Pokemon 'CoroCoro' Reveals New Pokemon for Next Year's Film

Axelsaurus

Honnouji Accademy League Champ
It's Nidhogg! Ragnarok is happening in the movie! Pokemon Ragnarok. That is, if you believe XY to be based off loose connections of Norse mythology. Our current Zygarde is clearly in a weaker state, as the lore says Zygarde waits for the world above to go into disarray. Nidhogg fed off Yggdrasil until Ragnarok in which he unleashed his true power and fought Thor. Regardless if there is a connection or not, the silhouette has features from Zygarde. I mean, I doubt it's volcanion since the first form hasnt been revealed and I doubt it's a new new pokemon. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nidhogg never fought anyone. You're speaking about the Midgard serpent Jörmungandr, who fought with Thor during Ragnarök, both killing him and being killed. Nidhogg was a corpses&roots-eating serpent from Náströnd, the corpse-shore of Niflheim, and it's one of the few survivors of Ragnarök. It was more an "after-life punisher" rather than a guardian of the balance between Life and Death. Zygarde is clearly based on Nidhogg, being a neutral underground serpent-like dragon, but its "guardian role" is probably inspired by other figures rather than Nidhogg. In general,the 6th gen 'mons are only superficially inspired by Norse Mythology, without most connections to the original story.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
We'd know already if it was a new Pokemon. Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion were already in the game files. Hoopa Unbound and the ORAS megas may lack backwards compatibility with XY but it seems a bit soon to be into Gen 7 which is the only real explanation for adding whole new Pokemon that can't be linked with games only 2 years old.

Also the reason we got so few Pokemon in Kalos was because of the megas.

That shouldn't always be the case... I mean GF are developers... They MUST know which things are accessible through hacking... That's why they must have kept hidden the existence of different pokemon. Also don't forget the DLC factor. Give XY a patch and poof! You have an expanded pokedex

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
That shouldn't always be the case... I mean GF are developers... They MUST know which things are accessible through hacking... That's why they must have kept hidden the existence of different pokemon. Also don't forget the DLC factor. Give XY a patch and poof! You have an expanded pokedex

They said they wouldn't do that as I recall. Or else surely they'd have patched in ORAS megas for wifi battling.

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
Wait a second

See the two glowing eyes with the glowing triangle?

Where have we seen that before?

That's right. I'm implying that this is no Zygarde form. It is the complete Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem.

That thing glowing in the middle of whatever-Zygarde's face is ALSO in Zygarde's design, it just can't be the Original Dragon. We already got out of Generation 5, we're in Generation 6, and BW/B2W2 remakes aren't anywhere close.

X/Y and OR/AS weren't made with DLC in mind.

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
I just wonder how exactly the moves "thousand arrows" and "thousand waves" tie into this pokemon. Cause when you really think about it... why would this one colossal form need two new signature moves?

There has to be another form for this of some kind... (tbh I'm disappointed just by the silhouette alone, I wanted a cool snake like form that still resembled zygarde like giratina rather than shadow of the colossus.)

Personally... what I'm seeing is a mega evolution, of a mega evolution.. I mean that design is so overly dramatically different, I can't picture zygarde turning into that.. (although the same could've been said for hoop-u I guess..)

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Okay, yeah, that looks a lot like it's based off Shadow of the Colossus.

Exactly what I thought.

Think about this: how many mythicals were in gen 5? Victini, Keldeo, meloetta, and Genesect. 4. How many in gen 4? Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus. 4. How many in gen 6? Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion. 3. The last mythicals in gen 4 and 5 were kind of the biggest and most powerful mythicals of their generation, Arceus breaking the stat limit and genesect being, although with 600 base stats, the most powerful mythical in gen 5(tied with Meloetta and victini, but thats not the point) he was still technically the big bad mythical of his generation. Gen 6 Has Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. While Volcanion could be the big one, and Hoopa unbound having 680, Diancie's mega having 700, volcanion has 600. This next "new Pokemon" might be the Big bad mythical of gen 6. Of course, the kyurems did have 700, but if we're not talking base stats, then this might be the one. It doesn't resemble Zygarde enough(in my opinion) to be a new form. And I doubt they would repeat a Kyurem situation. Zygarde might have a mega at best. Then again they could pull another Kyurem situation, But it's probably not this guy. I think its going to be another mythical, But it hasn't been programmed into X and Y, much like Some things in ORAS weren't exactly programmed into XY. I would love to see a super awesome colossus mythical too, so more points on the mythical side. Still rooting for a Zygarde boost though, I love that 'mon. Just hoping a snake doesnt become a colossal humanoid being.

-Edit 7/14/15-
I'm beginning to see some Zygarde resemblance. I'm going to leave it at my thought is that its either a mythical or Zygarde.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
My money this is a Zygarde form. Since Xerneas is about Life, and Yvetal is Destruction this Zyarge form might be something like Limbo/Death given it's demonic form.

But that's just my thought, i'm usually not right (I thought the Mewtwo Y reveal was fake until I saw a trailer)

Zygarde is actually the Order Pokemon, which is one of the reasons it has Aura Break as the ability.

Green778

They said they wouldn't do that as I recall. Or else surely they'd have patched in ORAS megas for wifi battling.

X/Y and OR/AS weren't made with DLC in mind.

Well, GF is a company that aims on making more and more profit. If they feel DLC would sell I don't see why they shouldn't do it... Look at Pokemon Bank! And as always they would say: "for providing better customer satisfaction" and blah blah blah... Masahiro Sakurai (Creator and Director of the Super Smash Bros Series) openly said "Smash 4 will have NO DLC" but after a while EVERYTHING on Smash 4 is DLC. They can't just exclude the beloved Battle Frontier for no serious reason.

What kind of excuse is: "We feared that People wouldn't use the BF, so we decided against it." Yeah, right... Like BF wouldn't be the best place for VGC competitors to train. Or OLD school fans would finally get a new BF after years and years of waiting the ORAS sequel... So, they analysed people's opinions and exactly like Mewtwo they will bring it back as DLC. OR as a new feature for Pokemon Z, which I believe will be a crossover between regions. (possibly Hoehn and Kalos)

Green778

Zygarde is actually the Order Pokemon, which is one of the reasons it has Aura Break as the ability.

It was a shame that the relation between Xerneas, Yveltal wasn't explained in XY. Zygarde feels unnatural between the two... :/ At least for me

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
It's not a safe bet, I dare say I'm 100% sure there will be no (actually) new Pokemon in Z (or variations thereupon). Of course I'll be first to admit I'm wrong and it would be a pleasant surprise since all the "new" Pokemon recently have just been form changes.

It was a shame that the relation between Xerneas, Yveltal wasn't explained in XY. Zygarde feels unnatural between the two... :/ At least for me

Was Kyurem's link to Reshiram/Zekrom fully explored in BW?

The Dude

He was the very best, that no one ever was...
Three glowing lights. Hmm what pokemon has those(sarcasm). I think its a new regi form or mega.

Green778

It's not a safe bet, I dare say I'm 100% sure there will be no (actually) new Pokemon in Z (or variations thereupon). Of course I'll be first to admit I'm wrong and it would be a pleasant surprise since all the "new" Pokemon recently have just been form changes.

Was Kyurem's link to Reshiram/Zekrom fully explored in BW?

That's a fact I agree. But at least it had the "Meteor Story," as an explanation (which proved false, but there was one!) of its origin. Zygarde had nothing. It just appeared in a cave. That's all there is to it... Mewtwo? Alone for no reason in a cave... ORAS Legendaries? Lugia/ Ho-oh etc. came through interstellar travel from hoops...

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
I'm looking at zygarde's movepool, and it just seems odd picturing zygarde, in this form using some of these moves..

Coil, Glare, it's only Physical Dragon STAB being Dragon Tail and Outrage, Crunch, E-Speed, Dig, Bind... I mean, unless it retains it's serpentine appearance some how, I can't picture any colossus looking zygarde form using some of these moves.

Maybe this is what it'll look like?
etiA54g.jpg

To me, it looks a bit more like the "wings" are completely seperated.. I almost thought it had a Dr octopus type design with the "frills" acting as four legs holding him up.

seriously this thing controls the environment, but can't learn stealth rocks? Zygarde just needs a better movepool..

Last edited:

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Are they wings, or are they awkward shoulder-capes?
I'm digging the extra eye thing. I imagine Zygarde to be this omniscient giant worm who's hexagonal panels (all over his body, including his eyes) each have a connection to a different ecosystem/part of the world, and can sense the peace being disturbed anywhere; for instance, the boy cries "wolf". But he kind of looks like a super-futuristic CPU, so maybe that was the point? Baking based on a kind of world serpent, I suppose that type of "connectivity" was what they were going for.

The end of the week needs to be here, I want to see this freaking trailer so bad ;-;

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Does anyone have some doubts about this "new Pokémon"? It clearly is Zygarde... there are 2 signature moves related to him that are not used yet, and there is no Zygarde in the TCG (and the 6th gen Pokémon were released in late 2013, almost 2 years ago!!)... Something big related to him is coming, guys.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I'm looking at zygarde's movepool, and it just seems odd picturing zygarde, in this form using some of these moves..

Coil, Glare, it's only Physical Dragon STAB being Dragon Tail and Outrage, Crunch, E-Speed, Dig, Bind... I mean, unless it retains it's serpentine appearance some how, I can't picture any colossus looking zygarde form using some of these moves.

Maybe this is what it'll look like?
etiA54g.jpg

To me, it looks a bit more like the "wings" are completely seperated.. I almost thought it had a Dr octopus type design with the "frills" acting as four legs holding him up.

seriously this thing controls the environment, but can't learn stealth rocks? Zygarde just needs a better movepool..

I seriously hope there's more to it than that design...I don't know about others but I sure don't want another Original Giratina!