Finished Convicted 2 - (Murder/Mystery Roleplaying Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another double murder? Dude, this is gettin' down to the wire, and I don't know who the murderer is! This ain't no fun anymore...

Celever said:
Another double murder? Dude, this is gettin' down to the wire, and I don't know who the murderer is! This ain't no fun anymore...

If you guys don't want one this close to the end, then I won't worry about it :p Guess I'm getting eager to writing an epilogue.

Turtwig said:
Celever said:

If you guys don't want one this close to the end, then I won't worry about it :p Guess I'm getting eager to writing an epilogue.

(OOC)

You'd have to ask everyone, but personally I feel obligated to submit this cycle, which would probably lead to my death anyway.

Although when I said "this ain't no fun anymore" it was in-character, this game is still a lot of fun ;)

TwistedTurtwig said:
I think it's come time for me to submit my guess. Don't want to risk waiting any longer.

Eh... In this game, it really drives me crazy deciding whether I want to guess and risk dying, or continue reading to see what my character does.
Although, I'm also very interested to see my character's death as well. :p

In that case, we'll do a double murder. If the murderer is guessed by the next chapter, then he will replace one of the victims (the one that lives will be determined randomly).

Also, remember that any analyses, comments, or assumptions in this thread are skeptical in their own right. Look at the list of characters left and determine who the most likely suspects are, but it's your own choice to post your ideas in this thread. You can throw people off as much as you want because it's fair game--especially at this point. We're down the wire, several people have multiple characters alive, and my own NPC is in there. Anything could happen.

I've got a question, Turtwig. What happens if multiple people submit a guess? Does only one die if they're wrong? And if so, how is it picked? Randomly, or is it determined by the time sent in?

If multiple people guess, the first that guesses gets his answer submitted. The others after the first guesser will have to submit the next time. No one knows who guesses, but the ones that guess after another person do know that someone has. Nobody knows who guesses what unless they want to share after the murderer is caught.

Chapter update will be within the next two-ish days, guys! Until then, I'd love it if you could participate in this round's survey. It's not too long and you don't have to answer everything. Be honest; no one will see your anonymous answers (they shouldn't, at least). Don't be afraid to suggest something. If you think it stinks that dead characters are done, say so. If you think the accusation thing should be done differently, give me ideas! Raichulover11 and I will be working together later this month on creating the third round. We want your feedback!

Anyone can take the survey--even observers.

Convicted 2 Survey

Thanks!

Honestly, due to not ever being accused, I don't actually know what you submit as an alibi; could I (we) see an example?

You can actually see one in the OP as an example!

Here's a pretty good one from round 1 written by MtC:
Alibi:
*In response to Smeargle's comment" W-WHAT? No I didn't! Nido and I were locked in that cage until the chandelier crashed down on us. And even if I was somehow able to do all this, why would I have crashed the chandelier on top of Nidoking? LOOK AT HIM! His legs look crushed! I would never do something like this to him. I also wouldn't have killed 3 people for seemingly no reason, in case you were wondering.

It was Sneasel who did this! She mentioned something about Gardevoir not making it out alive, and everyone started accusing her of being the murderer. She got so angry at everyone that she started tearing up the room. All I saw was her smash the TV before I looked away, not wanting to see anymore. I didn't see her knock the chandelier down, but who else would've done it? ... Well? What are we all standing around for? Get that lunatic away from everyone!

Accusation: Sneasel (Celever)

It doesn't have to be that long; the one that I have in the OP is about the minimum of what you'd need.

Edit: Busy busy week at school, so the chapter will be posted on Thursday the 15th. I've been working on it, but I just haven't gotten the time to finish.

OOH the reward for the
Not telling you
is SO good. -_-

On the other hand, I can't wait to begin with the Convicted 3, yet I love playing so much!

I'm sorry that this came out so late, but schoolwork started getting backed up. I should be able to do this regularly again. This chapter has a lot of character reflection in it! There will be only seven left once these two die. This is less than last round!

Chapter 10

It wasn’t easy viewing Lopunny’s corpse. When Carracosta brought it out from the bathroom, several pairs of hands went to faces. Tears streamed down faces. Eyes lost glimmers of hope. Why? Lopunny seemed like she would be the killer. She had the motive, the attitude, the guts. It seemed only the innocent ones were left now. Who could possibly have the hatred to kill all of these Pokemon? As Carracosta dragged Lopunny’s stiffened corpse into the storage room, several minds were blown.

Presently, Stunfisk sits in the stands. He watches everyone mope around and decides that he should mope, too. After all, he wants to fit in. It’s all he’s ever wanted. Well, he wanted Gothorita back when she was alive, but it seems like she died a year ago. Stunfisk flops around and waits for something to happen.

Aipom and Sylveon sit quietly along the stage. The monkey looks up at his friend and smiles, but her mouth does not budge. He pats her back, smooths her fur, but she only pushes him away. Something is wrong with everyone, but he doesn’t understand. Lopunny didn’t seem like a good person, so why all the fuss? In fact, Aipom sighs. He sighs because he never seems to care about anyone. He was glad when Gothorita croaked, and Vaporeon was icing on his popcorn-encrusted cake. Whoever the murderer was, he felt he owed the man one. Now, though, he feels hollow inside. What’s wrong with him?

Leavanny weaves a shirt. He doesn’t feel bad for Lopunny; the rabbit was a self-conscious celebrity. It was just like all the others. He huffs as he turns his project around and sews the sleeve onto the main part of the shirt. No one appreciated him. Umbreon was mad that his costume was missing, Minun has been a psychopath and it seems only he knows, and Chandelure and Gothorita wouldn’t wear his clothing.

Sylveon looks over in the distance at her little crush. Umbreon is just off in the corner alone. She wants to go up to him, to tell him how she feels, but she knows nothing will come of it. The Eeveelution stares off into space and sees Honchkrow talking to Carracosta off in the distance. The two seem to be yelling at each other, but she doesn’t care. She just doesn’t. She has been defeated, humiliated, heartbroken, and she’s so close to death. What’s stopping her from taking her own life? Sylveon starts for the stairs to the catwalk. Jumping off shouldn’t be too hard.

Minun, on the other hand, is happy to be herself. She feels at peace. She dances to herself on stage and practices her contest moves. She has no audience to enjoy her display, but the mouse Pokemon just wants to live her life to the fullest. There are only three competitors left, and though she has technically lost, so has Sylveon. There could possibly be a rematch if Carracosta allows it. She has hope. In this disgusting building, this building of death and of destruction, hope is the only thing she can grasp. Life itself seemed to have ended when she walked through those Contest Hall doors. She doesn’t seem to mind it too much, though; after all, she hasn’t been the one to experience any murder scenes. She’s just a regular Minun.

Honchkrow leaves the sorry excuse for a judge. He cannot stand the stupid turtle. It doesn’t want to redo the contest anymore! However, Honchkrow always gets what he wants. He wants Sylveon to win the competition. He wants Aipom’s trust, even if temporary. In having a large amount of support in a game like this, his own personal protection is guaranteed by at least one person out of the two; there is apparently only one murderer in the building.

Electrike walks up the catwalk to inspect for any clues. He looks around and balances himself across the narrow beams that he climbs across. When he comes to his previous friend’s location, he runs up to the desk and inspects everything. However, the thing that he finds most peculiar is a weird little noise coming from below him. He looks down the side of the catwalk and sees a desperate Sylveon, her bow stuck in the cords of the stage lights. She dangles her feet and fights to get back up the catwalk. This miraculous failure has caused a change in view--Sylveon wants to live. Electrike yelps at the sight and calls for Honchkrow to catch her. The bird, however, is too busy talking with a lonely Aipom. Electrike stands on his hind legs and leans over the protective gate that covers either end of the catwalk. He extends a paw but fails to reach her. The bow is slipping as he fails.

Carracosta stumbles up the stairs and pushes Electrike out of the way. He extends an appendage down, one that is much longer than the Electric-type’s, and allows the feeble Sylveon to grasp it. He pulls her up and uses his other hand to loosen the hold that the cords had on her ear. Sylveon faints from the trauma and lies down on the catwalk. Electrike suddenly watches as a force comes up mysteriously behind Carracosta. The turtle is pushed forward, and he flips over the gate and falls down from the catwalk. Electrike looks for some source of the push, but there is not one to be found. Stunned, the Pokemon shrinks into a corner and looks up. A shady Honchkrow flies around at the ceiling.

Down on the ground, Umbreon runs to inspect Carracosta. The Pokemon had died from the impact of the floor. A pool of blood surrounds its humongous corpse, and it could not be moved due to Carracosta’s weight. Umbreon is forced to throw a blanket over the turtle and turn his back on the sight. There are only eight survivors now.

He sighs. Another death. What a surprise. He has Aipom and Leavanny go up to grab Sylveon and bring her weak body back down, and Minun and Stunfisk are to find other blankets to keep the Eeveelution warm. Umbreon, however, stands on stage and supervises.

Once the tasks are done, Umbreon clears his throat. “I have made the decision that I am going to the police after today. I am going to have them lock us all up so that our lives may just be spared. I would rather live a life of incarceration than have to lose it completely. In the meantime, I want you all to prepare for the final redo of the Pokemon Contest. Sylveon and Minun are going to re-compete for the final spot against me. With everyone dying, we may as well finish this for them. After we do it, though, I’m going to the police. I can’t do this anymore. If you have any problems with this, I am going to be in the broom closet by the bathroom. That will be my temporary office,” the Pokemon in charge says.

“You’re turning us all in for nothing?” Honchkrow cries.

“Yeah, we didn’t do anything!” Minun says.

“That isn’t fair, Umbreon,” Leavanny sighs.

“Yeah,” says Stunfisk, “and I won’t make it in prison. They’ll beat me up.”

“Get to work! We will put on the best finale this region has ever seen. Come to my office if you have any issues.

As such, every Pokemon begins working separately. Electrike goes to DJ with his music station, Aipom sits in the stands with Stunfisk, and Leavanny sews up new costumes. Honchkrow stands in the background of the whole scene. Minun practices her contest moves. Sylveon, however, is still knocked out cold. The six other Pokemon work hard and soon begin losing themselves in the work. However, one Pokemon in particular decides to visit Umbreon’s office.

A knock on the door. Silence. Umbreon is sitting in his broom closet eating bags of chips and crying. How far has he come? He came to the contest for love and ended with an ache in his heart. He never fairly earned his rank as a Master in contests. He never hooked up with Vaporeon. He didn’t even get the chance to become a successful leader--well, a leader that doesn’t have someone die after every period of time. He sighs.

Another knock. Umbreon tells the intruder to come in, and the Pokemon does so. Umbreon pauses before glancing up and drinks a soda in three gulps. He throws the can against the wall and allows the little trickle of drink to spew out. He then decides to view the complainer.

“Hello,” he says. “What seems to be the problem?”

The Pokemon looks at him and shakes its head. It raises a knife.

“You don’t know what you’re doing with that,” the Dark-type warns.

“Yes I do,” says the murderer.

“Stop it right now. You don’t have to do this,” Umbreon insists.

“I have to do it now.”

“I...I understand, but please don’t kill me.”

“No, you don’t understand.”

Umbreon and the murderer fight for a second, but the serial killer apprehends him. Umbreon is slammed to the ground and pushed against it with the limb of the killer. It gets the knife and hovers it over Umbreon’s chest, then over to his heart, and then to the ring that lies between his eyes. The Eeveelution shakes his head desperately and gulps at the weapon. The killer uses both appendages to then quickly jab the knife deep within the Pokemon’s head--right in the bullseye. It slides into his skull and makes an oozing sound as it goes deeper. The creature smiles and decides to leave the knife where it is and waits a long time before locking the door from the inside and sneaking out. Luckily, everyone was busy doing something.

Dead: Carracosta, Umbreon

Chapter 11

Honchkrow gathers the small group around on the stage. With only seven of them around, Sylveon leaves momentarily to go find Umbreon. As a result, Honchkrow speaks to only five other Pokemon about the consequences.

“While Pinky over there goes to see her boyfriend, which we all know is probably dead, we need to come up with a battle plan against her,” Honchkrow says.

Leavanny tilts his head slightly. “What do you mean? You think she’s the killer?”

“No, but we can frame her and get out of this graveyard before we die. If we leave this building individually, we’ll all shot at with Bullet Seeds. However, if we come out with Leavanny tied up and gagged, they’ll think we found the murderer. We turn her in, make some fake evidence, and skedaddle. Since goody-two-shoes kicked the bucket, we don’t have to play by the rules, eh?”

Minun frowns. “I don’t like that idea. It sounds wrong.”

Electrike speaks up. “Hey, man, we have a one-in-six chance of getting it right. Think of the fame we could have. Memoirs. How Your Home-Dawg Survived the Contest Massacre.”

Stunfisk flops around impatiently. “Bad idea. I don’t like lies.”

Honchkrow smiles at him reassuringly. “We won’t be lying...think of it as writing a story of sorts.”

“What, you think we’re just one big story?” Aipom asks.

“No, that’s preposterous. What a stupid idea. If we were just a story, wouldn’t we just skip to the last page?”

“I like surprises,” Electrike says.

“I don’t like scary stories,” the Grass/Bug-type mentions.

“You’re all cowards.”

Sylveon looks around the main area of the room and finds nothing. She goes into the bathroom. Nothing. Over to Aipom’s popcorn stand. Nothing. Only when she went to the closet did she find Umbreon’s corpse. The girl sees the stab wound deep in his yellow circle and screams. She shuts the door tight and leaves his body in there. Running back to the stage, Sylveon sees something move in the shadows of the building. Darkness begins to take over the daylight just before. Pokemon are moving around her.

Sylveon runs and trips. She slams down on her side and skids against the ground. The Pokemon is tied up by the legs and a cloth is shoved into her mouth. She internally screams and breathes vigorously through her nose.

The Pokemon struggles in an attempt to escape Honchkrow’s strong grip. However, the Pokemon has her by the talon and flies her over to the stage. She slumps over and sighs in the darkness.

The stage lights above turn on. Sylveon becomes blinded with the sudden lighting and shields her eyes with their lids. She scrunches her face up to keep them as tight as possible, though she feels like she can see the light through her eyelids.

“Hello, Sylveon,” Honchkrow replies. “Today is your lucky day. You are going to be safe from harm for a very, very long time.”

“What if she gets the death penalty?” Aipom says guiltily.

“Then six lives are spared,” Honchkrow rebuttals.

“Six lives unsure if they made the right choice,” Leavanny frowns.

They stare at the poor Eeveelution and think about the opportunity to escape, to live. Is it worth ruining a possibly innocent person’s life?

Meanwhile, Minun decides to go into the bathroom. She ignores the mirrors and does her business quickly. She goes to wash her hands and closes her eyes. She turns on the faucet and starts washing.

Suddenly, she hears the bathroom door go slightly ajar, almost as if someone could have zipped through a crack and barely made a noise. Minun, alert, opens her eyes nervously and looks into the mirror to face her demise. However, she finds no one but a red-themed mouse staring back at her.

“Guess who?” the mouse asks.

Minun gulps and feels her head starting to hurt.

Electrike goes over to DJ. He begins playing the music and nodding to the beat. Leavanny and Aipom begin to groan. Later, though, Aipom, sits by Sylveon’s pitiful soul and watches her eyes long for freedom. He feels tempted, but Honchkrow keeps his eyes on the monkey.

Stunfisk and Leavanny stay off in the distance. Stunfisk mentions Honchkrow possibly being the murderer and Leavanny’s eyes flicker as a result. Is it possible that this bird is the killer after all? He is trying to cover up the whole entire line of corpses. After all, there are thirteen corpses hidden in closets and outside rooms. Thirteen corpses that are beginning to stink up the entire Contest Hall (or at least its remains from the fire) with the odor of decay.

Minun walks out of the bathroom and looks at the two men. They see a different light in her eyes; instead of the cheery happiness she has been exhibiting, Minun now seems to have a thin layer of anger spread across them. Perhaps she is going through with Honchkrow’s plan?

Aipom runs over to Minun, Leavanny, and Stunfisk and starts whispering.

“Hey, guys, I have an idea. We all know Sylveon’s being treated unfairly, right?”

The other three nod.

“And you all probably want to do something about it, but you’re too scared to do it alone?”

They nod again.

“Then what about this?” Aipom begins before diving into a battle plan to combat.

Aipom is up at the spotlight, the only source of light in the building. Unbeknownst to Honchkrow, he has climbed up the catwalk and managed to make it to the light. According to his plan, everything is going perfect. He shuts the light off and accidentally breaks the lever that turns it back on.

Honchkrow can be heard squawking uncontrollably. A slashing sound can be heard, a slash from the knife found at Umbreon’s crime scene, and Sylveon’s ropes are free. A metal clanging falls to the ground from a short distance. Aipom jumps down onto the railing and gradually leaps to the stage’s level. He goes for Sylveon but finds her body gone. He goes for Honchkrow and finds everything missing. Aipom, desperate, runs over and feels of Electrike’s DJ station. The metal clanging happens again.

Minun directs her electricity to zap the spotlight and turn it back on. The light brightens the floor in a deep yellow shade and shows a couple of ropes torn to pieces. Beside it, however, lies the corpse of the poor DJing Electrike. His throat has a slit mark made by the knife used to cut Sylveon’s ropes, which lies beside his lifeless body. Everyone walks on stage, including Sylveon, and gawks at the innocent Pokemon’s demise.

“I thought you cut the ropes, Leavanny?” Aipom asks.

“I did, but I threw the knife down when it couldn’t get through the tougher part. I had to use my X-Scissor to cut the rope up,” he says.

“I heard the knife fall to the floor a second time,” the monkey says nervously. “Someone killed Electrike!”

Honchkrow, confused, looks at the whole crowd with an angry face. “My plan would’ve kept us alive! You idiots had to go and let the murderer free so she could kill us all. Electrike had it coming, and so will the rest of you,” he says.

The others frown at the body and feel guilty for their behavior.

Dead: Electrike

"Thank you, anyway," Sylveon mutters as she gawks at the scene. She whips around to face Honchkrow. "What was going on with you? I could have just as easily done this to you, a long time ago. But did I? Or anyone? No." She stiffly walks towards the edge of the stage, nose turned up.

OOC: What is this nonsense?? How am I still alive??

Aipom
Honchkrow
Levanny
Minun

Gothorita - Crushed by a light OR choked to death
Flygon - Slashed with claws, rip tears in wings,
Noivern
Feebas
Gallade
Rhydon
Vaporeon
Pidgeot