Create A New Status Condition For the Pokémon Video Games

98Greener

tree noises
Oh looky!
Game Freak has decided that you, (yes, you) are to create a new status condition!

Just make sure it isn't overpowered....
And it should also stay within the rated E10+ category.

RE: Create a new status condition.

Oh my, I'm so honored...

How about... anger? The pokemon would be so furious that some turns it would listen to its trainer, but some turns it wouldn't. To make it somewhat different than paralysis, you could make the chance of the pokemon attacking 25% and boost STAB to 1.7x when it does attack, or something like that.

Re: Create a new status condition.

what about the ecxited status. u get a 50% increase in speed but your accuraccy is decreased by 30

RE: Create a new status condition.

Allergy status condition. The affected pokemon will lose 1/8 of its max HP at the end of each turn (like normal Poison damage). Also, affected pokemon have a 25% chance of being unable to act during their turn (Paralyzation without the speed reduction). Effect lasts 3-5 turns (like Sleep).

Move I had in mind:

Allergen Powder:
20 PP
Grass type, status
Inflicts the Allergy condition on the target pokemon.

As a powder move, Grass types are immune. It doesn't make sense for them to become allergic to anything anyway. :p
Exclusive to most Grass, Bug, Poison and some Ground type pokemon (think: Gastrdon, Flygon, Gliscor). Possibly others (Swoobat, Florges and Altaria come to mind).

RE: Create A New Status Condition

I dunno what I'd call it, but something that halves a Pokemon's Special Attack and does 1/8 damage per turn, like Burn does for Physical Attack.

I'd also probably relate it to Fairy-types somehow, since Faeries work with like Magic and stuff.

Dazzled status condition.

The affected pokemon has its accuraccy and evasion reduced in a 30% for 2 to 4 turns.

Moves that inflict it:
Old:
Dazzling gleam
Power gem
Flash
Sweet kiss
Heat wave
New:
Bright powder (grass, learnable by some bug types)
Mirror (steel, learnable by many ice types)
Laser beam (fire, learned mostly by electric types)
Dazzle dance (normal)

TPO3 said:
I dunno what I'd call it, but something that halves a Pokemon's Special Attack and does 1/8 damage per turn, like Burn does for Physical Attack.

I'd also probably relate it to Fairy-types somehow, since Faeries work with like Magic and stuff.

Distraction, perhaps? could be an updated effect for confide and flatter.

Taken from PMD games:

Leg Hold - Prevents Pokémon in 3 on 3 Battles from switching places.
Whiffer - Accuracy is temporarily lowered 6 Stages (Lasts 2 turns).
Muzzled - Pokémon cannot use moves that require the mouth.

Hmm, how about Scared?

Not sure how it would work. Maybe it would have a chance of causing your pokemon to retreat back into its ball, flee from wild battle, flinch, or maybe use status moves instead of attacks (like trying to protect itself from what it's afraid of)?

I could see it as being mostly caused by ghost and dark types. A move like Scary Face, or maybe Mean Look could have this condition added to it or changed to it.

Status name: Wet

the Pokemon looses speed and accuracy ?

(So Water Pulse will have better fitting added effect)

Just think that Water type Pokemon have been neglected in this issue ..

I'm pretty sure this isn't about TCG conditions, DNA, but rather the GameFreak games, which would be why Frozen wasn't mentioned,

I like the idea of a "Scared" or "Panicked" condition with the effect of the Pokemon taking it's own initiative, instead of listening to the Trainer. Instead of "loafing around" the Pokemon could be "cowering in fear." In addition, accuracy could go down a bit. Of course this only needs to last a finite amount of turns.

What about the "sore" status condition?

You know how you get those brown spots on your legs? And when you have a bruise like that, someone pokes it and makes it hurt? Well, the "sore" condition would essentially be like a Pokemon getting bruised rather than a person. For example, a Machamp uses Karate Chop. The Pokemon that gets hit will be sore from the attack.

The opponent's defense will go down by 50% and it lasts for only three turns, but it disappears if the opponent is recalled back into the Pokeball. However, Ghost-type Pokemon aren't affected since most of them can't really be punched (it'll go right through), or they can just disappear anyway.

Karate Chop
Double Slap
Scratch (Imagine a Haxorus with Scratch...I would get bruised)
Bite (it hurts..)
Double Hit
Arm Thrust
Comet Punch
Needle Arm (ow?)
Some of the moves can be fixed so that the status condition happens instead of something like flinching.

A lot of these are Normal-type attacks, surprisingly (though there are Fighting-type attacks not mentioned). Not only does this benefit some of those weaker punching attacks, but those impossible physical walls just got easier to handle. It isn't overpowered because most of the attacks aren't strong anyway.

RE: Create A New Status Condition For the Pokémon Games

Ok, I think I've got one:

Unnerved
Reduces Sp.A by 50% and the Pokemon has a 10% chance of not attacking (or would that make it overpowered?)

Old moves that cause it (with their other effects being nulled, if necessary)
-Dark Pulse
-Bug Buzz
-Boomburst
(Dark Pulse has horrid thoughts, Bug Buzz is an uncomfortable noise, Boomburst - see Bug Buzz)
(there are probably tons more existing moves that could cause this effect, these 3 were the only ones I could think of)

New moves that cause it:
-Infiltrated Mind - this would be the auto Unnerved move; the idea is that the opponent gets its mind infiltrated and so feels uncomfortable. Would probably be a Ghost move but can be learnt by Psychic and Dark types (similar to how Will-O-Wisp is Fire but many Ghosts learn it)
-Stare Down - the Pokemon gives its opponent an evil glare and the other Pokemon feels intimidated and unnerved. Would probably be Dark
-Hive Shock - the Pokemon summons it's underlings to fright the opponent. Would be Bug and a new sig. move of Vespiquen
-Illusion Beam - the Pokemon sends out a beam that distorts the foes reality into a scary scene. Would be a Dark TM but only learnt naturally by Zorua/Zoroark (akin to how Pan/Simipour are the only Pokemon to naturally learn Scald but it's still available through TM) plus it has the potential for a seriously awesome animation

mainly invented because there should be a Sp.A reducing status to go with Burn reducing the attack stat.

I think I have one for special attack lowering perhaps-

Anxious- The Pokemon gets anxiety and becomes unable to focus its Special Attacks, it also wastefully uses its power when attacking.
- Cuts Special Attack by 50%
- Gives a "Pressure" like effect where all PP usage is doubled. (could be coupled with the Pressure ability to stall as well ^_^.

Im not exactly sure what could inflict this status, though.
Dark Pulse comes to mind because of its description, perhaps a new protect like move that since stopping the attack, it makes the attacker anxious? Perhaps a move called "Parry" or "Dodge", where the attacker gets CLOSE to hitting but misses (flavor text).

I tried to think of a status where the Pokemon had its Sp Atk cut AND took damage like BURN, but couldnt really think of anything unique. "Numb" was a thought, but I felt it was too in line with paralysis. Maybe "Blinded" or the earlier mentioned "Dazzled", where the Pokemon cant quite tell where the target is and hurts itself in the process of attacking, while still attacking and having its Sp Atk cut- BUT it would only make sense for that to affect Attack stats as well.... hmmmmmmm......

How about 'Mud' or 'Quick Sand'

Mud- The affected Pokémon is stuck in mud. When its stuck in mud it cant use any moves or switch out of battle, untill its freed. Mud is the same as froozen, in terms of length of it affecting. Like frozen, confusion, and sleep, its all random when the pokemon is freed & Just like a pokemon can thaw out on the same turn its frozen, a pokemon can escape the mud on the same turn it got stuck. Moves that can free it immediately are moves like rapid spin.

Quick Sand- The affected pokemon is stuck in quick sand. Quick sand is less of a status condition but could still act as one. Being similar to Perish Song, the pokemon is trapt in quick sand for three turns untill its ko'd, (being drowned). But unlike perish song the pokemon cant switch out of battle because its stuck. But certain move can free it like u-turn, volt switch, & baton pass. & yes the pokemon can still use any kind of moves while being stuck in quick sand

what do you think

How about making Curse its own status condition?? Besides the move curse itself, they could make a lot of ghost, psychic, and even fairy type moves that could afflict the curse status. They could even make cursed body cause the attacking Pokemon to be cursed!! So much awesome potential right there :D

Lazy

Basically this status is inflicted when you do not use a pokemon, that has been in your traveling party, for more than two game day cycles. What would happen is, you choose said pokemon but immediately after releasing it from the pokeball it jumps back into the pokeball and the next pokemon in line is released.

Example:
Go Pikachu!
Pikachu enters battle
Oh no Pikachu is too lazy to battle!
Pikachu leaves battle; Graveler enters battle
Graveler has entered the battle because Pikachu was too lazy!
Just a little more, Graveler! Hang in there!

How about it?

I really like the idea of the lazy status, but I'm left wondering how you'd fix it. Is it fixed next battle? Would there be an NPC to fix it? Mom would be a good candidate if that's the case.

Hmmmm, there might already be a status condition already posted like this, but how about some thing called Pumped?

Pumped - Lasts 4 - 5 turns
Caused by beating a Pokemon at least 2 levels higher.
Caused by beating at least 3 Pokemon without switching out.
Caused by the move Bulk Up

Effects - Increases Attack and Spc. Attack by 50%
Decreases Defense and Spc. Defense by 50%
The Pokemon can only use damaging moves
The Pokemon cannot be switched out, as it feels it can take on the world.

*Reviving the dead thread...*

Soaked (Nonvolatile)
Caused by some water type moves.
- 10% chance to be caused by Surf, Water Pulse, Water Spout, Water gun, Hydro Pump, Muddy Water, Waterfall, Ocatzooka, Whirl Pool, Hydro Cannon, Brine.
- 100% chance to be cause by Soak.
- Doesn't affect Water types
- Makes the target take 100% more damage from Ice type moves and increases the chance of Freezing by 10%.
- Healed if hit by fire type move.

Itchy (Nonvolatile)
Caused by some Bug and Grass type moves.
- 10% chance to be caused by Razor Leaf, Cotton Spore, Frenzy Plant, Leaf Blade, Magical Leaf, Spider Web, Attack Order, Infestation.
- 90% chance to be caused by Needle Arm, Spiky Shield, Bug Bite.
- Doesn't affect Rock types, Bug types, or Steel types
- Lowers Special Attack by 50%
- 10% to not attack (much like paralysis)
- Healed if hit by Water type move or healed by a move that only restores HP (Wish, Heal Pulse, Recover, Rest, Moonlight, Healing Wish) excluding Roost.

Back