'Delta Emerald' Trademark Registered by Pokemon [5/29]

If this is even going to actually be released, Ill wager that GF is going to "break the mold" ala BW2 and release the Emerald remake next year since its the 10 year anniversary for the game. However, I dont think we can say for sure whether or not they will release it until we know more about ORAS, since we have no idea if Emerald elements are making it into them or not. Emerald elements=Delta Emerald probably isnt a real thing and just a "covering their bases" trademark.

Starboard Driger said:
Luispipe8 said:
They can easily be launching 3 Remakes this time, but held DeltaEmerald's announcement for now, just like they held Xerneas' and Sylveon's type until the Fairy Type was officially revealed. It IS a long shot, but a possibility.

They have never launched three remakes, so I wouldn't say it could "easily" happen. If they were going to, they would've announced them at the same time so they don't undermine themselves/perpetuate the idea that Emerald is superior to the other two versions (because presumably, it wouldn't be this time around).

I say "easily" because it's Gamefreak, they can do what they want. XD. They launched B2W2 when everyone expected Gray or Hoenn, launched XY going away from the color/stone scheme,,, They can launch 3 remakes if they wanted to, and it could actually be interesting to see 3 parallel main series games. :p

Releasing Delta Emerald would be a really stupid idea, if they release that game, you'll have no reason to buy ORAS. Besides, we don't really have time for one, unless they do that instead of another Kalos game (which frankly, would be a waste of time).

Bolt the Cat said:
Releasing Delta Emerald would be a really stupid idea, if they release that game, you'll have no reason to buy ORAS. Besides, we don't really have time for one, unless they do that instead of another Kalos game (which frankly, would be a waste of time).

I suppose it really depends on what they do with this hypothetical third remake. If it is a direct remake of Emerald, then you would be correct. But perhaps they might change it a little bit by, say, giving the game its own version exclusives and retconning the plot to instead revolve around a new Team (Aero, Ventus, something to do with air or wind) that specializes in flying types and tries to use Rayquaza to expand the stratosphere.

Even with that, I'd still probably end up buying Omega Ruby anyway, but I wouldn't shoot down the idea right away.

If you guys remember when Emerald first came out Rayquaza was on the cover of the box and was the Pokemon for that game specifically. That is where Rayquaza began it's first introduction and now since then Rayquaza has become viral and once more is a fan favorite. TBH. We will not see a 3rd game for the series since these 2 new games are in fact remakes and they will not make another game for remakes like in years past. See when the new generation came out in 4th gen they were going to keep the new gen with a 3rd game and any future remakes as only 2 games for the re-release. It has been that way since 4th gen and I see into the future for D/P/PL remakes because the Wi-Fi needs to be upgraded. This is why they shut down the service for 4th and 5th gen. They will remake those so the service can be more secure as well.:)

I know everyone thinks "they don't do third versions when remaking", but I don't think we know remotely enough to draw such conclusions. And the little we DO know, is not as expected.

I'm not saying that Delta Emerald is a realistic possibility because of them registering this trademark, in fact this is as meaningless as any other trademarks they've been registering.
But there is 2 other things that prevent me from drawing the "not gonna happen" conclusion:
-firstly, gen 3 is when the "third version" only really became notably different to the point where you cannot just "put the Emerald stuff into RS". With HGSS, they could easily put Suicunes side-plot in it with no problem, but its impossible to just add Rayquazas act in RS and keep the focus on the cover mascot at the same time and/or not involve the other mascot. in the Hoenn games, they planned to have the complete story in the third game and hence told a simpler 1 legend story in RS....so unless gamefreak is fine with the simple version for the remakes and not involving Rayquazas part whatsoever, this is an issue that cannot be addressed without a third game. They might be fine with the simpler versions and a bored Rayquaza in the post-game though, but Id think they wouldn't leave it incomplete like that.
-secondly, the legends on the covers have different appearances, which are pretty much guaranteed to be new formes. And that means that the plot will deviate at least to some degree from the originals. If these aren't copy&paste remakes, then we don't know what we're in for, and it may be a changed plot that makes a third game more unnecessary than it already is, or...it could set up for one in a way we aren't expecting that would actually justify another Hoenn game.

Add to that how gamefreak do what they feel like at any point, rather than following some pattern that never holds up...and not to mention the option that BW2 showcased, an "Emerald" likely wouldn't even be just a third version but a sequel to these remakes, with a later plot, locations and features of its own...if it was made that is.

So I wouldn't rule out the possibility as quickly as I usually would, but I'm still expecting ORAS to be standalone Hoenn-business, and a return to Kalos part 2 to follow after them.

-----------
Now for some pointless crazy speculation LOL.

If ORAS featured a modified "Mega evolution"-concept in the form of Alpha and Omega evolutions...let me recap those first:

Imagine if particular Pokémon could Alpha-evolve and Omega-evolve in the respective game after obtaining the Alpha/Omega Orb or whatever the key item would be.
Instead of turning into overdesigned (Mega) versions and having their base stats boosted by 100, an Alpha/Omega evolution would cause a weather change (as consequence of the evolution, NOT from an ability change) and a less significant stat boost of say 50.
So for example Alpha Kingdra and Alpha Ludicolo would unleash rain, while keeping their abilities to abuse it.
Same for Omega Shiftry.
But not just with sun and rain. Omega Flygon would cause a sandstorm, and Alpha Walrein hail.

...anyhow. If there was a sequel at a later time in the form of Delta Emerald. It would obviously come with its own set of pseudo-evolutions, Delta evolutions.
Since RS do the weather theme, Delta evolutions would have some other focus.
Delta implies change.
So the focus could for example (and any TCG veteran would come up with this right away) changing a Pokemons type. And not to something expected like Charizard finally becoming a Dragon, but adding elements that you wouldn't see coming so easily, along with the respective ability to change Normal type moves (Pixilate/Refrigerate/etc)

Delta Linoone turning into an Electric type, Delta Salamence into a Dragon/Steel type or something..

not to mention then there'd be one for each golem:
Alpha Regice
Omega Regirock
Delta Registeel

of course none of this is gonna happen lol

Mitja said:
I know everyone thinks "they don't do third versions when remaking", but I don't think we know remotely enough to draw such conclusions. And the little we DO know, is not as expected.

I'm not saying that Delta Emerald is a realistic possibility because of them registering this trademark, in fact this is as meaningless as any other trademarks they've been registering.
But there is 2 other things that prevent me from drawing the "not gonna happen" conclusion:
-firstly, gen 3 is when the "third version" only really became notably different to the point where you cannot just "put the Emerald stuff into RS". With HGSS, they could easily put Suicunes side-plot in it with no problem, but its impossible to just add Rayquazas act in RS and keep the focus on the cover mascot at the same time and/or not involve the other mascot. in the Hoenn games, they planned to have the complete story in the third game and hence told a simpler 1 legend story in RS....so unless gamefreak is fine with the simple version for the remakes and not involving Rayquazas part whatsoever, this is an issue that cannot be addressed without a third game. They might be fine with the simpler versions and a bored Rayquaza in the post-game though, but Id think they wouldn't leave it incomplete like that.
-secondly, the legends on the covers have different appearances, which are pretty much guaranteed to be new formes. And that means that the plot will deviate at least to some degree from the originals. If these aren't copy&paste remakes, then we don't know what we're in for, and it may be a changed plot that makes a third game more unnecessary than it already is, or...it could set up for one in a way we aren't expecting that would actually justify another Hoenn game.

Add to that how gamefreak do what they feel like at any point, rather than following some pattern that never holds up...and not to mention the option that BW2 showcased, an "Emerald" likely wouldn't even be just a third version but a sequel to these remakes, with a later plot, locations and features of its own...if it was made that is.

So I wouldn't rule out the possibility as quickly as I usually would, but I'm still expecting ORAS to be standalone Hoenn-business, and a return to Kalos part 2 to follow after them.

-----------
Now for some pointless crazy speculation LOL.

If ORAS featured a modified "Mega evolution"-concept in the form of Alpha and Omega evolutions...let me recap those first:

Imagine if particular Pokémon could Alpha-evolve and Omega-evolve in the respective game after obtaining the Alpha/Omega Orb or whatever the key item would be.
Instead of turning into overdesigned (Mega) versions and having their base stats boosted by 100, an Alpha/Omega evolution would cause a weather change (as consequence of the evolution, NOT from an ability change) and a less significant stat boost of say 50.
So for example Alpha Kingdra and Alpha Ludicolo would unleash rain, while keeping their abilities to abuse it.
Same for Omega Shiftry.
But not just with sun and rain. Omega Flygon would cause a sandstorm, and Alpha Walrein hail.

...anyhow. If there was a sequel at a later time in the form of Delta Emerald. It would obviously come with its own set of pseudo-evolutions, Delta evolutions.
Delta implies change.
So the focus could for example (and any TCG veteran would come up with this right away) changing a Pokemons type. And not to something expected like Charizard finally becoming a Dragon, but adding elements that you wouldn't see coming so easily, along with the respective ability to change Normal type moves (Pixilate/Refrigerate/etc)

Delta Linoone turning into an Electric type, Delta Salamence into a Dragon/Steel type or something..

not to mention then there'd be one for each golem:
Alpha Regice
Omega Regirock
Delta Registeel

of course none of this is gonna happen lol
Thank God you don't work at Game Freak!!!!!

Mitja said:
Same for Omega Shiftry.

Delta implies change.

I really like the idea of delta evolution to be like in the tcg . that would also makes delta emerald
unique and something that will be only in this game like the delta tcg set

(but yeah too bad it is not going to happen).

It is a good idea but when 4th gen came out they said no 3rd copy will be made for future remakes of any of the new games. With this in mind this means they may register it but they will not release it. If they do not only will they be going against their original plan and word but they would also be in hot water with the president of the company. They can only do what the company allows and how much they can do. Unless they have switched things around since X/Y. Since X/Y is now out that is only 2 games and if there is a Delta Emerald that means they have switched the tables for remakes to have a 3rd game and the new ones to only be 2 games. If this happens it will be a first change since D/P/PL came out where they said remakes would only have 2 games.:)

RealSlim said:
Thank God you don't work at Game Freak!!!!!

hahaha oh no xD

I wouldn't go that path though lol, it would be a mess.

If it went according to my plan, there wouldn't even be remakes.
There'd be a new set of games set in Hoenn instead, with a sandstorm and hail mascot and would basically function as a pseudo-gen of its own by extending the Hoenndex by ~50 actually new pokemon :^)

Even though it's highly unlikely, It would be cool if Delta Emerald was real. I'd buy that version instead of Alpha Sapphire so it'd be cool to play the entire story instead of just having Magma's or Aqua's story on one version

It's funny cause a few years ago, I made a Hack game where I used the TCG mechanic of Delta pokémon and basically just changed every pokémon's type...

Mitja said:

At this point, I think the best thing to do might be to put Rayquaza in a post game story arc.

Metalizard said:
It's funny cause a few years ago, I made a Hack game where I used the TCG mechanic of Delta pokémon and basically just changed every pokémon's type...

And how did that work? Did you retcon movesets or something? Because that's the major issue with working Delta Species into the main games, the type change would be somewhat useless unless the Pokemon already has some decent options in its movesets (like if we got say, Poison type Seismitoad, Psychic type Ninetales, etc.) or unless Delta Species had different movesets. And neither of those solutions would be very preferable because the former wouldn't be very interesting and the latter would be too complicated.

@_@

Wow, I feel special. Over on another message board I posted this

...after thinking about it for a moment, while I know it won't happen (I don't recall the "third game" ever getting a remake), it would be hilarious to the TCG community to see Delta Emerald, just for all the jokes about "Delta" Pokémon (...not actual Pokémon delta in the video games, of course).

back on May 7th. XD

1) Even though it would probably be terrible for game balance, I would still love to see Pokémon δ in the the video games. Part of this might be because at this point, what I want from Pokémon is so different than what I get, I have less reason to be cautious.

2) Obviously making Emerald act as "Ruby+Sapphire+Bonus" would be stupid... if it is marketed in the exact same manner as the other two remakes. For all we know Emerald could be a download only version or (for better or worse) DLC for the main games, or perhaps someone realized "We could just release all three at once, with each game having a significant amount of that game's events tailored to that respective mascot legendary Pokémon.

I just like the color green, so I know what I hope. XD

Back