DPPt/HGSS Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Who will be your starter? Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile

• Total voters
I agree with John. Meganium is not a good choice, so rule that out immediately. Typhlosion is perfect for only training it (no other pokemon) and PWNing very quickly, however feraligatr does always stick out to me too! But Typhlosion is so good.

He does but his HP is not that great. I have not Seen a Typhlosion with over 300 HP yet. The highest I have seen is 292-295 but not any higher. Why is it so hard to get Typhlosions HP over 300? My Charizard has 322/322 HP and that was pretty easy.:)

why do you have to pick fie types constantly!? (to most people here)

Can you remember D/P/Pt?

E-Four 1: Bug.. ok fire good against it, grass crap except EQ on drapion, and water Drill peck wiped the floor with them..

E-Four 2: Ground. Fire is crap here, super effective on him. Also two part water types :S.. grass very good.. water obviously great.

E-Four 3: Fire. In diamond and pearl, this isnt TOO much of a prob for nape becoz of steelix and lopunny, drifloon didn't do much either. But in plat! ALL fire types, makes this one a bit hard for nape. Grass actually very good, frie moves only normal effective, good defense for flare blitz etc. Had no chance of beating drifloon unless you kept bite. Water obviously the best...

E-Four 4: Psychic. Woah...its true that nape is the only starter that at poke league levels (65 etc) can defeat bronzong easily, but with a weakness to psychic, alakazam rewally f's him up.. Grass is not too bad, not a chance in the world of beating bronzong unless you use 8 curses and two or three hammer arms. Water.. also part stell.. so psychic not very effective, surf pretty much owns all of them and they hardly damage you at all. My lv 65 timid one killed zong with two surfs.. See where this is going?

Champ: Spiritomb: Water and fire best for this one.. grass still beats it quite easy, but a bit longer..

Chomp: Water great, dragon not very effective and if you get in an ice beem before he EQ's you, easy peasy. Fire useless here, EQ Ko's after 2 or 3 hits.. no super effgective moves come to mind. Grass very bad lol the curse/potion tactic comes to mind.

Milotic: Fire, crap, no SE moves, surf kos in 2 or three hits etc. Water is O...k, it takes a while to kill it, but then again your safe from all of it's attacks with a 0.25 resistance to water..Grass is decent here. As long as he uses two grass type moves before the opponent uses two surfs, which do neutral damage.

Lucario: Pretty much the only one that fire eases its way through, with a fire/fighting move.. water is ok, it wasnt hard for me to surf twice, aura sphere doing about 1/3 damage... Grass is great, EQ ftw.

Roserade: Fire yeah, works well, but one drill peck from empoleon killed it anyway. Grass bad, poison sorta eats away at his hp.
For D/P:
Gastrodon: One or two surfs from water, fire does crap, with water and ground being SE, AND rock hence gassies stone edge. Grass does great..
For Plat:
Togekiss: Ice beam Ice beam, Icer beam, water owns here, aura sphere doesnt do much. Not that hard for nape, two or three fir emoves ko, BUT air slash deals some heavy damage esp. with crit. Grasss..haha.. Grass, ground fighting dark and noromal tyupe moves possibilities, yet no super effective move against it, basically useless here.. An 8 cursed hammer arm is and easy 0HKO though lol.

So after reading this, you still believe fire types are the best?

And if your saying their best for the main gameplay.. I went through the game with a piplup and some hm abused pokes, and i never caught dialga, uxie etc.

Empoleon is officially the best starter from D/P/Pt, and there fore water is best - Period.

xxashxx said:
He does but his HP is not that great. I have not Seen a Typhlosion with over 300 HP yet. The highest I have seen is 292-295 but not any higher. Why is it so hard to get Typhlosions HP over 300? My Charizard has 322/322 HP and that was pretty easy.:)

Err I don't think you've ever heard of EV training :/.

Electimortar said:
xxashxx said:

Err I don't think you've ever heard of EV training :/.

I have. When I EV'd a Lapras in Fire Red his stats were bad and then I found out his IV's were too low.:)

Chikorita, because it will be more challenging to beat the game with it.

Otherwise I'd just get a totodile and breed once I get to daycare to abuse dragon dance.

well, its between cyndaquil and chikorita. Cyndaquil prolly cause back when, in crystal, when i duked out against red, Typhlosion was the last of my team that held out. The last one so Typhlosion is my comeback hitter but chikorita for challenge. Idk...

xxashxx said:
Probably because it isn't worth to train it HP-EV, and so most people train it Special Attack and Speed.

@ PMJfan001
Uhm... this is HGSS where we are talking about, not DPPt >.>

I'm gonna have to say Chikorita. Totodile was my major Pokemon in the original Silver, and I'd feel silly playing with the same Pokemon again. So I'm going to try out a Pokemon that I still really like, and that's Chikorita. :3

Pokequaza said:
xxashxx said:
Probably because it isn't worth to train it HP-EV, and so most people train it Special Attack and Speed.

@ PMJfan001
Uhm... this is HGSS where we are talking about, not DPPt >.>

I was comparing the stats to the Charmander Evolution line because it is one of the 2nd starters yes but I don't know why CCyndaquil does not get 3's and 4's on most stats like Charmander- Charizard. It is basically the same type of Pokemon but he is not partially Flying like Charizard so that could be why too. I don't know.:)

{R}{R}{R}{R}{R}{R}{R}{R}{R}{R} Cyndaquil was the first pokemon I ever got on Crystal back in the (ahhhh) 90's. Gonna "ressurect" my old team, starting with a Female Cyndaquil named Firework, who was the first and only pokemon I have raised to level 100 so far. I love cyndaquil.

I don't know. They all rock.
I really can't decide but high chance that I will chooose Cyndaquil or Totadile.

Back