Decolora Adventure: A thrilling experience, or waste of time? We'll see!

RE: Decolora AdventuA thrilling experience, or waste of time? We'll see!

Drohn said:
I just saw the new episode. Trouble making Water-type Pokémon that join officer Jenny's rescue team? Hmm.. :p It was a fun episode, nevertheless, and brought up some nostalgic memories!

Who else thought it was hilarious to see Oshawott in "action"? This episode got me really curious about what happened with Snivy and her previous trainer. In the episode she was caught it was stated that Snivy leaves trainers when they are not skilled enough; now it is again mentioned that she has zero patience for "loser" trainers. Did she really leave her trainer for being weak or was more going on?

With Azumarill in the episode I kept thinking "use a Fairy-type move, we know you can do it!". It didn't happen, though. :( I wonder whether the new type will be introduced at the end of this season or that we have to wait for the next season. It will be awesome to see the Fairy type really being used! :D

About Jenny, yes, it also brought me some memories, namely of the Squirtle Squad but the rip-off is way bigger and cheaper. Ash is heading for Kanto so it would make sense this trip would be one of nostalgia and remembering those Pokémon and memories left in Kanto. It would give the idea that the producers haven't forgot about older fans. But no, they take older episodes' plot and turn them into dragqueens of anime, full of recycling.

On to Snivy. Like everyone else, I guess, I too am curious to know what happened to her but again, no. Following the usual clichés we instead got to see the always so big dilemma about the fire-starter who got abused or abandoned but ends up to be a fighter. Clap, clap, clap. Btw, since Snivy may leave trainers when they are not skilled enough (which I believe, since Snivy's species seems like the Pkdex's description of Ninjask and Persian), howcome she's still with Ash? o_O She would be better off on her own. Ash's Snivy is no more than a babysitter and her role is a lot like Grovyle's.

Azumarill. Wow, take it easy man! Don't you know already that lil' Ash can't handle that much information? He already has some major headaches trying to figure out type's matchup as it is but if you're going to introduce so soon and so quickly a new type his head might explode. Wait for the new travelling partners in X/Y to fill the role of Dora.
Seriously, its another cliché. They introduce new Pokémon but no other thing about new generations. One could imagine that, being the journalist from Kalos, Ash and Co. would be all around her asking endless questions about Kalos and its Pokémon and people but no, what matters is travelling back to Kanto to again see Ho-oh and remembering that after all there's still more regions to explore (despite not having Gary anymore to pursue like some lost lover)...By that time, Ash will also remember that it would have been a good ideia to ask more, if anything, about Kalos to the journalist (though I think she wouldn't be able to answer...it would be better to ask Gogoat, now that's a Pokémon that knows something).

In the end the conclusion is that we, as older fans, need a more adult anime. Will we get it? Most likely no but discussion is good and dreaming still isn't taxed.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Azumarill. Wow, take it easy man! Don't you know already that lil' Ash can't handle that much information? He already has some major headaches trying to figure out type's matchup as it is but if you're going to introduce so soon and so quickly a new type his head might explode. Wait for the new travelling partners in X/Y to fill the role of Dora.
Seriously, its another cliché. They introduce new Pokémon but no other thing about new generations. One could imagine that, being the journalist from Kalos, Ash and Co. would be all around her asking endless questions about Kalos and its Pokémon and people but no, what matters is travelling back to Kanto to again see Ho-oh and remembering that after all there's still more regions to explore (despite not having Gary anymore to pursue like some lost lover)...By that time, Ash will also remember that it would have been a good ideia to ask more, if anything, about Kalos to the journalist (though I think she wouldn't be able to answer...it would be better to ask Gogoat, now that's a Pokémon that knows something).

In the end the conclusion is that we, as older fans, need a more adult anime. Will we get it? Most likely no but discussion is good and dreaming still isn't taxed.

I didn't even think of it that way. With someone from Kalos actually there, they should have found out already. Now it's even more weird, haha.

I would love a more adult anime, but I guessing that won't happen for the regular anime. I have good hopes for the specials, though. They might make more specials to follow all playable in-game characters.

As for the new episode; how come Ash has been in Unova all this time and never before looked up Swanna in his Pokédex? I really liked the new episode, however. The nostalgic feelings of watching Butterfree with Ash was really nice.

Drohn said:
I would love a more adult anime, but I guessing that won't happen for the regular anime. I have good hopes for the specials, though. They might make more specials to follow all playable in-game characters.

As for the new episode; how come Ash has been in Unova all this time and never before looked up Swanna in his Pokédex? I really liked the new episode, however. The nostalgic feelings of watching Butterfree with Ash was really nice.

Let's see what comes from those specials in terms of adultness (less childish at least). :rolleyes: That would be a great idea. I would like to see Branden's journey or they could make a series from that B2/W2 promotional video.

Since the Isshu arc is my least favorite I can't be sure but I think Ash has already scanned a Swanna. If this happens to be true it's just another argument on how the producers make Ash very dumb and with some amnesia -» Ashlopoke (Ash + Slowpoke), I think it's a nice nickname.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Drohn said:

Let's see what comes from those specials in terms of adultness (less childish at least). :rolleyes: That would be a great idea. I would like to see Branden's journey or they could make a series from that B2/W2 promotional video.

Since the Isshu arc is my least favorite I can't be sure but I think Ash has already scanned a Swanna. If this happens to be true it's just another argument on how the producers make Ash very dumb and with some amnesia -» Ashlopoke (Ash + Slowpoke), I think it's a nice nickname.

Don't forget that Ash looks up Snorlax in the dex (a Pokémon that he already HAS) everytime he sees one.

Also, Ash has looked up Swanna... three times.

^ Add Dunsparce to the list. At least he remembered seeing it before, however. :p

Who else thought Ash would accidentally hit Iris with the berry and make her more upset in the new episode? Not that it took long for that to escalate afterwards anyway.

I felt so sad for Scraggy when he realised Axew wasn't there. What will happen when Ash goes to Kalos and Iris heads somewhere else?!

Have you also noticed that Ash hasn't been rotating his team that much. I hardly see any of his other Pokémon except for very short appearances. This seems to be his "main" team. I wish we'd see more of Krookodile; he's been with the group for a very long time and I imagine it also bonded with Iris and the others. He deserves to spend some time with them before they all go their own way! :p

It was a nice episode with some emotional and funny moments!

Drohn said:
I felt so sad for Scraggy when he realised Axew wasn't there. What will happen when Ash goes to Kalos and Iris heads somewhere else?!

I was thinking this exact same thing, Scraggy is screwed. Although I suppose Scraggy will also be left with Professor Oak, never to be seen again anyway.

Searching for a Wish, the most recent episode, was kind of a let down for me. It reminded me of how much I hate the fact that the movies and the series are separate. Jirachi was played up so much in Wish Maker that when you see it all low key in a regular episode like this, you're just left disappointed. In reality, Ash is never supposed to see Jirachi again since it sleeps for 1000 years at a time.

I felt like the episode was extremely rushed, poorly scripted, had a meaningless plot line that wastes the viewers time. An episode where they spend the entire time doing the same thing, "searching", is really poor development. Sadly this isn't the first time they've done something like it.

I'm hoping for a little better next week!

I agree with you on some point. I think too much time was wasted on searching for Jirachi and it all seemed very rushed. It would have been nice if Pokémon allowed more episodes to be used for one story more often. That way we'll have less filler stories, but more thought and detail put into them.

Nevertheless, I've seen worse fillers and I enjoyed watching this episode. It was nice to see Jirachi for me. Especially towards the end it got quite emotional! I really loved the background music towards the end as well.
Her dad has good timing. He hasn't been home for two years, but now shows up to save the day. The backstory could have been written much better as well.

But of couse! Now I know why Ash scans some Pokémon many times: it's some sort of side effect from Mewtwo's amnesia from the first movie!

I think it's obvious this string of episodes was made in a hurry, so as to give them time in developing the XY anime. I haven't seen any episodes yet, but there are some that look promising. I especially want to see the Butterfree episode.

I think they weren't made in a hurry, but they're all independent from each other.

I just watched the latest episode. It was funny to see some interest in Meowth again. It reminded my of the episode of the island where the people worshipped Meowth, because they wanted it to use Pay Day. The Beheeyem had other plans, however. :p

When Nurse Joy asked Ash what's wrong while being controlled by Beheeyem it gave me the chills! It was really funny to see Ash team up with Team Rocket again. I always love it when that happens (although Ash shouldn't have been surprised they had a change of plans). I'm a fan of Team Rocket! :D

The part where Beheeyem said it was harder to hypnotise idiots was hilarious! XD

[private]BTW I updated the links to the episodes. *Drohn [/private]

Who else is still watching Da!? What were your impressions of Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! and/or The Dream Continues!?

Honestly, for many these are the episodes they've all been waiting for, for others, the series is coming to a sad close. I feel like emotion is supposed to play the biggest role in the season finishers and yet, this time around it has been quite disappointing! The producers are showing the emotional range of a paper bag and it really degrades these episodes. Of course my viewing tastes are much more mature and advanced than their target audience but really...where's the emotions, where's the nostalgia?

When Ash came home and greeted his mother for the first time in what we know has been many, many months, there was nothing. The interaction was as if they had seen each other yesterday. Unacceptable! No hug, no kiss, no emotion of any kind....the dialogue was short and held back; it's just all bad. They've avoided so much friendly and loving physical interaction between characters in the anime in recent years that it just starts getting so very bland.

I blame it mostly on the VA's...I still have the enthusiasm of Veronica Taylor in my mind every time Delia appears, I can't help but compare. But of course, that's me living in the past.

Not to mention when Ash gathered all his Unova Pokemon for a final farewell, I was getting my body ready for a touching little goodbye speech and it was so brief/childish and lacking nostalgia/emotion that I just sat there and smh. The same goes for the Cilan/Iris farewell, like....we just spent the last few years with these characters and when they finally leave we're going to create a half-ass dialogue between them? Good grief. I guess the episodes were a little too happy for my tastes.

On a non-ranting note I'm looking forward to seeing how Cilan/Iris start off their new adventures in the next couple eps.

I agree. I watched the episode a few days ago, and was very dissappointed by certain events, especially the scenes involving the interactions between Ash and Delia. Very dissappointed

Elite Stride said:
Who else is still watching Da!? What were your impressions of Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! and/or The Dream Continues!?

Honestly, for many these are the episodes they've all been waiting for, for others, the series is coming to a sad close. I feel like emotion is supposed to play the biggest role in the season finishers and yet, this time around it has been quite disappointing! The producers are showing the emotional range of a paper bag and it really degrades these episodes. Of course my viewing tastes are much more mature and advanced than their target audience but really...where's the emotions, where's the nostalgia?

When Ash came home and greeted his mother for the first time in what we know has been many, many months, there was nothing. The interaction was as if they had seen each other yesterday. Unacceptable! No hug, no kiss, no emotion of any kind....the dialogue was short and held back; it's just all bad. They've avoided so much friendly and loving physical interaction between characters in the anime in recent years that it just starts getting so very bland.

I blame it mostly on the VA's...I still have the enthusiasm of Veronica Taylor in my mind every time Delia appears, I can't help but compare. But of course, that's me living in the past.

Not to mention when Ash gathered all his Unova Pokemon for a final farewell, I was getting my body ready for a touching little goodbye speech and it was so brief/childish and lacking nostalgia/emotion that I just sat there and smh. The same goes for the Cilan/Iris farewell, like....we just spent the last few years with these characters and when they finally leave we're going to create a half-ass dialogue between them? Good grief. I guess the episodes were a little too happy for my tastes.

On a non-ranting note I'm looking forward to seeing how Cilan/Iris start off their new adventures in the next couple eps.

Delia Ketchum is now the usual in-game mom: we say farewell in the beginning and never again care to show up or even give her a call. Delia must be a very shady character to newcommers on the series because she's just at the beginning and at the end. It wasn't that much better back in the first seasons (Kanto & Johto) but it was better, with a few more appearences from her.
We can (sort of) understand not calling Oak (don't mind that he's the keeper of Ash's "herd" of Pokémon) but what about Juniper?
This season in Unova (and Decolora) was just a mess in a few important aspects, namely character development (both from the travelling humans and the Pokémon). Cilan just had a bunch of gags (fishing, trains, etc.), Iris was shoved with Dragonite because Axew is just too cute to evolve (I was expecting her to get a Deino in that Day-care episode, that would evolve and show that Hydreigon, despite the bad reputation, can be kind, but no, we got a brat Dragonite) and Ash just had a bunch (most of them anyway) of Pokémon from the Neverland, forever "trapped" in the "body of children". I just hope that Cilan and Iris make some cameo appearence in the future that shows that they can be excelent trainers and capable of reaching their goals.

I am having a field day reading these last 2 rants because I totally agree with both of them. The season finales were pretty bland and lacking any feels or emotion. I would expand on this argument, but I believe the main faults were already pointed out.

Overall, the episodes in the Decolore Archipelago were rather unnecessary imo. I can kinda see the direction they were trying to go in with this saga, sort of a second/recycled Orange Islands, except extremely watered down. The episodes were boring, the stories were boring, the whole last half of season 16 was just...boring!!! It was just a half season of pure filler and it felt like it took Ash and Co. over 1000 years to finally reach Kanto.

Also, I was so annoyed with Alexa's running gag of being disorganized. So. Not. Funny. Along with the other so-called "running gags" in this series. (Stephan's name, Pignite stealing Oshawott's food, etc.) At least she's handled better and is actually useful in X/Y.

Waste. Of. Time. Nothing more than rehashing of episodes from past, actually watchable episodes they likely have new writers cause so far X and Y anime has been great so far.

Back