'Delta Emerald' Trademark Registered by Pokemon [5/29]

I dont think that there will be delta emerald but then again
I also thought that there will not be ruby sapphire remakes so..

Any chance delta emerald is something else rathar then title?

I don't think there will be Delta Emerald however what is much more interesting is that this kinda confirms that if Rayquaza gets a new form it will probably be Delta Rayquaza.

This is quite interesting. The Greek characters used in ORAS are the capital cases, while the delta symbol used in the TCG series is the lowercase version. I'm not sure where they would fit glowing triangles onto Rayquaza's body, but I suppose there is always the chance that we see Groudon and Kyogre moving and accelerating in circles respectively :p

You have no idea how much I want to ride a Mega Rayquaza in Delta Emerald in 3D. This game will most likely not happen but I'm holding out hope.

Oh, god, if they made a Delta Emerald with Delta Species Pokémon.... it would probably be my favourite game ever. But, yeah, I'm in the same boat with everything else that thinks this is just a "covering their bases" sort of trademark and doesn't actually portend a coming game.

Elbow said:
Please bring back Delta Types to the TCG I'm tired of EX's!
You can have both, you know...
91.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Delta Emerald game, but it seems too obvious of a choice (like Pokémon Gray). Plus, we've never had a third version remake before. This is interesting for sure.

Even if nothing comes from this trademark, one must wonder when Pokemon came up with the whole Greek letter idea
I just thought it was to make things edgier to make them appeal to the preteens.

LOL at people thinking that Delta Species will be in ORAS. If they ever do that in the games, it's probably going to be a next gen thing. But I doubt even that, it's more of a TCG gimmick that I don't think will really work that well in the games.

Anyway, it's probably just to cover their ass so people don't make their own, and maybe to trademark a new Rayquaza form.

don()shinobi said:
Even if nothing comes from this trademark, one must wonder when Pokemon came up with the whole Greek letter idea
I just thought it was to make things edgier to make them appeal to the preteens.
I guess it's kinda chuuni, isn't it.

don()shinobi said:
Teal said:
I guess it's kinda chuuni, isn't it.
Oh, it's SUPER chuuni.
And so is using "chuuni" in English. But that's ok, since I'm a citizen of the holy realm of evil blackwinged fallen angel -hunter killer squad. 8)

WHAT IF: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes but Delta Emerald is a remake-based sequel, like how Black 2/White 2 came out. The sequel could connect the past timelines to the present, perhaps involving references to the events in XY. Just a thought.

They can easily be launching 3 Remakes this time, but held DeltaEmerald's announcement for now, just like they held Xerneas' and Sylveon's type until the Fairy Type was officially revealed. It IS a long shot, but a possibility.

Luispipe8 said:
They can easily be launching 3 Remakes this time, but held DeltaEmerald's announcement for now, just like they held Xerneas' and Sylveon's type until the Fairy Type was officially revealed. It IS a long shot, but a possibility.

They have never launched three remakes, so I wouldn't say it could "easily" happen. If they were going to, they would've announced them at the same time so they don't undermine themselves/perpetuate the idea that Emerald is superior to the other two versions (because presumably, it wouldn't be this time around).

Another out-there theory is that Delta Emerald is the version exclusive to the Wii U. It probably isn't, but I can dream, can't I?

Back