DPPt/HGSS Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Who will be your starter? Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile

• Total voters
L

Lucario_Kid

I'm gonna have to pick Cyndaquil as my starter I've always picked fire as my starter and i'm not gonna stop.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Same here. Cyndaquil will make the game a cake walk since the Fire types over power most types.:)

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Totodile probably. Or maybe Cyndaquil. Every time my brother and I get a new Pokemon RPG game, we both start trading over our starter Pokemon, delete the game, and then just play so we all have the starter Pokemon. But that allowed us to sweep through the game.... so I didn't like it. Maybe Totodile since I have a Meganium and Typhlosion in my Platinum. That is, if we can trade DPt Pokemon over the HGSS (I think so.)

Dry Bones

Dr. Dry Bones! xD
Lucario_Kid said:
I'm gonna have to pick Cyndaquil as my starter I've always picked fire as my starter and I'm not gonna stop.
Same here. Fire pokemon rock but just still i dont like the other starters their just wierd i dont know why but cyndauil is just the best out of totodile,cyndaquil,and chikorita.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Electimortar said:
Why don't you guys just trade for all three? Thats what I'm gonna do.

I do that to complete the Pokedex, but I'll be starting with Cyndaquil to beat the game.

dmaster out.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Lucario_Kid said:
Yeah thanks I forgot to add a poll good idea

Edit ~ Poll added

Chikorita! lol ^^ It doesn't really matter which to me because I already have all of them in Platinum :S I'll probably start with Chikorita, but then immediately switch to some other Pokemon as my main one at some point early on ^^

Bubba235

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! :)
If I can grab a Growlithe early at the beginning like in the old versions, I will go with Totodile, but if they take that out, Cyndiquil. Though Meganium is great to have at the end, it doesn't really help throughout the game, IMO.

Bubba235

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! :)
I usually make my team before I start playing the game with the walkthrough book, so it depends on the good Pokemon I can get early in the game.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Since HG/SS will have Wi-Fi I will start with Cyndaquil if I get one of the versions then I will have my other 2 starters cloned and traded on to HG/SS. Whichever game I get. That way I can play though normally and then obtain the orher 2 Pokemon to help fill my Pokedex.:)

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
Probably going for Cyndaquil. I'm not totally sure however, I always wanted to train my old team from Gold again... I really miss them... (they were; Meganium, Noctowl, Sudowoodo, Ho-oh, Kingler and Jumpluff, I know bad team, but back then I didn't know much about Pokemon's stats and such, and I still miss my team) :'(