Pokemon 'CoroCoro' Reveals New Pokemon for Next Year's Film

We have so little information it's hard to figure out what to make of it. Is it a forme of Zygarde? Possible. Is it another forme to another Pokémon. Maybe. Is it an entirely new Pokémon? Possible but I suppose not too likely. Maybe it has nothing to do with Pokémon and more about some event in the movie that will affect a human. We just can't know.

That being said, I'm going go with an impossible shot here and say we're looking at Mega Golurk.

Well, GF is a company that aims on making more and more profit. If they feel DLC would sell I don't see why they shouldn't do it... Look at Pokemon Bank! And as always they would say: "for providing better customer satisfaction" and blah blah blah... Masahiro Sakurai (Creator and Director of the Super Smash Bros Series) openly said "Smash 4 will have NO DLC" but after a while EVERYTHING on Smash 4 is DLC. They can't just exclude the beloved Battle Frontier for no serious reason.

What kind of excuse is: "We feared that People wouldn't use the BF, so we decided against it." Yeah, right... Like BF wouldn't be the best place for VGC competitors to train. Or OLD school fans would finally get a new BF after years and years of waiting the ORAS sequel... So, they analysed people's opinions and exactly like Mewtwo they will bring it back as DLC. OR as a new feature for Pokemon Z, which I believe will be a crossover between regions. (possibly Hoehn and Kalos)

If they intended to do DLC, they would have programmed the games in a way that makes it easy for them to do DLC, but they didn't, because they are comfy with their current model of bringing out final products and then moving onto the next project (which sometimes uses a previous project as the basis, making the new product an upgraded version of the previous, which makes DLC unnecessary and less profitable than not bothering to do any DLC). That's their mindset on DLC and if it's gonna change, it's at least not going to be before this generation is finished, so DLC plays no role RIGHT NOW.

As for the Battle Frontier....now this is going far off-topic, but I'll explain it one more time as careful as possible.

They didn't "exclude" it. They didn't ADD it, big difference. A full-blown Battle Frontier is not a small feat to add into a Pokemon game.
Think back through the franchise. We have seen 2 Battle Frontiers so far. What kind of games did GF get around to making them? Emerald and Platinum, both projects where they started with a previous product as the basis. In both cases 90% of the game was already THERE, which opens up a lot of development time for very specific features that are otherwise out of the question due to the core game having priority. It is in the third version/sequel-games that they shift their focus from "satisfying the casual audience" to an engaging post-game, a good polish and features for the more serious and advanced players.

ORAS was not that. It was about experiencing Hoenn and its story again. Which means they had to remake the whole region and story from scratch, add enough new twists to keep things interesting, create more mega evolutions, add features like the dexNav and Soaring, reintroduce contests and secret bases and most importantly, they figured they had to give us something simple but quantitative to do for the longer wait till the next games: the biggest amount of legendaries to collect in any Pokemon game to date (which also neatly closes up any loose ties to previous generations and absolves XY-sequels of that job so they can focus on whatever they want then).

If you honestly expected a Battle Frontier in ORAS, then sorry, but your expectations were simply not anywhere near realistic. To me and people I discussed it with, it was obvious they would not attempt to tackle a big post-game feature like that in basic games like these. The attempt at making Rayquaza relevant in the post-game too had priority, and the Delta episode is all they managed to pull off (certainly less elegant than Emerald was at tidying up the actual plot).
ORAS had certain goals (revisiting Hoenn and its story, expanding both and connecting them to the current theme of Mega-evolution. Target: nostalgia-prone and casual players/collectors), and a BF was never meant to be a part of that because everything else was priority for this project and it didn't fit into the development cycle, if it was considered at all (because there is a good chance they planned to make one in XY-sequels the whole time already anyway)

But hey, as if it wasn't reassuring enough that the odds for a Battle Frontier or something similar are actually realistic for the XY-sequels by default, no, we can even be completely certain that there will be, due to ORASes Battle Resort flat out telling us in the face "Battle Frontier is in development", which is a clear hint for one being included in the games that come next.

Last edited:
To add on to what @Mitja put out there, and I'm glad that other people are getting it, is that the extra installments based in a region that already had a pair of main-series games do follow certain patterns for post-game content; Emerald's battle frontier, the frontier shared between Pt and HGSS(Along with the Pokeathlon games in HGSS, if we're counting all distractions), and the Pokemon World Tournament of BW2 (Plus the PokeStar Studio, if we're just counting battle-based locations you can visit independent of the main story) were all built on top of a pre-existing game. HGSS is really the biggest feat, arguably, since they had to build two regions and then just port the Battle Frontier over.

It's not completely outside of the realm of possibility to have had a Battle Frontier. My belief is as follows; Every generation, there comes a new wave of children that are potential players who need to learn about the world of Pokemon. All of those new trainers will have limited to absolutely no access to certain older Pokemon if their first games are going to be XY/ORAS. They chose to make ORAS the second half of an educational experience for the newcomers after cramming over half of the national Pokedex into the Kalos region by putting all other Pokemon you can't catch in XY into ORAS, plus making an expansion pack of Mega Evolutions. Choosing to make it possible between the last four main series games to catch everything, save for a handful of event-distributed Pokemon(you can count them on your fingers), plus programming more Megas all indicates (to me, anyway. Hi, I'm a game animator.) that they weren't trying to offer up new battle formats or gameplay possibilities, but a chance to discover.

That mission to allow for "discovery" is probably what spawned the Delta Episode.

I will, however, defend the lack of a Battle Frontier with the advent of turning secret bases into personalized Gym Challenges. Being able to challenge other people on their terms is somewhat like participating in specialized battle formats while still playing into both Gamefreak's love for player-to-player connectivity and the educational experience they wanted to create.

I've also made the argument before that the next games are likely to include a battle frontier. There are no brand-new species, which means no brand-new slots after Volcanion in the Pokedex. Now that there's been time to get everyone caught up, save for whatever this "new Pokemon" is, you can probably anticipate seeing new battle challenges next year...or old battle challenges. I'll take both Battle Frontiers plus the PMW, the Royal Unova, S.S. Aqua, the Battle Subway, Black Tower/the White Treehollow, and Inver's house on an expanded version of the Battle Zone, complete with Survival and Resort areas. Throw in some brand new ideas for good measure so I can be totally comatose from post-game overload, GF. kthx.

I'll be honest, I was expecting something more Giratina-Oish. Really hope this is Volcanion instead of Zygarde. Who knows, I might end up liking it, but so far it looks too serpent unlike for my taste.

Why are people expecting something to happen to Volcanion? Can't it be a final design on itself?

It doesn't seem like an incomplete Pokemon (unlike Kyurem and Zygarde), it doesn't seem too cheap (like peoples objections were to the kami being so identical in design) and it doesn't look like a kid that needs to prove smth (ala Keldeo)... also, so far each gen not all events have had some big design change along their reveal (Jirachi, Manaphy/Darkrai/Arceus, Genesect)

Actually, the only other pokemon it reminds me of, is Heatran. They're both metallic quadruped creatures that are super heated, just that one is melting and the other boiling. They even have similar base stats and both a type-absorbing ability.

I personally don't think Volcanion will be as much of a big deal as Hoopa for example. It'll probably have something to do with the locked powerplants in Kalos in the XY-sequels next year.

I don't know how the powerplant has any importance at all like people are thinking..

I think this will probably tie in where Yveltal disappeared to. Back in the diancie movie, Yveltal just flew off into the distance and nothing was heard of it again. Perhap Xerneas and Yveltal will have an actual battle instead of a staring contest.. and Zygarde reveals how it balances the two out. Volcanion can maybe make a cameo appearance rather than major appear, like suicune in the 4th movie or Regigigas in giratina's movie.

Last edited:
Why are people expecting something to happen to Volcanion? Can't it be a final design on itself?

It doesn't seem like an incomplete Pokemon (unlike Kyurem and Zygarde), it doesn't seem too cheap (like peoples objections were to the kami being so identical in design) and it doesn't look like a kid that needs to prove smth (ala Keldeo)... also, so far each gen not all events have had some big design change along their reveal (Jirachi, Manaphy/Darkrai/Arceus, Genesect)

Actually, the only other pokemon it reminds me of, is Heatran. They're both metallic quadruped creatures that are super heated, just that one is melting and the other boiling. They even have similar base stats and both a type-absorbing ability.

I personally don't think Volcanion will be as much of a big deal as Hoopa for example. It'll probably have something to do with the locked powerplants in Kalos in the XY-sequels next year.
When diancie and hoopa came around I felt somehow their design was incomplete however I feel that Volcanion is perfect the way he is and doesn't need anything but thats how I felt about Rayquaza and I got proven wrong since I never thought it can get any cooler.

Today in Japan, the latest Pokémon movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages, opened and within it, according to our envoy and close friend to the site, Gin who just saw the movie, there was something new appearing in it. She describes it as being bright green with one eye larger than the other. During the trailer for next years movie, its eye looked through the O of the word Pokémon and then it blobbed about. This was then followed by the large new Pokémon silhouette revealed on July 12th. Gin has kindly provided a few possible sketches of this Pokémon, but it is likely to differ greatly. It of course could still be an alternate form, a weird separated part of a new form of an existing Pokémon or something new, but it remains to be seen. We'll bring full details of this as and when it comes so keep checking back.
Source-Serebii

newpokemon2.jpg
newpokemon.jpg

Could this mean we do actually get Gen 7 early, and no 3rd XY game?

Hmmm... I cant wait to see it myself!

Is designing something that's not a blob that hard (Ditto, etc, etc)? Or are they trying to repeat the Goomy hype?

Wasn't there something like this happen before, where a new "something" was shown in a preview for the next movie and someone drew a picture of it? I can't remember which Pokemon it was...

Now I have no ideal what's coming next: Z, Gen. 7, or it could even be a combination of the two.

Edit: Remembered it! It was Trevenant when it was shown in trailer for XY before the Genesect movie.

Last edited:
That looks so similar to shupper [with an eyepatch]. The new screenshot seems to be much more defined, particularly those hands.

On a side-note, is that a head on the right in the screenshot?

EDIT: Maybe this psuedo-Shuppet will be the other form or prevolution of this other monster?

Yeah the sketch looked like a shuppet to me as well
but after reading the description, I want to believe its a new mythical pokemon, possibly the first poison type legendary. Since its a blob, maybe it could have relations with radioactivity?

So they're doing what they did with Victini a few years back.
And once again, we're all left going, "...what?"

Ugh, Pokemon Sunday super-special tv show, please show us this freaking promo!

(I wanna play the guessing game now; It's some sort of weird regressed version of Zygarde.)

Last edited:
Hmmm probably it doesn't confirm anything, but the Gen 6's Game 3 theory with as much new Pokemon as XY seems more and more real!

Back