Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EV's: 252 HP / Sp.D
Nature: Calm ( +Sp.d , - Atk )
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Or something similiar would work very well.

- R-C

RE: The Competitive Battling Simple Questions Thread

R-C said:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EV's: 252 HP / Sp.D
Nature: Calm ( +Sp.d , - Atk )
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Or something similiar would work very well.

- R-C

oh man! Thanks R-C. That helps a ton.

If you find youself having trouble with Jirachi, then Earthquake is a viable alternative to Earth Power (just make sure to use a Sassy nature instead of Calm). You can also move some EVs to Special Attack to hit harder while still taking hits well (132 Special Defense EVs avoids being 2HKOed from Scarf Latios, so as long as you have more than that, you're fine).

I've always liked Ice Beam of Gastrodon because it lets him hit Rain Dragonite sets harder and gives him a move to still damage SubDisable Gengar after Scald is gone. EQ is still a good option, though.

I hope you're planning on evolving your Gligar, SS.

Only evolve your Gligar if it has its DW ability because it will have Poison Heal when it evolves which makes up for the Eviolite.

That passive healing will make Gliscor more likely to survive in the long run. Also not to mention Gliscor is faster and has a better attack.

Hmm. I wasn't really planning on ever using him as an attacker. He has Toxic/EQ/Roost/stealth rocks.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Hmm. I wasn't really planning on ever using him as an attacker. He has Toxic/EQ/Roost/stealth rocks.

I know the popular set idea for Gliscor before BW2 came out was EQ/Swords/Ice Fang/Sub with Toxic Orb (obv) as a held item. An offensive Gliscor could probably switch either Swords or Sub (probably Swords imo) with Roost.

Shadow Scyther said:
Roost + Poison Heal is only legal in BW2.
...which is now officially released in Japan. Thus, if you know someone who can get you BW2 tutor access, it's possible. (I know a guy directly who has it so I might be asking him for a few things.)

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I know the popular set idea for Gliscor before BW2 came out was EQ/Swords/Ice Fang/Sub with Toxic Orb (obv) as a held item. An offensive Gliscor could probably switch either Swords or Sub (probably Swords imo) with Roost.

No one runs sub on SD poison heal Gliscor, lol. Sub is kind of redundant unless you are running an EQ/Sub/Toxic/Protect set or Sub/SD/Acro/EQ with flight gem and sand veil.

Taunt or Protect would be a better option for the last slot. But I have to say, SD poison heal Gliscor wasn't really all that great even before BW2 was released. It was only really good when stuff like Excadrill were not banned, and when bulky offense was the best playstyle.

In any case, Sleeping Snorlax, as BW2 has given Roost and SR to poison heal Gliscor, there is no real reason to use Gligar instead.

I actually tried Taunt, Protect, and Substitute on my last slot...and, unusually enough, I got the most mileage out of Substitute than I did the other two.
But that's probably just me and I play really weirdly. (Or because it blocks Intimidate.) If Sub on Gliscor saved me against Teapot, I'm willing to keep it.

What is with the Kyurem forms etc with current metagame. I need an update.

The Kyurem formes are usable on things like Pokemon Showdown and the Japanese versions of BW2, along with the Genie Therian formes and Keldeo Resolution forme. Only the two Kyurem formes are considered Uber at the moment, everything else is OU, I believe. You can find the stats and whatnot in our/smogon's discussion threads.

Alright. I've been wanting to make a Hail team lately for VGC. what are some good Pokemon for a Hail team?? all suggestions are appreciated!

Void said:
No one runs sub on SD poison heal Gliscor, lol. Sub is kind of redundant unless you are running an EQ/Sub/Toxic/Protect set or Sub/SD/Acro/EQ with flight gem and sand veil.

Baloney, plenty of people run SubSD with Poison Heal. =P

Also, Keldeo is legal. Not LR Zapdos, though. :/

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Alright. I've been wanting to make a Hail team lately for VGC. what are some good Pokemon for a Hail team?? all suggestions are appreciated!

Walrein, Choice Scarf Kyurem, and Gastrodon all make good partners on a Hail team, as well as Reuniclus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back