Finished Convicted 2 - (Murder/Mystery Roleplaying Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
H9gl5pT.png
Overview

We’re back for another round of the serial killing game! Convicted is a new game I have recently created that relies on the characters you get to make and...and how they die?

Have you ever played the board game Clue? Ever watched a murder-mystery film? Someone has died, yet the culprit is a mystery. You're confined to a limited area with a murderer amongst the crowd. Every chapter, someone dies. It could be you. How are you going to stop this character, let alone figure out his identity? In Convicted 2, not only will you have to figure out the killer's identity before you die, but you also have to be hesitant enough to make the right choice.

Now that the intro is out of the way, I just wanted to say that this game is centered around the story and the deductions that you make as you “roleplay” the character you designed. More information on this is regarded down below.

You can find our first game here in case you're looking for some past experiences!

Character Customization

The first go I had with this game introduced 14 roles total, one with a default character acting as “you,” however the players from the past have opted for a whopping twenty characters that must be filled out in time for the game! I’ll go ahead and have one filled in beforehand to start the process, so that means 19/20 roles will be open.

Each of the nineteen roles requires merely a description that relates you to my character, which dies in the first chapter. [I’m giving you the role, you’re giving me a backstory that led up to this point]. You must insert a Pokemon you think fits that role well and then give depth to that character with the restrictions at hand. In the spoiler tag at the bottom of this post, there will be an example as well as the application itself. This example will be my application for one of the characters. Pretty much anything goes as long as it fits the rules and isn’t completely inappropriate. Also, feel free to mention any moveset options you want your character to have--especially if you create one of the competitors, since they'll likely be showing off some moves.

However, there is a catch (or a few, really): you can only submit one character in for a role. Your character’s background must include some sort of relation to Gothorita, my choice of character for one of the competitors. This requirement is so every character can have a motive to kill her and thus keep the story interesting. I will PM the person who created the murderer and explain what is going on and what he should do. Character applications will simply be posted in this thread.

Background and Characters

The story will take place in the Pokemon Contest Spectacular hall, and there are eight competitors that have made it to the quarterfinals. In the first edition of the game, I had a character that served as you, but thanks to my overall distaste for him and the votes I received, there is no need for a role like that anymore. The character you choose must be a Pokemon! Yes, you can think of this similar to the Pokemon contests in the anime and in the games, but we are not having trainers whatsoever. Imagine this world like the mystery dungeon series--humanless.

**I know the original suggestion was Human TCG, but I didn't see that part of the post at first and I think it would be really hard to pull off. This was the next best thing.

Gameplay

Once all roles are assigned and descriptions are made by you, we can begin.The first chapter will introduce everyone and lead to Gothorita’s death. Small clues will be given here and there to bring out the real killer, but the direct conflicts going on are back and forth accusations.

**When all the characters are filled up and the story progresses, I will, thanks to a suggestion from a poll, PM you with information on your character before the first few chapters, and I’ll continue to do so before posting a chapter as it comes. I cannot give it all up at once because otherwise it would take many more days for me to work on the setting up of nineteen different storylines… Keep in mind that I may take a couple days in getting some information to you **

At the end of each chapter, someone new will die. After seeing the corpse, someone will be asked to provide an explanation of what happened (whether the person was there at the time of death or not, someone will need to explain). The member who created that character will get to form an alibi and then cast the blame on a new Pokemon, which will shift the focus for the next chapter to an entirely different angle. This member will communicate his alibi and blame through PMing me so that the exchange of information is private. Your goal is to keep your character’s nose clean and still alive so you can watch on the sidelines for the real culprit.

As the game rolls out, you always have the option to PM me who you think the murderer is. Because we have a very limited amount of characters available, you can only have one guess. You must also give some evidence that the murderer was this person (you can’t just make a lucky guess). If you are right, then the chapter will conclude with you being the hero and defeating the villain.However, if you are wrong, your character is guaranteed to die in the following chapter. This means you will not know if you are right or wrong until I continue the story one last chapter, in which case I will either wrap up or continue on with the writing. Because the PMing process is private, no one will know if your character died because of the wrong guess or if by the murderer’s will.

You are both encouraged and discouraged to vote because even the slightest doubt can cost you the game. The killer is not going to be obvious, though, so you need to wait a few chapters before guessing. Once your character is dead, feel free to PM me and ask who the murderer was. However, you cannot disclose the information with the active players! Guessing is completely different from accusing! If you are going to guess, then you need to specifically ask if _____ is the murderer.

The murderer’s job has been increased dramatically as compared to before. Sorry rev3rsor, I know you didn’t get to do much, but now the murderer is allowed to pick a character to die before I write each chapter, meaning that he can completely alter the course of the story. This is to keep my writing style from making anything too obvious. The murderer will still be required to make fake alibis and blames if called on at the end of the chapter, but his will obviously be lies, and that’s okay!

General Rules
  • A character background or post-chapter accusation must meet the qualifications required or I will be allowed to deny the entry and write one myself.
  • Your character descriptions must relate to Gothorita in some way, shape, or form. You can claim your character was a childhood friend or you can say he’s Gothorita’s arch rival. It’s possible to connect any of the characters to Gothorita, so anything goes as long as it’s reasonable.
  • Any and all character applications need to be posted in this thread!
  • If you are blamed at the end of the chapter (which is basically just asking you to move the story onward in your own way), you must PM me back your reply (in the context of your character) within three days so I can continue the game. Likewise, the murderer has this responsibility as well for choosing the next to die.
  • Be smart. If you want to win, you need to keep what information you know to yourself. You want to win this game, so why would you tell everyone in the thread? However, feel free to roleplay, give commentary, and jokingly accuse characters. It’s all for the fun of the story!
  • You cannot start guessing until Chapter 3 so that I can introduce every character and give some background!
  • If you lost and know the answer, you cannot give hints or tell anyone. Your character is dead, and so you have no ability to speak anymore. You can still roleplay in some sort of afterlife if that appeals to you, and you can still comment about characters’ actions, but don’t speculate! You’re dead!
  • Be creative! These backgrounds can be borderline ridiculous / funny as long as they meet the qualifications and are appropriate enough to write about.

Roles:
Host / Spokesperson: Pidgeot (PMJ)
Judge (1): Flygon (GM Draclord)
Judge (2): Vivillon (bbninjas- Active NPC)
Judge (3): Carracosta (Twisted Turtwig - NPC)
DJ: Electrike (Celever)
Concessions Seller: Aipom (Celever - NPC)
Shady Businessman: Honchkrow (Reinforce)
Contestant Stylist: Leavanny (Twisted Turtwig)
Security Guard: Vaporeon (Vom)
Electrician: Rhydon (Omega Soul)
Super Fan: Stunfisk (lovandra)
Super Fan: Feebas (lovandra - NPC)
Competitor: Gothorita (Default)
Competitor: Lopunny (King Xerneas)
Competitor: Gallade (bbninjas)
Competitor: Umbreon (Keeper of Night)
Competitor: Noivern (Lugia123)
Competitor: Sylveon (raichulover11)
Competitor: Minun (Turtwig - NPC)
Competitor: Chandelure (Vom - Active NPC)

Remember that your backgrounds must tie into Gothorita. You may create a motive for your character, but if you choose not to, I will myself. Backgrounds and in-chapter accusations must meet the qualifications or I would be allowed to deny the entry and write one myself.

New! Your roleplaying and dialogue, that you make in the thread, may be used either directly or as an inspiration in future chapters! Because you’re your own character, you get to form it just as much as I do. Someone suggested more emphasis on the side comments you guys make, so I am going to incorporate your own opinions, which you display through your characters, into the story.

Copy this code to create your application:

Code:
[b]Role[/b]:
[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Background[/b]:
[b]Moves[/b]:

Role: Competitor
Pokemon: Gothorita
Background: Surrounded with a history of actresses and models in her blood, Gothorita, as a young Gothita, set out to become a contest superstar. She has mastered every individual contest offered in Hoenn and she has finally arrived at the end-all of contest, the Contest Spectacular. To prove her overall dominance, Gothorita has set herself into some controversy and news as needed in order to earn her fan support, a friendship with the judges, and free snacks at the concession stand. Everyone likes Gothorita, or so she thought, and as she enters the stage to perform the last, it hit her...
Moves: Doesn't really matter since she is going to die soon, but Round, Energy Ball, Psyshock, and Heal Pulse.

As you can see, I created a Pokemon based on an occupation and gave it a background. You will have to give some sort of motive as to killing Gothorita, which shouldn’t be hard since she’s so perfect. I will try and include every detail of a background provided it is appropriate and easy-to-write about.

(Your character, Mudkip, was just framed for killing Igglybuff. You, the creator, must provide a few sentences of dialogue or description).

Mudkip: No way! I was with Dunsparce in the kitchen making some brownies! I can go and get him if you want--and a brownie, too. However, I did see Haunter sneak into the bathroom where Igglybuff was at right before. Tell me, is my life in danger?

Something simple like that is all you have to give.

Applications will be due by Thursday, December 11th! If there are spots remaining, I will just fill them in myself. Your applications will go in this thread because that information can be viewed by anyone. The first chapter will most likely be posted near Saturday, December 13th-ish due to exams inhibiting my schedule over the next week.

If you have questions or ideas, feel free to either post here or PM me. I'm looking forward to starting this game!

To put this banner in your signature, simply put in:
Code:
[url=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-convicted-2-murder-mystery-roleplaying-game][img]http://i.imgur.com/H9gl5pT.png[/img][/url]

Deaths:
1. Gothorita
2. Flygon
3. Noivern
4. Feebas
5. Gallade
6. Rhydon
7. Vaporeon
8. Pidgeot
9. Chandelure
10. Vivillon
11. Lopunny
12. Carracosta
13. Umbreon
14. Electrike
15. Aipom
16. Sylveon
17. Honchkrow

PM me by Tuesday, January 6th if you're interested in co-hosting!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Role: Security Guard
Pokemon: Vaporeon
Background: Since her early childhood, Vaporeon's always been a very protective Pokémon, her childhood friend Gothorita can prove this. When the time came to choose a job, Vaporeon, unlike most girls, opted to be a security guard instead of a contest superstar. All her classmates thought she was insane except for Gothorita. Vaporeon and Gothorita always supported each other, no matter the circumstances. They both worked hard to fulfill their dreams, and succeeded. Gothorita became a contest superstar and Vaporeon a very successful guard, using Baby-Doll Eyes on her opponents to distract them before knocking them out with her legendary Hydro Pump. Vaporeon ended up dating a handsome Lucario, Gothorita was the most popular contest superstar and both of them had a long list of wooers. Things couldn't get any better. So they got worse.
A rumor was started, claiming that Vaporeon was in fact nothing but a bounty hunter, using her beauty to catch enemies off-guard before using Acid Armor to drown them, gaining her the nickname of "The Breath-Taking Beauty". After Lucario heard of the rumors, he left Vaporeon, who got very sad and depressed. To help her, Gothorita offered her the job of security guard at the Contest Spectacular, because she knew Vaporeon liked contests, but was too sad to shine to her fullest as a competitor.
After some hours at the job, Vaporeon started feeling better, until she overheard a competitor say: "That's the Breath-Taking Beauty, isn't it? Rumors say a wooer gave her that nickname. However, terrible truth is that Gothorita, her childhood friend, who was jealous of her, started the rumor. She wanted Lucario." After hearing this, Vaporeon's heart started beating faster and faster. She had been betrayed by her beloved childhood friend, who was about to perform! Fury filled Vaporeon's body, making it boil (literally). The thought came in seconds.
Could she do it? Of course, security guards are trained to neutralize, she would only have to use more strength.
Could she wipe out the witnesses? No problem.
Is the betrayal of a childhood friend enough to drive a noble beauty like Vaporeon to murder?
Only she knows.
Moves (I'm assuming it doesn't have the 4-move limit): Hydro Pump, Baby-Doll Eyes, Acid Armor, Wish, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Whirlpool.
EDIT: Gosh, that's long XD Yay, no one ninja'd me :D

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Pokemon: Lopunny
Background: For years Lopunny was the most famous Pokemon in the Contest Spectacular world. Her beauty and overall adorableness was unrivaled. After winning contest after contest, the thrill of it all slowly began to disappear. She was actually beginning to lose passion for the one thing she loved the most.

Even though she wanted to quit Contests entirely, she kept going. After what she thought should've been her last show, she noticed a small Gothorita staring at her in complete awe. Lopunny walked over to the Gothorita and introduced herself. Gothorita had been her fan for years and wanted to grow up to be just like her. Hearing this, Lopunny suddenly got an idea that would possibly serve as her last act as a Contest superstar. She would take Gothorita under her guidance and teach her the ways of the Contest Spectacular.

They trained together mastering the arts of beauty and cuteness. After a year Gothorita had mastered the skills it took many years for Lopunny to develop. She couldn't have felt more proud of her apprentice. Due to Gothorita being an orphan, Lopunny was more than just her mentor, she was a like a mother to her. Instead of focusing on her Contest spectacular career, Lopunny decided to focus her energy into making Gothorita a Contest superstar like herself. She wanted wanted nothing more than for Gothorita to be happy and successful.

After so much time training and mastering the art of the Contest Spectacular, Lopunny brought along Gothorita and signed themselves up to compete in the annual Lillycove Contest Spectacular. This was the contest of the year. Anybody who was anybody would be present. Talent agencies, celebrities, even the Champion of the Hoenn region Metagross would be present. Gothorita was mortified that her first contest would the biggest one of the year, but Lopunny reassured her that everything would go great. Lopunny's dying passion for Contests was completely revived after mentoring Gothorita for all that time.

It was time for the main event! All the Pokemon prepared themselves for the stage. Gothorita, still nervous, was comforted by Lopunny.
"Don't worry darling. I know you'll do amazing. I have all my faith in you", she said.
Lopunny herself was nervous as she was going to do something she's never done in any previous contest: Mega Evolution. She took out her Lopunnite pendant her mother gave her on her death bed. If she could pull off her Mega Evolution, she would shoot into even greater stardom.

All the pokemon did their performances on the Contest Spectacular stage. One after the other they showed of their gracefulness and power, each trying to outshine the other. It was now Gothrorita's turn. She used all the skills she was taught by Lopunny and pulled off a breathtaking performance that made the audience go absolutely crazy with excitement. The judges looked very pleased with her performance and even mentioned how her performance rivaled that of the great Lopunny. Now it was Lopunny's turn. After a few Bounces, Attracts, and Shadow Balls, she was ready to unleash the main event of her performance. Her Lopunnite began to glow and she transformed into her Mega form. The crowd went wild, cheering so loudly the Contest hall began to rumble. She was basically guaranteed to win this Contest now. She High Jump Kicked all the Shadow Balls and the Attracts in the air and spun around in all the glimmering energy from her attacks. As she began to descend on to the ground, some mysterious force blasted her onto the ground causing the bones in her legs to snap in half. She screamed in agony as a medical team quickly came in to aid her. They told her her wounds would not heal for many years and that she may have to retire from Contests entirely. As the medics began to clear up Gothorita walked up Lopunny and hugged her, she then whispered into Lopunny's ear
"You're useless to me now. Next time don't try to steal the fame I deserve you worthless rat"
Hearing those words come out of the mouth of the Pokemon she considered her daughter completely shattered her soul. She was sad and confused, but mainly distraught that the Pokemon she cared so much about would cause this misery to her.

Now after years of medical treatments, therapies, and surgeries she was ready to return from her tragic retirement. She not only wanted to revive her career again, but since she heard that the same Gothorita she trained and loved was going to be competing in this upcoming Contest Spectacular, she wanted to confront her once and for all. But would Lopunny really be driven to murder the Pokemon she once treated as her own daughter?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Role: DJ
Pokemon: Electrike
Background: DJ'ing is Electrike's passion. It wasn't always this way, though. When he was a teenager, he'd come into work as a postman every day with black make up beneath his eyes and bruises all over his body... but he was always cheerful at the same time. Despite his appearance, his personality was very un-emo like, and some people wondered what was up.

Well, one day a concerned teacher at school -- a Vigoroth -- contacted the police and asked them to check on Electrike's home life. The bruises were getting increasingly more painful and noticeable, and Vigoroth was afraid that Electrike might take everything a step further... When the police (a Croagunk and Toxicroak duo) raided Electrike's house, what they found there was worse than anything they could have imagined. It was dark, messy and the sickening small of blood and vomit threw itself at the Poison-Type duo as soon as they walked in. They crept around as stealthily and quietly as they could, peered into the kitchen and there was Electrike, being beaten as he was doing the washing up! And the black marks beneath his eyes? Bags, turned fully black by sleep deprivation and insanely high stress levels. Electrike's parents, the mother a Manectric and the father a fairly formidable Flygon, were arrested, and Electrike was taken to a youth hostel, where he found his true love -- music.

When he was 16 and busking on the streets, a rich business owner -- a lovely looking Swablu -- found him there. She mentioned that she was opening a contest hall close by, and said that she really enjoyed the small Electrike's music, offering him a job as the DJ there during contest spectaculars! Electrike jumped at this deal (who wouldn't?) and found himself on a road to stardom. The audience loved him, the contestants loved him, the judges loved him but... there was a slight problem... a person.

One day, a huge contest star named Gothorita approached Electrike in the corridor. She asked Electrike if he could maybe play slightly more cheery, happy music as it would fit the contest scene better. You see, as Electrike's release, he usually plays hard heavy metal, grunge... you know, that sorta thing. These fit cool and tough contests incredibly, and the contrast between the music and the cute contest is... well... cute! However, there has been some pressure from the media recently, stating that Electrike should be playing more serene music whenever beauty and clever contests are in progress. Electrike has refused to do so, so the biggest beauty contest star around decided to take things into her own hands.

Even though Electrike has a temper problem, do you think that after his childhood he would let something like a complaint drive him to murder? Maybe so... maybe...

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...
Round 2, here we go!

Role: Shady Businessman
Pokemon: Honchkrow
Background: An enigmatic figure who owns a totally legitimate money-lending business and an antique shop, Honchkrow is a perfect living example of the rich, always-wearing-expensive-suits businessman who's always surrounded by his buff, scary, dark-glasses-sporting bodyguard posse. Though in his case said posse is composed of the smaller Murkrow, the crows are no less competent and capable of being scary and sneaky inspite of their size.

Par the course for the stereotype he embodies, Honchkrow is rumored to have a large influence on the underworld of the city even though he's never been accused or caught in any illegal activities. This belief might have stemmed from an incident in the news about a Weavile who openly and haughtily mocked the crow suddenly finding his business going bankrupt, all his property lost in a mysterious fire and his name and reputation tarnished. No one really dares to go against Don Honchkrow and his name is uttered with a mixture of respect, awe and... unsurprisingly, fear.

Personality-wise, Honchkrow is amicable, though he does enjoy teasing, even if the teases aren't always exactly in good taste as they seem to leave the targets in a cold sweat while laughing nervously. He's not one to openly boast of his status, but maybe there's no need to, as his general appearance already gives a strong impression. He also has a habit of tipping his hat over his eyes with a hand-wing, letting his sinister smirk or secretive grin that can be glimpsed beneath instill dread or curiosity on everyone around him much better than words can.

Therefore, it became a very big surprise to everyone when the dark boss Honchkrow appeared to have gained an interest in rising Contest star Gothorita. He has attended every single one of her contests, always seated on the side of the crowd that supports her. He's never been shy of approaching her with a smile and a compliment after her winning performances. People had witnessed them dine together in expensive restaurants and have private discussions.

Needless to say, these bizarre events had everyone speculating, and had Gothorita catapulting on the top of the gossip ladder.

Some suspicious people claim that this is some ploy by Gothorita to raise her popularity, as that is exactly what happened. Of course, that begs the question as to why Honchkrow would help her.

The pessimists offer a frightening thought: maybe this is all just amusement for big, bad Honchkrow, the head honcho of the underworld who controls the shadows, and he wouldn't hesitate to kill her off and many other people if he wishes it. Just like what possibly happened to Weavile.

Honchkrow is a Shady Businessman, after all.

Omega Soul

I'm feeling dizzy
Role:Electrician
Pokemon:Rhydon

Backstory: Rhydon grew up in a mostly male family of fighters. He was the youngest out of the three boys, and never wanted to be a fighter. Unbeknown to him, his relatives didn't accept his rejection of the family tradition. When he came to be about 11, he was confronted by his father, a massive rhyperior. "Here, Boy." he growled. "We're a family of fighters. And I refuse for you to be any different!" He threateningly raised an arm. When rhydon only gritted his teeth, he struck out with great force. Rhydon was smashed into the wall. However, Rhydon had a defense. when his family were out in fighting clubs, he had discovered his love for electronics. Rhydon could actually reach some electrical wires through the smashed wall. Ground pokemon, Despite being immune to electricity, Can still have a bad experience with it flowing through their body. Rhydon had gotten used to electrical charge through playing with it so much. His father had never felt it. Rhydon grabbed a handful of wire and chucked it at his father. The electricity gave him, and not to mention the rest of the family,(minus rhydon, of course) a phobia of electrical things for life. Dragging himself away from the wall, Rhydon left the house, never to return. In his adult life, Rhydon has become an advanced electrician - unfortunately, he could never find a place to work for. When reading the newspaper, he found and applied for the pokemon contest spectacular electrician job. He brought great things to the spectacular with his advanced machines. He became good friends with electrike, the DJ, as rhydon made all of electrike's equipment.

One day, he had just finished making a new set of headphones for electrike, when gothirita, the contest star, came up to him and asked rhydon to try and convince electrike to play different music during Cute,Beauty ect. contests. Rhydon told electrike what gothirita said, and electrike told rhydon he had an intense dislike of gothirita, and that there was no way he was changing his music. "Can you... help me get rid of her, Rhydon?" he asked tentatively.

Rhydon dosn't have an opinion of gothirita yet, but will he stoop to his friend's level? And will he be driven to... murder?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've got some time while I wait for Werewolf 24 to begin, so I'll be throwing my hat into this ring.

Role: Host
Pokemon: Pidgeot
Background: Pidgeot is best described as vain. She is herself a highly decorated Pokemon Contest winner, and also a well-known Mega Evolution purist who believes that true beauty, skill, and grace come from Mega Evolution and only those Pokemon which can Mega Evolve should be worthy to stand on this grand stage. A while ago, she was involved in a scandal where she was accused of fixing votes in a Pokemon Contest. Gothorita was facing Lopunny in the finals. Gothorita was thought to be the crowd favorite, and it seemed she had the judges' favor, too. However, when the votes were revealed, it was shown that almost 75% of the crowd had voted for Lopunny. Though accusations were made, no one could prove that Pidgeot had been guilty of vote tampering - if the votes had been tampered with at all. Now, with both Gothorita and Lopunny taking the stage once again, and the votes being kept under close guard--and out of Pidgeot's reach--just how far will Pidgeot go to see the results pan out her way?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Pokemon: Gallade
Background: Throughout his younger life, Gallade was a very good friend with Gothirita. It's not surprising really. They both had the dreams of becoming a contest master; dazzled by the combinations they saw on their Pokénavs. As a Kirlia, the two constantly went to each other's places, spending days and nights watching and practising combinations. Once the two had reached the legal age to enter contests, the two started a journey together. They continued to bond; it seemed nothing could set them apart. But that changed.

Kirlia was out practising a new combination. He set off a Misty Terrain and let loose some Will-o-Wisp. His eyes turned blue, using Psychic, glowing in the blue mist, controlling the Will-o-Wisp. He spun the wisps in a funnel shape, which, by using the mist, created a misty tornado; Kirlia was in the eye. Then it dispersed. He noticed Gothirita sitting there, with an unimpressed look on her face.
"It needs something else," she said.
"Like what?"
"Something that you can't learn." Gothirita smirked.
That was the first remark, and the start of many. The taunting continued, Gothirita always pointing out the problems, saying she was better. It hurt Kirlia's pride.

After many practise sessions, Kirlia realised that there was one skill he could learn that would make his combinations outstanding. Focus Blast. The problem? He had to evolve. Kirlia always carried a dawn stone around in his pocket, just in case he ever needed it. He looked at it now. Was it time? Yes he decided. He placed his hand on the stone, glowed with a bluey purple light, and evolved.

The newly evolved Gallade walked over to Gothirita, who did not recognise him. He explained to her, and then she asks Gallade to show the combination. He does so. After perfect completion, with the added Focus Blast, Gothirita's face clouded with anger, and she viciously attacked Gallade. Gallade, with his new strength, managed to fend of the Pokémon, but the emotional damage was done. He left Gothirita there and went to pursue his own dreams however he wanted. And Gallade vowed to justify that day.

Now, here he is, in the same grand contest as Gothirita, wondering if this is a good time to get his revenge.

Obvious suggested moveset: Misty Terrain, Focus Blast, Will-o-Wisp, Psychic

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Turtwig is there a banner for this? One that looks more, uh, attracting?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Drew a blank for a while on a role until I read Vom's character.
I suppose it isn't directly linked to Gothorita, but it should work.

Pokemon: Umbreon
Background:
Unbreon was once the leader of his own exploration team. He and his crew would journey far and wide across the region, exploring for the sake of exploration, funded by a local guild run by an elderly Typhlosion. Life was perfect. Perfect, that is, until the guild leader fell ill and passed away. The leader's son wanted nothing to do with the guild, and it was shut down, leaving Umbreon and several other Pokemon out of work and without pay. Umbreon's friends scattered, seeking refuge with their families in other parts of the region. Not Umbreon though. His parents had died when he was young. His life was now crumbling around him.
He turned to a rogue life. Fighting matches were his only source of income. He simply didn't have the head for normal work like other Pokemon. He was born to fight! To explore! He often steered clear of bigger tournaments though, even if the money was better. His name was known, by the police and on the streets. It was too much risk, putting himself out there as an easy target. Surely if the cops didn't want him, some rival from the back streets would.
But one day, the temptation got the better of him. A 1k cash prize local tourney. To Umbreon, it seemed easy pickings, if he was careful. As he progressed through the rounds, everything seemed fine. Quarter finals came and went, and Umbreon was still progressing easily.
That is, until he was pulled outside by a Machamp, who Umbreon had just previously beaten. He had recognized him, from a night on the town. He claimed Umbreon had invaded his territory one too many times. On any other occasion, Umbreon would have been fine. But caught off guard, Maxhamp had his legs and mouth squeezed tight. No escape this time...
A burst of water hit Umbreon, knocking him out of Machamp's arms and onto the ground, where he lay gasping for air after having held it so long. When he finally looked up, the Machamp was knocked on his face, clearly unconscious. Standing next to him was a beautiful Vaporeon. Umbreon's heart began to hammer. Vaporeon escorted Machamp off premises before checking that Umbreon was unhurt and returning to her guard station.
When Umbreon realized she was a security guard, his thoughts changed. Now, he had to attend as many tournaments as possible, to see this Vaporeon more often!
Upon his entry at the Contest Spectacular, he was determined to speak with her. But he began hearing rumors. Something about her being a bounty hunter? He didn't care. After all, what difference did it make to a street fighter such as himself? But then he heard about this... Gothorita, who had supposedly started these rumors herself to make Vaporeon look bad.
That was it! His ticket to Vaporeon's heart. He'd find this Gorthorita, and make her confess! How hard could it be?
But if things went south... Well, he'd have to do whatever it took to defend himself, right?
Suggested Moveset:
Foul Play, Moonlight, Toxic, Protect

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Keeper of Night said:
Drew a blank for a while on a role until I read Vom's character.
I suppose it isn't directly linked to Gothorita, but it should work.

Pokemon: Umbreon
Background:
-snip-

Ooh! That's nice. A link to another character like that. :D

Turtwig

I might try and see about a second banner sometime in the future, but my schedule is packed for the next few days (up until the due date, actually).

I don't mind you waiting to post your backgrounds as long as you get it in on time. Also feel free to add some moveset ideas in there that I can use, or I'll just come up with a few (doesn't matter).

I'm really loving the characters this time; I can see each of them performing their roles so well! (Seriously, can you imagine Electrike as a DJ? That's so cool!)

Once I get spare time, I may start PMing people some ideas I had for their characters within the story itself, but that will most likely be when most of the spots are filled. Whatever positions aren't filled in time will most likely be cut.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Don't worry Turtwig, I didn't mean to put pressure on you or anything, it's just that I thought we could use a banner for advertising...
I can't wait to see the rest of the characters, so far they're all awesome!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You kids and your eight-page summaries. I have updated the background story for Pidgeot. I just needed to wait for Lopunny's to get posted to make sure my story would still work. Glad to see someone else was also thinking to make a character relate to a character other than Gothorita.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I really think this should be moved bak to the Forum Games section. People in the Writer's Café aren't necessarily interested in games, and only the people who played/watched last round know this exists. I'm pretty sure more people would give it a try if this was there.

Turtwig

Since we've gotten several comments suggesting such, and the indicator of less participants, we have moved it back to FG to see if it does better. Thanks for the feedback!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Guys, I've been thinking about this for some time now, but only now I'm starting to kinda knowing how to explain it. Since we'll be more than last time, and there are connections between characters (and not just with Turtwig's character), how about having 2 murderers? They could kill 1 or 2 people, it's up to them. Turtwig would PM the original murderer, and he/she could PM another member telling them they are the 2nd one, not allowed to refuse. Then, the 1st murderer PMs Turtwig who the 2nd person is, and then each chapter they proceed to try to make concensus about who to kill. This would also make the game half as long, as about 18 chapters is a long way (last time only 6 chapters were needed)

Turtwig

If we want to introduce mechanics such as this, then we will first need to get enough spots filled up. As of now, only about half of them are claimed. When we have at least most of the roles filled, feel free to bring up ideas like this!

Lugia123

Pokemon: Noivern
Background: He is very misterious but it is known to be color blind and a skilled artist, the latter skill being used to help with contests. He's always been a bitter rival of Gothorita and rumour has it that Gothorita did something awful to him. Could that and his rivalry combined cause him to... Murder?
Moves: Boomburst, Air slash, Dragon pulse, Flamethrower.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Nice banner! Hopefully it will get us more people XD

Status
Not open for further replies.