BW/BW2 Denchura as Ariados' Evolution

Gus Portual said:
I strongly disagree.

BUGS are insects - Spiders are arachnids.

Different animal. Not that it matters at all in this discussion lol

It will be bug type. I mean how could it not be.. every insect looking pokemon bar a few have always been bug.

What about Drapion? And it evolves from a bug type.

Not that I'm saying it's not bug type, I'm just discussing the issue :D

Mechanos7 said:
Spr_4h_167.png
/
Spr_b_g4_167.png
->
168.png
/
Spr_b_g4_168.png
->
ohasuta3.jpg

I rather believe it is an evolution; look at the colour difference between Spinarak and Ariados, then into yellow; which fits very well. My next point is the abdomen, notice it has some sort of purple marking, which could easily be a face. Similarly it has the two sets of legs like ariados, plus the extra set on top of it. Yet another thing is the general shape of the legs if you remove the fur, which makes it look identical to Ariados' legs.

My main point is, if you're going to make another spider pokemon, why make it so similar to ariados but not an evolution? It doesn't have eight legs like normal spiders, just like ariados. It has the two things on its back, just like ariados. It has some sort of symbol on its back, just like ariados. Thusly I can really see this as some sort of evolution; possibly thunderstone?

A final note against my previous points is that we don't have the sugimori; thus we cannot tell its actual appearance, which only time will reveal to us.

Also the headsize is very similar, plus... we can se its purple mandibles.
98% chance its atleast a split evo from spinarak.

Gus Portual said:
I strongly disagree.

BUGS are insects - Spiders are arachnids.

Different animal. Not that it matters at all in this discussion lol

dude bugs r Anthropods which consists of both insects and arachnids so spiders are bugs

I think it totally is. cuz I mean, why would they make another pokemon that looked exactly the same? or maybe its an alternate spinarak evo

LORDY JONES said:
I think it totally is. cuz I mean, why would they make another pokemon that looked exactly the same? or maybe its an alternate spinarak evo

thats what i said since spinarak was only bug type

I agree it does look like Ariadoes but i am still a bit skeptical and for you who say that they could be related to the marking on their backs, the mark on Denchura's back isn't a mark it's, it getting hurt by that drill attack.

i think so, it doesnt have to really look like ariados, i mean look at torchic-blaziken,

this one would be like little spider, jungle spider, tartantula

spinarak/ariados is the only spider evolutionary line. So yeah, it's probable. However it's not a guarantee..

swimfastray said:
Oh thank you for pointing that out, however translations can be misleading a lot of the time. Remember when everyone thought Crocodune had the ability Earthquake Spiral (which makes no sense) but it turned out to be Overconfidence? And Zekrom's ability Teravoltage was misinterpreted as Terra Voltage. There is probably an alternative meaning for Denchura that could have something to do with poison.

@peetzaman

Spinarak and Ariados are very differently colored so Denchura could also have different colors.

Those were just bad/rushed translations. "Den" in a name like this can only mean electricity. There is no way to mis-translate it.

Playerking95 said:
I agree it does look like Ariadoes but i am still a bit skeptical and for you who say that they could be related to the marking on their backs, the mark on Denchura's back isn't a mark it's, it getting hurt by that drill attack.

No, there is a mark on Denchura. It's a dark yellow color.

I wouldn't mind Denchura being related to Ariados, but I would much rather it just be a new pokemon evolution line itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Denchura SMALLER than Ariados? The vast majority of evolutions grow in size, or stay the same. I can't think of any that get smaller.

Also, Bug/Poison =/= Electric/Bug. To think they're related merely because they're both spiders/they look vaguely the same is silly.

HikaruAyame said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Denchura SMALLER than Ariados? The vast majority of evolutions grow in size, or stay the same. I can't think of any that get smaller.

Also, Bug/Poison =/= Electric/Bug. To think they're related merely because they're both spiders/they look vaguely the same is silly.

Gloom to Bellossom.

Plus, we also said that it could be a split evo for Spinarak. They also have the same appearance and body shape. Reading past posts helps quite a bit.

HikaruAyame said:

This^ Wurmple, Weedle and Caterpie are all Caterpillars. Ariodos and Denchura have completely different color schemes.

I doubt Spinarak and Denchura are related, but then again Poliwhirl --> Politoed so I could be wrong..

Playerking95 said:
In one picture there is a marking of a circular white colour on it's back but I'm saying it's not a marking.

I'm not talking about the damage marking. In front of the... mandibles? Whatever those purple things are, there is a dark yellow shape by the one of the right. That is the marking I'm talking about.

HikaruAyame said:
dragonair is bigger than dragonite

i personally don't think that denchura is a ariados evo but i could be wrong
it could be a spinarak split evo though

Back