Or you just read the Japanese?

Maybe, just maybe, they will combine it. T.Rocket will try to explore it to profit then *accidentally* they waking up Yvetal?

Btw, are the names official English name of the pokemons, or still the Japanese names?

The movie is called "The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie" so it will be mainly about Yveltal and Diancie will probably just be character and not the main focs of the movie.

Like Athena said... I thought Diancie looked so ugly in its 3d model, but it actually looks cute (as it's supposed to) in its Ken Sugimori art... it does miracles...

If you guys actually think about it, it's not so surprising they're revealing Diancie... February is the month they usually reveal some event pokémon that will star in the movie later in the year...

Wow, I'm very surprised they revealed her so soon. I honestly thought they'd make us wait close to a year. So glad my favorite of the three is being revealed first too! Is this all the scans for this issue? I hope we get more info soon.

Back