BW/BW2 Denchura as Ariados' Evolution

A evolution to Ariados will be great! I normally don't like late evolutions to pokémon, but Ariados have really bad stats, so a evolution would be great:D
Denchura also seems like a evolution to Ariados, since it has four legs, and two legs on it's bag, so i think it is a evolution to Ariados, and maybe it will be a Bug/Electric type.. i hope so:D

I don't think Ariados is related to Denchura.....they're both spiders however....

Skitty and Meowth are both cats
Magikarp and Feebas are both fish
Aipom and Chimchar are both monkeys
Chatot and Pidgey are both birds

and yet none of them are related. I can't see ariados and Denchura being related.... especially with all these rumours saying that there won't be many past pokemon in the Isshu region.

HikaruAyame said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Denchura SMALLER than Ariados? The vast majority of evolutions grow in size, or stay the same. I can't think of any that get smaller.

Dragonite, Porygon 2, and Bellossom say hi. Especially Bellossom, since it is smaller than Oddish and Gloom. Also, several other Pokemon are lighter than their previous forms.

Besides, Denchura doesn't have to be an Ariados evo. It could just as easily be a split-evo from Spinarak.

Also, Bug/Poison =/= Electric/Bug. To think they're related merely because they're both spiders/they look vaguely the same is silly.

Azurill, a Normal type, becomes a Water type Marill upon evolution. Onyx becomes the Steel type Steelix, as does Scyther to Scizor. Swablu goes from a Normal type to a Dragon type. Skorupi from a Bug type to a Dark type. Really, you can't just dismiss such a type change just because it isn't a common occurence.

Also, did you even bother to read some of the previous posts? Just take a look at my last quote to see why Denchura being related to Ariados is very possible(at the very least they look like each other, look at how many Pokemon that their evos don't share any similarities!).

TheDarkLucario said:
This^ Wurmple, Weedle and Caterpie are all Caterpillars. Ariodos and Denchura have completely different color schemes.

And your point is? Spinarak and Ariados have a completely different color scheme. So why would it matter if Denchura and Ariados did? Also, Scyther to Scizor, Poliwhirl to Politoed, Magikarp to Gyarados, Feebas to Milotic....

Mechanos7 said:
Spr_4h_167.png
/
Spr_b_g4_167.png
->
168.png
/
Spr_b_g4_168.png
->
ohasuta3.jpg

I rather believe it is an evolution; look at the colour difference between Spinarak and Ariados, then into yellow; which fits very well. My next point is the abdomen, notice it has some sort of purple marking, which could easily be a face. Similarly it has the two sets of legs like ariados, plus the extra set on top of it. Yet another thing is the general shape of the legs if you remove the fur, which makes it look identical to Ariados' legs.

My main point is, if you're going to make another spider pokemon, why make it so similar to ariados but not an evolution? It doesn't have eight legs like normal spiders, just like ariados. It has the two things on its back, just like ariados. It has some sort of symbol on its back, just like ariados. Thusly I can really see this as some sort of evolution; possibly thunderstone?

A final note against my previous points is that we don't have the sugimori; thus we cannot tell its actual appearance, which only time will reveal to us.

^Pretty much why I believe Denchura is related to Ariados in some way(whether it be via evolution or a split-evolution from Spinarak).

vaporchu8 said:
Dragonite, Porygon 2, and Bellossom say hi. Especially Bellossom, since it is smaller than Oddish and Gloom. Also, several other Pokemon are lighter than their previous forms.

Besides, Denchura doesn't have to be an Ariados evo. It could just as easily be a split-evo from Spinarak.

Also, Bug/Poison =/= Electric/Bug. To think they're related merely because they're both spiders/they look vaguely the same is silly.

Azurill, a Normal type, becomes a Water type Marill upon evolution. Onyx becomes the Steel type Steelix, as does Scyther to Scizor. Swablu goes from a Normal type to a Dragon type. Skorupi from a Bug type to a Dark type. Really, you can't just dismiss such a type change just because it isn't a common occurence.

Also, did you even bother to read some of the previous posts? Just take a look at my last quote to see why Denchura being related to Ariados is very possible(at the very least they look like each other, look at how many Pokemon that their evos don't share any similarities!).

TheDarkLucario said:
This^ Wurmple, Weedle and Caterpie are all Caterpillars. Ariodos and Denchura have completely different color schemes.

And your point is? Spinarak and Ariados have a completely different color scheme. So why would it matter if Denchura and Ariados did? Also, Scyther to Scizor, Poliwhirl to Politoed, Magikarp to Gyarados, Feebas to Milotic....

^Pretty much why I believe Denchura is related to Ariados in some way(whether it be via evolution or a split-evolution from Spinarak).

Those pokemon have reasons for their evos:
Poliwhirl(Frog) --- Politoed(tree frog, hence the green color)
Syther(Praying mantis) --- Scizor(Praying mantis + Flying red ants)
Magikarp(Carp) --- Gyarados (It appears to be based on a sea dragon or sea serpent. Gyarados is partially based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles (which can be tied to the fact that Gyarados' pre-evolution, Magikarp, could possibly take a lot of drive and effort to legitimately evolve into Gyarados)).
Febas (As its name suggests, Feebas is probably based on a bass. Its ugly appearance makes it appear to be also based from the concept of ugliness, appearing to don a wash of ugly makeup. It also seems to be based on the classic fairy tale, the The Ugly Duckling, where a small and feeble "ugly duckling," treated as an outcast by other animals, blossoms into a beautiful swan. ) --- Milotic (Milotic may be based loosely on sirens, mythical creatures who can hypnotize with their voice to make men attracted to them. An argument can also be made for the possibility it is loosely based on the Loch Ness Monster. Its similarity to Dragonair suggests as basis in sea serpents or sea dragons as well. It has anatomical similarities with the oarfish, with a pale, elongated body and extended, red dorsal fins.)

Does every pokemon they reveal now have to be somehow related to past pokemon, seriously! First Munna, then this, and many others. You've not even seen his face yet...

I also think that its some kind of split-evolution to Spinarak... because both Spinarak, Ariados and Denchura have yellow parts for their legs, and they all seemt to have another color that their pre-/evo. It could be:

Spinarak(green) -> either Ariados(red) or Denchura(blue)

Well I dunno about you, but it could either be a split or a new spider Pokemon ;b

Typhlosionwolf said:
I really really hope it's not an Ariados evolution. Ariados is perfect the way it is and I don't really think it needs a new evolution...

I'm dying Squirtle. Oh, you were serious, let me laugh even harder.

Ariados is perfect? How do you figure? What's so perfect about it? It's 390 BST? It's poor typing? I mean, if it is Bug Electric, you're basically only losing your ground resistance, as well as an annoying psychic weakness. Maybe because it's an early bug that needs an evolution but doesn't have one?

Which is another thing. I hope it is an evolution of Ariados. That'd be a great precedent to set.

i wouldnt really care if it is a ariados evo or not i just know it might be on my team! But what i really think is that it might be a split evo for spinarak, i think that would be preety cool.

Nintenfreak said:
I'm dying Squirtle. Oh, you were serious, let me laugh even harder.

Ariados is perfect? How do you figure? What's so perfect about it? It's 390 BST? It's poor typing? I mean, if it is Bug Electric, you're basically only keeping the ground weakness, and it loses an annoying psychic weakness. Maybe because it's an early bug that needs an evolution but doesn't have one?

Which is another thing. I hope it is an evolution of Ariados. That'd be a great precedent to set.
#1 Fail, there is no squirtle

#2 When has an early bug ever gotten a evo in a separate gen? That's right never. I saw keep the pattern alive. Game Freak loves patterns

#3 Ariodos is in johto so someone could get an early fully-evolved pokemon, like all bugs. Thats his purpose in life.

TheDarkLucario said:
#1 Fail, there is no squirtle

#2 When has an early bug ever gotten a evo in a separate gen? That's right never. I saw keep the pattern alive. Game Freak loves patterns

#3 Ariodos is in johto so someone could get an early fully-evolved pokemon, like all bugs. Thats his purpose in life.

uh, look, you've only ever gotten evolutions of past Pokemon twice before. That's not enough to establish a pattern.

Maybe that was Ariados' purpose in Johto, but in case you haven't seen, we're not in Johto, are we?

Nintenfreak said:
uh, look, you've only ever gotten evolutions of past Pokemon twice before. That's not enough to establish a pattern.
(pre-)evo's in GSC
(pre-)evo's in RSE
(pre-)evo's in DPPt

I can count 3! Yay!

Anyway yes. Three is enough to establish a pattern. Pokemon has gotten 3 chances to design either evolutions or pre-evolutions (in gen 2,3,4). They've done it every time. So 3 out of 3. And in these 3 times we have never seen an early-region Pokemon evolve.

Nintenfreak said:

Maybe that was Ariados' purpose in Johto, but in case you haven't seen, we're not in Johto, are we?
Gah *FACEPALM* I mean pokemon like Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Caterpie, Weedel, Sentret, HootHoot, Spinarak, Poocheyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Starley, Bidoof, those are the pokemon I was talking about. There Early pokemon that are weak and you encounter early in your adventure. This is the pattern I was talking about

Pokequaza said:
(pre-)evo's in GSC
(pre-)evo's in RSE
(pre-)evo's in DPPt

I can count 3! Yay!

Anyway yes. Three is enough to establish a pattern. Pokemon has gotten 3 chances to design either evolutions or pre-evolutions (in gen 2,3,4). They've done it every time. So 3 out of 3. And in these 3 times we have never seen an early-region Pokemon evolve.

No, I did say evolutions. RSE only had Azurill and Wynaut. That's two prevolutions. only GSC and DPt added evolutions. We didn't see ANYTHING evolve in RSE.

TheDarkLucario said:
Gah *FACEPALM* I mean pokemon like Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Caterpie, Weedel, Sentret, HootHoot, Spinarak, Poocheyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Starley, Bidoof, those are the pokemon I was talking about. There Early pokemon that are weak and you encounter early in your adventure. This is the pattern I was talking about

Yeah, so? What's that got to do with anything? They've never evolved before, but only two generations have added evolutions.

Nintenfreak said:
No, I did say evolutions. RSE only had Azurill and Wynaut. That's two prevolutions. only GSC and DPt added evolutions. We didn't see ANYTHING evolve in RSE.

TheDarkLucario said:

Yeah, so? What's that got to do with anything? They've never evolved before, but only two generations have added evolutions.
I didn't even get what you're saying. You confuse me. All the generations added evolution.

Dizzard said:
I don't think Ariados is related to Denchura...they're both spiders however....

Skitty and Meowth are both cats
Magikarp and Feebas are both fish
Aipom and Chimchar are both monkeys
Chatot and Pidgey are both birds

and yet none of them are related. I can't see ariados and Denchura being related.... especially with all these rumours saying that there won't be many past pokemon in the Isshu region.

While you do have a point, do any of those pokemon share the same characteristics with the other? Aipom and Chimchar don't look alike. Neither do Skitty and Meowth. Read the past posts and you can tell that Spinarak/Ariados can evolve into Denchura since their body shapes look quite similar.

Also, for anyone who is complaining about the Bug/Poison doesn't equal Bug/Electric, then you need to read my past post about how that can work.

If that would be true, maybe you would have to give Ariados a Thunderstone to make it evolve! :)
Or maybe trade it holding an object.

TheDarkLucario said:
I didn't even get what you're saying. You confuse me. All the generations added evolution.
[/quote]

No they haven't. Azurill and Wynaut were prevolutions. RSE had no evolutions. Name one, I defy you to.

Nintenfreak said:

No they haven't. Azurill and Wynaut were prevolutions. RSE had no evolutions. Name one, I defy you to.
[/quote]

I think you mean Dare you to.

tyking16 said:

I think you mean Dare you to.
[/quote]

Does it really matter? Point is there aren't any in Gen 3. In a lot of respects I'd be very unsurprised if no new Pokemon were related to existing Pokemon for this reason alone, if there weren't sufficient evidence to the contrary.

tyking16 said:
While you do have a point, do any of those pokemon share the same characteristics with the other? Aipom and Chimchar don't look alike. Neither do Skitty and Meowth. Read the past posts and you can tell that Spinarak/Ariados can evolve into Denchura since their body shapes look quite similar.

Also, for anyone who is complaining about the Bug/Poison doesn't equal Bug/Electric, then you need to read my past post about how that can work.
Uh Ariodos and Denchura look nothing alike, body style-wise. Ariodos is more long and has skinny legs and a horn on his head. Denchura is WIDE, FAT legs, and no visable horn so far.

Back