BW/BW2 Denchura as Ariados' Evolution

Metalizard said:
your post is fail... So, it is an ariados evo just because spinarak changes the main color when evolves? It seems it is you who didn't read my post.

And old pokémon never evolve to new pokémon using items that already exist when the evo is made, like thunderstone...

First of all, you happen to appear to actually of just read the first line or just look at the images, I'm not going to argue you with; even if it appears you so dearly desire it.
And my post was mostly pointing out every single similarity between them; which happens to be quite a lot, their colour is unimportant.

The thunderstone thing was a simple speculation, if it is absurd or not doesn't trouble me; nor does if it evolves from Ariados or not. I simply was posting the similarities and my opinion on the matter; which appears to trouble you.

I think we need to calm down here.

There is no concrete evidence that it is related to the Spinarak line, but at the same time - there's no real reason why it couldn't be either. I would never have dreamed that Rhydon would evolve, for example.
I personally don't think it will be related to Ariados, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of speculation. Let's not be too forceful with our opinions on something which hasn't been confirmed.

Skylands said:
A Bug/Poison type evolving into a Bug/Electric? No.

But Surskit is a Water and Bug-type that evolves into a Flying and Bug-type.
I still doubt this Pokemon is an evolution of Ariados, though. >.>

ManhattanTheStarr said:
But Surskit is a Water and Bug-type that evolves into a Flying and Bug-type.
I still doubt this Pokemon is an evolution of Ariados, though. >.>

Or nincada is a Ground/Bug and becomes a Flying/Bug or Ghost/Bug

Metalizard said:
Dream on...
1st, weak early game pokémon never get new evolutions... 2nd, like someone said, just because both are spiders, doesn't mean they're in the same evolution family... by that logic, Toxicroak could have been a Poliwhirl evolution... or Purugly, a Meowth's or Skitty's evo... and there are more examples...

1st, wow. we have only had 5 generations and not a lot of pokemon have gotten new evolutions from a newer Generation. Eevee has had the most. Ariados isn't that bad. And Pokemon don't have to be strong just to get an evolution in a new generation. If that were the case, Pokemon wouldn't be fun anymore because it'd be nothing but metagame.

2nd: How could Toxicroak be in the Poliwag family? And Meowth or Skitty goes into Purugly? There have to be SOME similarities, if only slight. No one ever said:"OMG THEY ARE SPIDERS SO THEY ARE IN THE SAME EVOLUTIONARY LINE!!!!" (S)he just said it was possible that Ariados evolves into Denchura and a post earlier gave a great example of how they are similar. Maybe 1 or 2 above yours.

Who says it's a bug? It could just be pure Electric.

StellaTheSneasel said:
That'd be cool, but to go strangely to bug/poison to electric/bug already? Or, maybe a thunderstone needed? Idk.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe you evolve in ZEKROM's CAVE or something like that??

OMG NO ONE SAID THAT DENCHURA IS ELECTRIC TYPE! WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S NAME MEANS FOR SURE

KnightEdge112 said:
Or nincada is a Ground/Bug and becomes a Flying/Bug or Ghost/Bug

It seems some people don't know why that happens... The reason Surskit loses its Water type when it evolves is because it is based on a water strider larva, which live on water until they reach their adulthood. When they become adult, they don't need to be in the water anymore, plus they can fly now, hence why Surskit loses its water type. As for Nincada, just check the newest "On The Origin Of Species" article on Bulbapedia...

ManhattanTheStarr said:
A bug that isn't a Bug-type?
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?
Spiders are not bugs in real life.

read it! IT DOESN'T MATTER gamefreak can do whatever they want and half of their stuff doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

FunkyMunky said:
read it! IT DOESN'T MATTER gamefreak can do whatever they want and half of their stuff doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

True dat! Like there is only one black person in the pokemon world?

It's possible. I think the color scheme is a little off, but we've seen weird evolutions in the past.

I really really hope it's not an Ariados evolution. Ariados is perfect the way it is and I don't really think it needs a new evolution.....

imsocool4321 said:
spider pokemon are dumb. I only even considered Ariados a cool pokemon once in the pokemon movie with latias and latios.... and actaully I think koga has an Ariados in one of the games... but thats not the point, its a dumb pokemon and if this new thing... Denchura, is its evolution no one should care, because they both will suck. rawr.. :p

How do you know it will suck? How do you know it's dumb?

I know it's ok to post opinions but you have nothing to back up any of your claims.

I seriously hope you are joking about this post.

I originally thought that Denchura was it's own pokemon, and it still could be. But Mechanos7's post about the multiple similarities is kind of making me see this pokemon in a new light. I think that it could possibly be an evo.

Also, I can explain why it could become an Electric type if it does evolve from this. Spinarak and Ariados are based off of poisionous spiders. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a bite from a tarantula equal the sting of a bee? I also read that a Tarantula bite can cause paralysis (I could be wrong). Since Electric types are the only pokemon who have paralysis based moves, it would make sense for it to be Electric instead of Poison.

That is just my two cents on this.

ShayminSky said:
1st, wow. we have only had 5 generations and not a lot of pokemon have gotten new evolutions from a newer Generation. Eevee has had the most. Ariados isn't that bad. And Pokemon don't have to be strong just to get an evolution in a new generation. If that were the case, Pokemon wouldn't be fun anymore because it'd be nothing but metagame.

2nd: How could Toxicroak be in the Poliwag family? And Meowth or Skitty goes into Purugly? There have to be SOME similarities, if only slight. No one ever said:"OMG THEY ARE SPIDERS SO THEY ARE IN THE SAME EVOLUTIONARY LINE!!!!" (S)he just said it was possible that Ariados evolves into Denchura and a post earlier gave a great example of how they are similar. Maybe 1 or 2 above yours.

I don't know, maybe because Poliwag line and croagunk line are based on toads and frogs... and meowth, skitty and glameow are all cats... but yeah, Poliwhirl and Politoed and pratically twins:rolleyes:...

tyking16 said:
Also, I can explain why it could become an Electric type if it does evolve from this. Spinarak and Ariados are based off of poisionous spiders. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a bite from a tarantula equal the sting of a bee? I also read that a Tarantula bite can cause paralysis (I could be wrong). Since Electric types are the only pokemon who have paralysis based moves, it would make sense for it to be Electric instead of Poison.

Ah, brilliant; I hadn't thought of that. I'm pretty sure plenty of Tarantulas can paralyze, thus I assume your idea is correct; this could very well be the reason for it to be electric type.

i noticed while looking at the two they both have what looks like another set of legs pointing upward coming from their lower abdomen what im trying to get at they both share similar body structures although denchura's more hairy
I also agree with the idea of paralysis being the cause of its electric type although were not entirely sure it is even elcetric type

The more I consider it, the more it seems true, though how do you go from something like (arachnophobes should look away)

File:Myrmarachne.formicaria.male.1.jpg

to

bluetarantula.jpg

(I chose the Blue Tarantula due to the fact that the appearance of Denchura looks like that one the most).

Back