DPPt/HGSS Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Who will be your starter? Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile

• Total voters
theres something weird with silver gold and crystal for every other game i prefer fire pokemon but for this one i like totodile a water pokemon

I guess it will depend on the wild pokemon in the beginning of the game. For example if there is a strong fire type i'll go with Totodile or Chikorita. I'm not sure about getting Totodile since there might be a Shiny Gyarados. :)

Starforce Lv.X said:
xxashxx said:
With the many trainers early in the game. You should start with Totodile or Cyndaquil. Since they are mostly grass and rock types it is the best way to start. Depending on your starter also depends on the difficulty of play. I think if you choose Fire types as your starter it is easy,Water Inermediate or Normal and Grass Advanced or hard difficulty. If you want to go fast choose Cyndaquil, If you want to go so so choose Totodile and if you want to take your time choose Chicorita the grass srarter. It all depends on your starter and how hard you want it to be.:)

actually totodile would be fast now since the battle system change plus its updated movepool.

Oh I did not notice much change in D/P though. I beat my Diamond in 6 days with Chimchar-Infernape. That was pretty fast for me. I beat Emerald in the same amount of days using Torchic- Blaziken. How would Totodile be faster? Water covers rock but not grass. Usually it starts out with normal grass and rock types. Did they change that in Platinum? If they did I did not know because I don't have Platinum yet and will get before I get HG/SS.:)

xxashxx said:
Starforce Lv.X said:
xxashxx said:
With the many trainers early in the game. You should start with Totodile or Cyndaquil. Since they are mostly grass and rock types it is the best way to start. Depending on your starter also depends on the difficulty of play. I think if you choose Fire types as your starter it is easy,Water Inermediate or Normal and Grass Advanced or hard difficulty. If you want to go fast choose Cyndaquil, If you want to go so so choose Totodile and if you want to take your time choose Chicorita the grass srarter. It all depends on your starter and how hard you want it to be.:)

actually totodile would be fast now since the battle system change plus its updated movepool.

Oh I did not notice much change in D/P though. I beat my Diamond in 6 days with Chimchar-Infernape. That was pretty fast for me. I beat Emerald in the same amount of days using Torchic- Blaziken. How would Totodile be faster? Water covers rock but not grass. Usually it starts out with normal grass and rock types. Did they change that in Platinum? If they did I did not know because I don't have Platinum yet and will get before I get HG/SS.:)
well Croconaw learns Ice Fang at 21 and if you trade for a breeded one you have Ice punch and Dragon dance for ghost types it learns crunch and bite.....

Starforce Lv.X said:
xxashxx said:
Starforce Lv.X said:
xxashxx said:

well Croconaw learns Ice Fang at 21 and if you trade for a breeded one you have Ice punch and Dragon dance for ghost types it learns crunch and bite...

Oh yeah. My Feraligatr has Dragon Pulse. I guess 2 of the starters are pretty fast now too.:)

I'm going with Totodile I never really go with the fire type Pokemon as my starter, unless if I'm just gonna trade it over to another version and starting the game I got the Pokemon again now with the GTS though I didn't need to do it in my Diamond and Platinum.

It depends on what the johto pokedex will be. It depends on how easily I can obtain each type of the three starters. For example, I would start with cyndaquil if there were barely any good fire pokemon to catch. Same with the others. I build my team around the pokedex and how well it could take down the elite four.

It will most likely be settup as G/S Pokemon before the national dex. They might add some from each gen like in D/P but it will be mostly the same for the most pary until the E4 is beat the first time.:)

I'm going with Chikorita, as it is one of my favorite Pokemon. Also, I could use an extra challenge in this game, seeing as how Chikorita is weak to the first two gyms.

Tododile. Period.
Feraligatr has the best movesets, Typhlosion is all a hype, it can learn hardly any moves. This is what my Feraligatr will learn:

Feraligatr
-Surf OR Waterfall
-Outrage
-Superpower
-Earthquake

Cyndaquil all the way. I think he has some of the best advantages early on in the game versus Totodile and Chikorita. Plus its like one of the only fire Pokemon in the game, and there is plenty of grass and water types to pick and choose from in this game

raichupika33 said:
Tododile. Period.
Feraligatr has the best movesets, Typhlosion is all a hype, it can learn hardly any moves. This is what my Feraligatr will learn:

Feraligatr
-Waterfall no reason to even put surf in there Feraligatr is a Physical Attacker.
-Dragon Dance this is more advantageous than outrage
-Ice Punch stat lowering moves on a feraligatr fail.
-Earthquake

changes in bold

now thats a better set but yeah typhlosion is all hype.

When Gold and Silver were first released, I fell in love with Cyndaquil. Naturally, I'm going with Cyndaquil again in HG/SS.

cyndaquil
first of all typhlosion i my favorite pokemon so picking cyndaquil is just naturall
also hes just awesome

It's tough for me. I like Cyndaquil, but Feraligatr always appealed to me due to its high Attack power. It's a tie between the two: Typhlosion's just a beast.

Back