Cheating

What do you think about cheating?

• I like being invincable.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I dislike cheating, it takes out the fun in the game.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • I do it time-to-time, not that often.

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

Onimon

Slowly returning
What are your thoughts on cheating? Do you think that cheating is a good thing, but only if you do it once and a while, or do you think it is down-to-the-bone evil?

Onimon said:
What are your thoughts on cheating? Do you think that cheating is a good thing, but only if you do it once and a while, or do you think it is down-to-the-bone evil?

I think as long as you beat the game, i think it's fun to use cheats (mainly skin cheats like in Ocarina of Time)

Well, I only use cheats to get competitive Pokemon to use on Wi-Fi. It only speeds up the process. If I wanted, I could RNG six perfect eggs with good nature and egg moves, which would take about a week, or I could just hack them onto my game, taking about 10 minutes in all. I use cloning hacks whenever I want to send a Pokemon up from my Platinum to Black, so that I can use the same Pokemon in both games without having to train another one. I don't use Walk Through Walls and things like that, mainly because they REALLY mess up your game. I'd say that if you are only speeding up a legit process, you can do that, but if you're just using it to catch Lv3 Kyogres in Mt. Moon, I say OBJECTION!

i will usually beat a game then see what cheats i can scrounge up then beat it again with cheats...ever played starwars battle front with the cheats...its so fun. ive never cheated on pokemon...well once but it was pointless. i put on the walk through walls cheat and i walked through the guy blocking the path to sunnyshore city and went to the E4 with only like 3 badges and beat them...cause i had all lvl 100 because of rare candies...but that was the only time :p

I'd like to ask - can you use cheat-created Pokemon in the VGC competitions like nationals? Or do they have a system to find out whether or not your Pokemon are legitimate?

^i think that they check the stats and abilities. if they are not legit or are to high its considered hacked. if you have a spiritomb with 999 stats in all areas and wonder guard i think they will know that its hacked :p

I Generally hate cheating. It takes the fun and challenge out of a game, and also tends to have its glitches. I've seen cheats that let you walk through walls in the Valley Windworks, shiny Arceuses roaming wild in Floarama Town and even more, but they all end up going wrong eventually. I personally don't see the point in wasting your time turning on cheats. Don't get me wrong, I can sometimes 'cheat' by Soft Resetting if that counts, but I personally don't think that it's really cheating.

~xatu~ said:
I'd like to ask - can you use cheat-created Pokemon in the VGC competitions like nationals? Or do they have a system to find out whether or not your Pokemon are legitimate?

You can kinda use them. They have a spiffy hack checker in place, but as long as your Pokemon could normally be legit, and as long as you haven't doped up your game on anything too serious (encounter codes, changing IVs, changing stats, etc.), then you should be fine. Should be. I've heard that stuff like cloning, IV checking, and infinite items can pass.

One thing to make clear, we are talking about cheating with a device, right? Not just cheating within the game with built-in cheats or glitches? I definitely don't like the former. As said, unknown glitches occur. Not to mention that cheap devices break so easily. (I once bought a Gameshark for GBA, and broke it within 10 minutes. Returned it, bought another, and it broke within 10 minutes. Returned that one, and bought a Prima Emerald guide.) I'm not sure about moral values, but I don't feel comfortable with messing with my save, either.

I cheated some old Pokemon games really bad. However, I've since restarted the cheated versions and now my AR is collecting dust.
I would try the cloning glitch on an AR but I have a phobia of data corruption and game freezing. It's so bad that now I save before setting my DSi down because when I bump the DSi too hard it shuts off. Dunno what's wrong with it but that's the only problem it has.

It depends. Sometimes it takes the fun out of the game, sometimes it makes it more fun, and sometimes it makes really long processes quicker. I am pro-legal hacks when it comes to Pokemon.

Like SA said, it depends. I know that using Wonder Guard Spiritomb and 999 Special attack Blissey would be stupid, but some are passable for wifi play. I know that some people would steal the Elite 4's pokemon, simply because they had 30/30/30/30/30/30 IV's. They would then EV them or use them as breeding Pokémon. I know some other people hack the TMs and stuff, just so they can actually have access to competitive moves. I mean, otherwise you only get 1 roost TM, and if you use it wrong, TO BAD. So I can see stuff like that passing. I think another common one is using Rotom's different formes over WiFi, because normally it reverts itself back to normal forme. Stuff like that is fine. Just not 999 Special Attack blissey or WonderTomb, etc.

I don't play Pokemon games anymore, but I strongly dislike cheating on Pokemon games. Other games... such as World at War, I only cheat so I can gain levels extremely fast. I got to tenth prestige in a day, but my file got erased. =( So my over opinion on cheating is that it is only good to make the game quicker if you don't like waiting.

I completely disapprove of cheating.Not only does it give an unfair advantage to you,but it is also rather immoral IMO.It just isn't fair.

i beleive, gaining an unfair advantage against another player who has not gained these advantages and is playing by a set of rules, is unfair, and not moral, for you are stealing a fair game from the other player. BUT if you use cheating methods to do none but explore other methods of playing the game, or for mere fun, i do not condemn it. nor condone it. :)

I think overall, if you ask me, cheating sucks, especially with AR. In my hacking days in 2008 to 2009, I used to get all these weird cheats for my diamond and they ended up hacking my game,goody goody gumdrops

chellochello said:
I think overall, if you ask me, cheating sucks, especially with AR. In my hacking days in 2008 to 2009, I used to get all these weird cheats for my diamond and they ended up hacking my game,goody goody gumdrops

OUCH, i used to cheat when yellow version came out, but now i use skill to beat others :) if you cheat to beat sombody, i suppose your just telling everyone you cant raise a pokemon XD

i actually have a AR, just no motivation to use it :) but glitching out OoT would be FANTASTIC LOL

I absoulutley HATE cheating. I mean, it just ruins the fun. If you are done the game and you are bored, fine. If you are battling with a friend or using during the main storyline, NO WAY.

I dont really care if people use cheats, I just hate it when people use it to beat the game the first playthrough. However, there are some things I hate when people cheat, for example, hacking a lv 1 Hydreigon with 400 Sp.Attack, instead of things I dont care about, like hacking a lv 100 Hydreigon for use in competitive play with no crazy stats.

Back