Damaged Zekrom Full From Pack

VidFox

Lurking around~
I recently went to my PR last Saturday and pulled 2 Full Zekrom but on the back of both cards they are damaged. They both have white specks on the back near the bottom under the Pokemon logo mainly on the right hand side. One has a white speck on it's [picture] left wing.

Now I know that it happens when people play with them at the PR but I go straight from Pack to Sleeve because I like to keep my cards a mint as possible. I took the cards out of the sleeves and the damage is on them and not the sleeves :/

I tried taking pictures but my camera isn't really capturing the damage on either side.

I was wondering has this happened to anybody or have they gotten any Black and White cards with the same little surface flaws.

The picture link does not work for me. Also are you sure its damage and not a printing error?

There is no picture. I was just saying where the other damage was located.
And I don't think it's a printing error. Maybe the front but not the back. They're kinda like scratches.

Regardless of the situation, Try contacting Pokemon, as they are pretty good with replacing cards that have imperfections.

similar thing happened to me but from the theme decks.

seemed to be a white chip in the middle of the card. i think its a error in manufacturing. cards are printed but not fully dried. then they are cut and stacked together. so the chips appear where the cards made contact with each other when there was not fully dried in present.

or it could be something else entirely. just a guess

He put his card in a sleeve, played with it, and now it has a white speck on it and he is complaining. There is nothing he can or should do about it.

I'm not complaining I was just saying and FYI I'm a girl.
I don't want to replace it I was just simply asking if any one else got something like this. One was played with, barely even once, and the other came out of the pack like that.
I wasn't planning on doing anything about it, I know it's just a piece of paper, but in the end it sells for something and imperfections can ruin that.

I would say you read the entire article because at the bottom it says I was just wondering.

Same thing here. I just opened a BW box and both my Zekrom and Reshiram full art cards have white specks on the backside. All the other cards in the box are fine, so it's probably just a printing error for full art cards. Still annoying though, since the cards look like they're damaged while they're actually not.
I've put some pictures of the cards in the spoiler below. They're taken with a DSi so the quality isn't amazing, but it's better than nothing. ;)

hni0001vk.jpg

hni0002g.jpg

I remember having a white speck on mine and trying to rub it off, then realising that it was a speck. I can't post a picture of it, because I traded it, but I remember stopping in a game to try and get rid of it. XD

I also think I might have the same thing on the front of a B/W Grass Energy, but I'll have to check it.

Lol, I came here to post about my damaged Pikachu, and I find this thread.

After I opened the pack, I went home and checked that it had a smudge (only visible to light) on the back and had some edging on the top. If I saw someone with this card, I'd say that it has been played, but I just opened it. I wanted to trade it for something, doubt it's any good now >:[

I'd trade for it. :p landmin X slightly misscut?

I've not gotten damaged BW cards, but I also haven't gotten the secret rares. And I'm slowly scratching the yellow border off my B/W holos.. To give it the japanese look.

I actually checked both of my Full Art cards when I got home, and they're fine, but I did happen to notice some slight weirdness with some of the RH I got. It looks like there's a sprinkling of very tiny glitter across part of the card (inside the picture box and around part of the yellow border), which I'm guessing in the the print flecked away from the holo or something. It's most noticeable on my Reshiram RH, and it looked like that right when I pulled it out of the pack.

@Gymmo - That's exactly what mine look like. Thanks for the pics!

@Tyraniking - I've had that happen to about 4 cards from a Platinum pack it should just rub off easily.

@Carlitosbob - Who are you askig? @_@

I bought a box of Black and White yesterday and pulled 2 Zekrom full arts (plus a Reshiram full art in the first pack I opened :D ) but the one of the Zekrom's backgrounds is lighter being more grayish rather than black. I saw two other Zekrom cards and they are full black as well. Out of curiosity could this be a printers error?

The Zekrom itself is fine though and I have no problems with it I'm just curious if anyone knows or has one just like it.

[attachment=6273]

The one on the left is the one I think is the printers error.

Attachments

• Cards.jpg
    Cards.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 58
@VidFox, I was asking anyone really. They could also check my list for something since landmin is really not enough.. But I wanted to stay on topic at least a little bit :)

I think my Zekrom's background might have been the same, it's hard to memorise it from a week ago now that it's gone, but it definitely might have been.

I have the same thing on both of mine. I got the Box and they immediately went in a Sleeve. Also, all of the Holos that I pulled were BENT! (The RHs were fine) (My sis also got a box with the same problem) I don't know why. I was very careful when opening up the Packs.

Techdeck101 said:
I have the same thing on both of mine. I got the Box and they immediately went in a Sleeve. Also, all of the Holos that I pulled were BENT! (The RHs were fine) (My sis also got a box with the same problem) I don't know why. I was very careful when opening up the Packs.
When you say all of your holos were bent, you mean they had a vertical curve going down the card correct? If so, the same thing happened at my prerelease. Everyone seemed to have those curved holos and it's pretty annoying because the card's not actually damaged, but if you try to trade it to someone, they may disagree with you.

Back